• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DmC is a good game...just not a devil may cry game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The name is a big give away.

Speaking of, people like to make fun of the game, calling it "Devil May Cry: Devil May Cry" when for the most part, it really wast just called "Devil May Cry" (that's what it was listed as in our systems at GameStop), and the distinction of "DmC" as an abbreviation was really just that, a distinction. You see the title, and it's all...

DmC
Devil May Cry​

...and it's not repetition, it's called Devil May Cry, and there's just its abbreviation and full name following it.

Is what I'm saying nitpicky and stupid? You betcha, because it comes from a nitpicky and stupid place where people will literally ridicule just about anything.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Is what I'm saying nitpicky and stupid? You betcha, because it comes from a nitpicky and stupid place where people will literally ridicule just about anything.
And of course, when I level complaints against the original series, the same people who over-analyze and moan about the most medial things in DmC will accuse me of nitpicking.

Kind of funny how that works.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Like sayin' "ATM machine."

dL6oJnR.gif

Frazz

General gamer
For me: I think that if DMC 2 is considered a 'Devil May Cry game' then DmC can be considered a worthy title. It's not the best title in my opinion (that'd be DMC1 for me) but it's not like DMC2 with its atrocious Infested Chopper fight and its equally boring enemies imo. I also think that if they named the game something else it would probably have sold worse as it wouldn't have the same kind of promotion. I'm not sure if people would call it a ripoff though as Bayonetta isn't considered to be ripping off DMC by the majority of fans. Overall though I'd say it is a well made game that I didn't experience any bugs with and it ran smoothly for me plus I enjoyed myself. Is the combat as deep as 3/4? Not in my opinion but it was still worth my money and the DMC brand imo.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think that DMC2 had a lot of great ideas, those infestants being one of them. There's just a few things that would need tweaking, and it could have been so much greater. It's just rough that most of what's "wrong" with it are combat principles, which, being the core of the DMC experience, fell short for many.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It is pretty funny though.
Devil May Cry: Devil May Cry.
Double the Devil May Cry action.
Actually I think there is a bit more to that. Capital D, lower case m, and capital C for Devil may Cry might be the proper grammer. I'm no english mayor but I think 'May' is not a Capitalizable word. There is also the original DMC logo, there the m is small compared to the initials.

Anyway, have we arrived at the same conclusion, then? That there is no agreeing on this topic, either? Because I agree with the OP and many don't and I'd be willing to bet that another 10 pages and we'd still be in the same spot as before.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Anyway, have we arrived at the same conclusion, then? That there is no agreeing on this topic, either? Because I agree with the OP.

You know, I re-read ur first post in this thread and I kinda agree with what you said... I think I changed my mind. I mean, it felt as a Devil May Cry game when I played it, but in retrospect, I can't say I look at it as a Devil May Cry game now, while I still think it's a good game on its own.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Changing dantes origin is like Spider-Man getting his powers from a Spider god. ( eyes Spider-Man noir :cautious::cautious:)

If the OP's opinion was to be questioned, then DMC2 also had "high standards" that apparently DmC didn't reach.
Nope dmc 2 was good but while dmc 1 left two doors open, one leading to a more dark gothic path and leading to a dmc 3/4 style dmc 2 took the prior and it. Failed but I meant dmc 3/4's high standards. And I didn't just dissapear I'm still hear you know. I double posted didn't i? I'm sorry sometimes I forget not to

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well that is what you feel and it's fine.
But pls don't come and make absolute statements, for you can't speak for everyone.
You got a cocky sword and gun wielding protagonist spouting the occasional cheesy one liners stemming from a supernatural lineage; with gameplay that's fast and furious totally obsessed with style and over the top flare.

I can go all day with more comparisons that clearly show the blood of Devil May Cry running through the latest game's veins.

DmC is, and always will be, a Devil May Cry game. Fact.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You got a cocky sword and gun wielding protagonist spouting the occasional cheesy one liners stemming from a supernatural lineage; with gameplay that's fast and furious totally obsessed with style and over the top flare.

I can go all day with more comparisons that clearly show the blood of Devil May Cry running through the latest game's veins.

DmC is, and always will be, a Devil May Cry game. Fact.

I can see that. There are still some things though, that I expect from a Devil May Cry game which I didn't find in DmC. This prevents me from feeling it as a Devil May Cry game, even though it plays as such.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay to summarise (as I'm sure 'most' of us have given out our opinion already) DmC may not feel like it's a Devil May Cry game to some people. Despite that however, it does exist as a part of the Devil May Cry Universe. So basically the game itself is a Devil May Cry, although it simply may not capture the exact same feel, style etc of the original Devil May Cry series. In honesty it's subject to opinion, yet to say it isn't a DMC would be untrue. It is, but as I said, it comes down to somebody's own personal feelings.

So honestly, considering I don't see the point of continuing this, I will be locking this thread. Nothing against it, I just think all has been said on the subject and most likely if it were to remain open we'd just be going around in pointless circles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom