• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Devil May Cry (Project/Ideas)

_Coby_

Hello guys. I just want a new Devil May Cry with ALL the characters Lucia, Dante, Nero, Vergil, Lady, Trish, Patty, Morrison, Kyrie.
Maybe a new character.
I have a little idea:
Dante leaves the Devil May Cry agency for unknown reasons by giving it to the first buyer. The buyer is no other than the new character: Richard. Richard is an 18-year-old kid, he is an apprentice devil hunter who takes over the agency after Dante has given him free before leaving.
In the following days Patty, Morrison, Lady, Trish, Nero and Kyrie go to the agency finding Richard in place of Dante.
They did not know that Dante had gone because he had not warned anyone.
The days pass, and Richard takes his first devil hunter missions, but one day Lucia comes to the agency to meet Dante again.

The story i invented ends up here.
What do you think?
I really would like to be able to create this new chapter and develop my idea but unfortunately I am not able to create a video game...

Maybe we can work together to succeed in developing this idea.

Viper

Premium
A game with EVERY character introduced in the canon so far? That'd have to be some kind of crazy anniversary game.
You mean like 20 years of the franchise, which is in little over three years from now?

The only limitation I see is that not all characters are fighters, but greater input from them could work, like for example getting missions from Morrison or doing silly mini-games courtesy of Patty.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So who is Richard and why does Dante leave his shop to him ? Its a rhetorical question that you should think about.

Right now it might be more prudent to just use Nero in this role.

For patty you could just have her be older than she was in the anime and she's training under Lady.

Morrison doesn't need to be a fighter or playable. I rather use Enzo who was Dante's agent in the first game/manga. He has never appeared onscreen in the current day so you could always change him up....

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
You mean like 20 years of the franchise, which is in little over three years from now?

The only limitation I see is that not all characters are fighters, but greater input from them could work, like for example getting missions from Morrison or doing silly mini-games courtesy of Patty.
That's what I was thinking have the characters that aren't really combat-active to play NPC roles in the story, like running the shop where you buy upgrades (in the fashion of Rodin from Bayonetta).

It'd be even cooler if characters from the novel turned up--like Berial, for instance. But that's a pipe dream that I know will never happen. ;_;

I do love the idea of a massive return of characters. It'd be like a giant Power Rangers reunion episode, like Forever Red.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I do love the idea of a massive return of characters. It'd be like a giant Power Rangers reunion episode, like Forever Red.
Even better than "Forever Red", pull a "Lupin III: Green vs Red" and have multiple Dantes played by every actor to portray him and have them duke it out in order to be the "true Son of Sparda".

It would certainly be...crazy. :cool:

_Coby_

My idea is to create major plot-related missions. Morrison
may give secondary missions to the player.

So who is Richard and why does Dante leave his shop to him ? Its a rhetorical question that you should think about.

Right now it might be more prudent to just use Nero in this role.

For patty you could just have her be older than she was in the anime and she's training under Lady.

Morrison doesn't need to be a fighter or playable. I rather use Enzo who was Dante's agent in the first game/manga. He has never appeared onscreen in the current day so you could always change him up....

Richard is a new character of my invention.
Dante decides to leave his agency for unknown reasons by placing it on sale and subsequently giving it to the first buyer without asking for money. The buyer is Richard. If you want more information about my character just ask :)

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Even better than "Forever Red", pull a "Lupin III: Green vs Red" and have multiple Dantes played by every actor to portray him and have them duke it out in order to be the "true Son of Sparda".

It would certainly be...crazy. :cool:
Drew Coombs, Matt Kaminsky, Reuben Langdon, AND Tim Phillips as multiple Dante's?
C H R I S T A L M I G H T Y, that would be amazing.

That really would be something special.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
What do you mean? I have a lot of ideas for the story
I just thought the reasons you stated for Dante giving up his shop to richard was flimsy.

So who is Richard anyway? What makes him worth following? Not to discredit Richard but people didnt take too kindly for Nero when he popped up.

Last edited:

_Coby_

profilo_richard_by_rikykaway-dbp9amz.jpg
I just thought the reasons you stated for Dante giving up his shop to richard was flimsy.

So who is Richard anyway? What makes him worth following? Not to discredit Richard but people didnt take too kindly for Nero when he popped up.

Richard is an 18-year-old boy, he is an apprentice devil hunter who has just moved to Capoulette City (the town where Dante lives) to begin his devil hunter career. While he is looking for a place to open his agency finds Dante's listing and then buys the agency. Dante does not ask for money without explaining the reason, and finally goes.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
profilo_richard_by_rikykaway-dbp9amz.jpg

Richard is an 18-year-old boy, he is an apprentice devil hunter who has just moved to Capoulette City (the town where Dante lives) to begin his devil hunter career. While he is looking for a place to open his agency finds Dante's listing and then buys the agency. Dante does not ask for money without explaining the reason, and finally goes.
He looks cool, is he just human?

Technically Capulet city isn't the city Dante lives, its just a city he visits in episode 3. The actual city Dante is based in has never been named.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Without Dante at the center of events, it feels like a anime-esque side story to me. Dante better have extremely good reasons for selling his job, maybe like finding out that his father was alive all this time.

Richard looks like an okay character design-wise; but I think you really have to come up with a solid backstory. Like, what made him move to Dante's city, how did he learn to fight, how and why did he buy the shop etc. With Nero, although very vague, we have enough answers for him to justify his existence in the story. Richard feels more like a blank slate, or maybe a typical shounen mc just happened to get into DMC universe.

Sorry if I sound mean with the criticism. You have a very solid foundation to build an interesting story on and Richard's artworks look cool as heck. I wish I could draw my fanfic characters that well. But the story needs to be refined and improved. At this point it's just a concept idea and nothing more. And sure, you can avoid all questions about Dante and the other characters; but if you solely focus on Richard and no one else, it'll be just a half-baked scenario done for the heck of it. Like MvC:I's campaign for example.

That's my two cents on the issue. Like I said, the foundation is solid, build it up! If you want ideas for specific questions, I believe everyone here are more than ready to help.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ok. So... Some ideas? Someone wants to help?

I think Nero's biggest problem comes from being the first lead character outside of Dante which might be lessened now. They gave him the lion share of the game which we could avoid here as we could give everybody a small campaign that is open from the start.

People wanted to go in a different direction as they wanted resolution for DMC2. The dev team just wanted to do something fresh so they created Nero and decided to focus on him. I think you could have just made Nero Dante's son and have him pop up on the bike outside. That kills two birds with one stone as Nero could offer answers for why Dante was the way he was in 2 and provide context. Through Nero and Lucia Richard could be brought up to speed on the unanswered questions and could shed light on their answers.

Top Bottom