• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Devil May Cry (Project/Ideas)

_Coby_

Without Dante at the center of events, it feels like a anime-esque side story to me. Dante better have extremely good reasons for selling his job, maybe like finding out that his father was alive all this time.

Richard looks like an okay character design-wise; but I think you really have to come up with a solid backstory. Like, what made him move to Dante's city, how did he learn to fight, how and why did he buy the shop etc. With Nero, although very vague, we have enough answers for him to justify his existence in the story. Richard feels more like a blank slate, or maybe a typical shounen mc just happened to get into DMC universe.

Sorry if I sound mean with the criticism. You have a very solid foundation to build an interesting story on and Richard's artworks look cool as heck. I wish I could draw my fanfic characters that well. But the story needs to be refined and improved. At this point it's just a concept idea and nothing more. And sure, you can avoid all questions about Dante and the other characters; but if you solely focus on Richard and no one else, it'll be just a half-baked scenario done for the heck of it. Like MvC:I's campaign for example.

That's my two cents on the issue. Like I said, the foundation is solid, build it up! If you want ideas for specific questions, I believe everyone here are more than ready to help

Initially I did not give much information but now it seems obligatory.
I will explain it with a dialogue.
This dialogue will be Richard telling his story.

I've always had these skills ... since I was a kid.
They are useful but...
Ever since I was a little kid, the other kids were kidding me saying that I was just a demon ... a monster ...
I did not understand why they treated me that way ... I've always been extremely fast and I can do acrobatics without any difficulty, I never thought they were a demonlike skill.
This thing was making me crazy ....
One day I found my dead parents ... beside their bodies there was a figure ... high ... dark ... monstrous ... He looked at my father's corpse and said, "You did not respect the covenant Krugar "and then disappeared without leaving traces.
I do not care about that covenant ... but from that day I never stopped looking for revenge, so I decided to become a devil hunter. I trained myself, you created my moves, my style, my weapons ...
Now I'm 18, I left my foster parents and I decided to open an agency to get rid of demons, I just moved to a new city to buy a property where to live and open my agency.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Initially I did not give much information but now it seems obligatory.
I will explain it with a dialogue.
This dialogue will be Richard telling his story.

I've always had these skills ... since I was a kid.
They are useful but...
Ever since I was a little kid, the other kids were kidding me saying that I was just a demon ... a monster ...
I did not understand why they treated me that way ... I've always been extremely fast and I can do acrobatics without any difficulty, I never thought they were a demonlike skill.
This thing was making me crazy ....
One day I found my dead parents ... beside their bodies there was a figure ... high ... dark ... monstrous ... He looked at my father's corpse and said, "You did not respect the covenant Krugar "and then disappeared without leaving traces.
I do not care about that covenant ... but from that day I never stopped looking for revenge, so I decided to become a devil hunter. I trained myself, you created my moves, my style, my weapons ...
Now I'm 18, I left my foster parents and I decided to open an agency to get rid of demons, I just moved to a new city to buy a property where to live and open my agency.
I think making the reason why Dante gives his shop to Richard a subplot would help the story. The people that know Dante would be asking about that and the fans would wonder that too.

_Coby_

I think making the reason why Dante gives his shop to Richard a subplot would help the story. The people that know Dante would be asking about that and the fans would wonder that too.

I'm working on it

I did not want to disclose it but now I think I have to tell it by revealing some parts of the story I invented.

Dante and Richard.

-Dante !! What are you doing here? Where have you been?
- I've always been here ...
-What?! Why did you go away !?
-You want to leave humanity in danger? We need you Dante!
- * sigh * listen to me ... I've been fighting for all my life and now im tired... everyone thinks that being a hero is nice but ... it's as if I was created to fight to death ... like a war machine ... a whole life spent fighting ... and fighting ... and fighting ... to the end.
How would you feel if you were in my situation? How would you feel after almost 50 years to stop the demons? I know it's a good cause but ... I think it's time for me to stop it ... we are all about to die sooner or later.
-B-but ...
-If you want to save the world ... do not count on me.
-Y-you ... STUPID ASSHOLE !! * they start crying * you're just an idiot !! How can you say something like that?
-... You are a devil hunter right? One day you will understand ... * he goes away *
-... I can not believe it ... WAIT !! Where are you going?!
-I do not know.

For now this dialogue ends here. I do not want to reveal too much for now. Hope you like it.

weapons_concept_by_rikykaway-dbpknae.jpg

Some Richard's weapons

Last edited by a moderator:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Yeah. It is set some years After DMC2
So is DMC4 set after DMC2 or before?

who do you want Richard to interact with? You pitched this as an anniversary game so how deal with that ? do you want it to be set 20 years after he took down mundus?

Last edited:

_Coby_

So is DMC4 set after DMC2 or before?

who do you want Richard to interact with? You pitched this as an anniversary game so how deal with that ? do you want it to be set 20 years after he took down mundus?

DMC2 is set after all the other Devil May Cry. The chronological order is DMC3, DMC1, DMC4, DMC2.

You pitched this as an anniversary game so how deal with that ?

I don't want to make a anniversary game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hello guys. I just want a new Devil May Cry with ALL the characters Lucia, Dante, Nero, Vergil, Lady, Trish, Patty, Morrison, Kyrie.
Maybe a new character.
Maybe a new character like Nero's mum?

I really like this concept of yours BUT please don't give Capcom any ideas that we know they won't do any justice.
Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom