• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Devil May Cry (Project/Ideas)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Maybe a new character like Nero's mum?

I really like this concept of yours BUT please don't give Capcom any ideas that we know they won't do any justice.
Just my 2 cents.
That might be a good pitch for an anniversary game. Nero investigates his parents and looks into what happened 20 years ago.
About half the story he can summon the demon that killed his parents and after a boss fight defeats him. But soon afterwards a horrible truth will be revealed.
Ok

The next question would be how he interacts with the cast of DMC...specificalky the agency (Morrison/Patty/lady/trish)

_Coby_

Nero investigates his parents and looks into what happened 20 years ago.

No. Have you ever played DMC 4 Special Edition? Well... Vergil is nero's father.
Look at this:

The next question would be how he interacts with the cast of DMC...specificalky the agency

-_- ... I said that he buys the agency. Dante did not tell anyone about his quinid departure, all of them went to the agency finding Richard in his place. From here we can develop the story with the first encounter between Richard and the other characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
No. Have you ever played DMC 4 Special Edition? Well... Vergil is nero's father.
Look at this:
The initial version of DMC4 didnt explain his origins that clearly. There was a light novel that tied into DMC4 but people didnt trust it.

The extra scene in the special edition raised more questions than answers. So having nero investigate his origins to get a clearer picture makes sense.

Ideas are important but execution is important as well.
-_- ... I said that he buys the agency. Dante did not tell anyone about his quinid departure, all of them went to the agency finding Richard in his place. From here we can develop the story with the first encounter between Richard and the other characters.

I was asking how do you think each character would react to richard as a person?

I'm asking which characters would you like to focus on specifically? You can't give everyone equal focus so you have to prioritize.

Last edited:

_Coby_

The initial DMC4 didnt explain his origins that clearly. The extra scene in the special edition raised more questions than answers. So having nero investigate his origins to get a clearer picture makes sense.

Im asking how do you think each character would react to richard as a person?

I'm asking which characters would you like to focus on specifically? You can't give everyone equal focus so you have to prioritize.

The main character are Richard, Nero and Dante.

Mhhh... so... Nero investigates his origins, looking for his parents. During his journey he is called by a voice that leads him to dangerous and distant places where he will have to pass some tests to continue. At the end of this long journey Nero will find out who was calling him, his father, here it turns out that Vergil is really Nero's father. Nero will have to face a last test: beat Vergil. Nero wins but eventually rebels at his father's will, then Vergil attacks Nero again, begins the battle, Nero is in serious trouble but suddenly comes Richard who tells Nero to escape. Here begins another boss fight between Richard and Vergil. Richard was in those ruins looking for some artefacts that would serve him to evoke the demon that killed his parents.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The main character are Richard, Nero and Dante.

Mhhh... so... Nero investigates his origins, looking for his parents. During his journey he is called by a voice that leads him to dangerous and distant places where he will have to pass some tests to continue. At the end of this long journey Nero will find out who was calling him, his father, here it turns out that Vergil is really Nero's father. Nero will have to face a last test: beat Vergil. Nero wins but eventually rebels at his father's will, then Vergil attacks Nero again, begins the battle, Nero is in serious trouble but suddenly comes Richard who tells Nero to escape. Here begins another boss fight between Richard and Vergil. Richard was in those ruins looking for some artefacts that would serve him to evoke the demon that killed his parents.
I didn't mean for nero to investigate his origins in your story...I was just talking about a seperate idea for @Dante's Stalker.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Just an input to consider, if you want to make a New character i suggest doing an antagonist one.

DMC already had trish, lucia, lady, Nero, kyrie, patty, and what's his name that old dude i forgot as protagonists..

And look how most of them are presented in the continuity.. Only lady in 3 and patty that worked for me..

Now for me what dmc lacked are good antagonist.. Jester /arkham was the only awesome one imo, for i think vergil is more a antivillain..

Just a suggestion..

_Coby_

I didn't mean for nero to investigate his origins in your story...I was just talking about a seperate idea for @Dante's Stalker.

I still invented a new part of the story I really enjoy

Just an input to consider, if you want to make a New character i suggest doing an antagonist one.

DMC already had trish, lucia, lady, Nero, kyrie, patty, and what's his name that old dude i forgot as protagonists..

And look how most of them are presented in the continuity.. Only lady in 3 and patty that worked for me..

Now for me what dmc lacked are good antagonist.. Jester /arkham was the only awesome one imo, for i think vergil is more a antivillain..

Just a suggestion..

The antagonists of this story are Vergil and Somnus Aeternam (Somnus is the powerful demon that killed Richard's parents)

_Coby_

you could try writing a fanfic on this idea.

this is just an idea thread so just keep thinking about how would richard interact with the other characters? like what is his interaction with nero like?

I'll rwite a complete Story.
Anyway i invented the style rank.
D Don't worry
C Cool
B Brutal
A Awesome
S Sweet
SS Stylish
SSS Skull
K Killer
X Xtreme

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think making the reason why Dante gives his shop to Richard a subplot would help the story. The people that know Dante would be asking about that and the fans would wonder that too.

@_CobyCute_ It's good stuff but it may be hard for Dante to let the fighting go because that's all he's ever done.

@Z218 What do you suggest?

Yeah. It is set some years After DMC2

Could I jump in for a second?
Why would Dante need to be involved here at all? At the end of DMC2, didn't he hit the highway to hell? If Dante is going to be in any game set after DMC2, the focus would have to be on either his journey into hell or his escape from it. Because we need to know why he went and what he did there. So why not just omit Dante's presence at all and rather have him become a phantom character like Sparda, and just have hints/talk of him through the game instead? I mean if the dude's in hell, it means his shop is up for grabs (yes it does, c'mon this is DMC) so maybe Richard gets hired as a private investigator by Morrison to sub for Dante's role, and that is how he gets ahead and dragged into missions? Just an idea as it might make it easier to integrate Richard into the DMC realm that way.

_Coby_

Could I jump in for a second?
Why would Dante need to be involved here at all? At the end of DMC2, didn't he hit the highway to hell? If Dante is going to be in any game set after DMC2, the focus would have to be on either his journey into hell or his escape from it. Because we need to know why he went and what he did there. So why not just omit Dante's presence at all and rather have him become a phantom character like Sparda, and just have hints/talk of him through the game instead? I mean if the dude's in hell, it means his shop is up for grabs (yes it does, c'mon this is DMC) so maybe Richard gets hired as a private investigator by Morrison to sub for Dante's role, and that is how he gets ahead and dragged into missions? Just an idea as it might make it easier to integrate Richard into the DMC realm that way.

Sorry but i don't like this idea... Richard would be a investigator...? Nah
This is very dangerous, make Dante a Phantom character is not a good idea

Last edited:

_Coby_

W
@_CobyCute_ @Dante's Stalker
It could work because we don't know what leads Dante to be the way he is in DMC2. It possibility he could have met Richard before he went to go help Lucia in Dumary Island.

What do you mean? DMC2 Dante is serious and calm becouse he is mature and maybe a bit "tired" if you know what i mean.

It possibility he could have met Richard before he went to go help Lucia in Dumary Island.

Why should he meet Richard before going to Dumary Island?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
What do you mean? DMC2 Dante is serious and calm becouse he is mature and maybe a bit "tired" if you know what i mean.
People didn't like DMC2 Dante because he wasn't as fun as they remembered him in DMC1. It would have been more accepted if they gave context for the shift.

For example in Prince of Persia: Warrior Within I understand why the Prince acts differently than he does in the first game. Because they tell you how much time has passed (7 years) and what happened to the Prince in that time.

They don't actually do this in DMC2 and that's why fans dislike this take on the character.

Why should he meet Richard before going to Dumary Island?
I was just following @Dante's Stalker 's suggestion. My idea was for him to go meet Dante because he wants to work with him. Dante turns him away because he's tired of the fight but changes his mind because of reasons.

A few weeks pass and Richard goes to the shop expecting Dante but finds Lucia instead. The plot continues on from there with Richard taking Dante's place in the business because Nero is based in Fortuna and Lady/Trish don't need the store. They prefer to travel around.

It's meant as a compromise between your ideas and @Dante's Stalker 's suggestions.

_Coby_

My idea was for him to go meet Dante because he wants to work with him. Dante turns him away because he's tired of the fight but changes his mind because of reasons.

A few weeks pass and Richard goes to the shop expecting Dante but finds Lucia instead. The plot continues on from there with Richard taking Dante's place in the business because Nero is based in Fortuna and Lady/Trish don't need the store. They prefer to travel around.

Cool idea! But why Richard wants to work with Dante? Richard comes from a distant place and according to my idea he does not know who Dante is.

Top Bottom