• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Devil May Cry (Project/Ideas)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Richard wants revenge for his parents and he hates the demons. For this he became a devil hunter
So he is turned into a demon by Somnus and his reason to go to DMC is so that Dante could help him with his transformation as well as teaching him how to be a better hunter.

i think richard needs a more pressing problem/conflict that we can base the story on. We need to figure out what he needs to learn from the DMC crew.

_Coby_

So he is turned into a demon by Somnus and his reason to go to DMC is so that Dante could help him with his transformation as well as teaching him how to be a better hunter.

i think richard needs a more pressing problem/conflict that we can base the story on. We need to figure out what he needs to learn from the DMC crew.

Mmmhh... I don't know. Ant ideas?

_Coby_

Well how good is he as a hunter?
what are problems he grapples with?
what does he believe in?
etc.

He is very good at fighting but he is not very experienced on demons.
He discovers he is a demon and can not easily accept it.
He believes in the divinities of Devil May Cry but is not a religious practitioner.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
He is very good at fighting but he is not very experienced on demons.
He discovers he is a demon and can not easily accept it.
He believes in the divinities of Devil May Cry but is not a religious practitioner.
I guess you can have the other members train him.

What kind of a person is he? is he insecure? cocky? scatterbrained? narrow-minded? is he an idealist? is he a cynic?

_Coby_

He is not as arrogant as Nero or DMC3 / 4 Dante. He is very calm but also very nice. He wants to defend innocent people and knows how to use all his skills that make him incredibly lethal. Remember that he can move at the speed of light and can cope even Vergil. He will be in possession of many new weapons during the advancement of the game.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
He is not as arrogant as Nero or DMC3 / 4 Dante. He is very calm but also very nice. He wants to defend innocent people and knows how to use all his skills that make him incredibly lethal. Remember that he can move at the speed of light and can cope even Vergil. He will be in possession of many new weapons during the advancement of the game.
Does he have any flaws as a person? What are his weaknesses?

Last edited:

_Coby_

Does he have any flaws as a person? What are his weaknesses?
165cm? Lol, I can imagine Dante calling him something like "short stuff" and Richard saying "Don't call me that".

@Z218 His defect is that he can summon Somnum during the story, but after a boss fight he can not defeat him permanently so he despairs himself and gets angry with himself for being so presumptuous and believing he can handle the situation without problems.
@tehrugger Ahahah lol

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
He is predominantly lonely.
So maybe his arc is learning how to be apart of a team? Granted DMC is a team where everyone goes their own way so it might not be the easiest arc to pull off.

Do you want to focus on him going after Dante after the events of DMC2?

_Coby_

So maybe his arc is learning how to be apart of a team? Granted DMC is a team where everyone goes their own way so it might not be the easiest arc to pull off.

Do you want to focus on him going after Dante after the events of DMC2?

Sorry. What do you mean?

_Coby_

I mean do you want the game to focus on everyone looking for dante after he rides into hell?

In the beginning the game focus on richard nero vergil and somnum. From halfway onwards the game focus on evryone looking for dante. And vergil collaborates with Somnus. Nero is particularly involved as he discovers that his father is Vergil.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In the beginning the game focus on richard nero vergil and somnum. From halfway onwards the game focus on evryone looking for dante. And vergil collaborates with Somnus. Nero is particularly involved as he discovers that his father is Vergil.
Does richard like working with a team?

Top Bottom