• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Devil May Cry (Project/Ideas)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Cool idea! But why Richard wants to work with Dante? Richard comes from a distant place and according to my idea he does not know who Dante is.
I didn't know that:whistle:.

He could always find out who Dante is through just rumors from other hunters, maybe a demon mentions him and he's curious, maybe he stumbles onto a case Dante worked etc. He just has to know enough to think Dante sounds cool and worth working under.

_Coby_

I didn't know that:whistle:.

He could always find out who Dante is through just rumors from other hunters, maybe a demon mentions him and he's curious, maybe he stumbles onto a case Dante worked etc. He just has to know enough to think Dante sounds cool and worth working under.

So... Richard is a kid with strange skills. His parents were killed by a demon called Somnus Aeternam becouse of a strange pact between the demon and Richard's father. Richard grows up and becomes a powerful devil hunter, then he hears some rumors about a famous devil hunter called Dante and decides to work with him....

So? How could it continue?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So... Richard is a kid with strange skills. His parents were killed by a demon called Somnus Aeternam becouse of a strange pact between the demon and Richard's father. Richard grows up and becomes a powerful devil hunter, then he hears some rumors about a famous devil hunter called Dante and decides to work with him....

So? How could it continue?
he goes to meet Dante and a similar conversation plays out. Dante is reluctant but gives in and tells him to come by in a few days/weeks/months. Eventually he comes by to find lucia and finds out about Dante dissapearing in DMC2.

Since its your character you gotta tell me how he would react.

Last edited:

_Coby_

he goes to meet Dante and a similar conversation plays out. Dante is reluctant but gives in and tells him to come by in a few days/weeks/months. Eventually he comes by to find lucia and finds out about Dante dissapearing in DMC2.

Sounds good. So the motorbike sound at the end of DMC2 is Richard. But there is a problem... Richard have to go in some old ruins and temples to find the ancient artifacts that he Will use to Summon and kill Somnus at about half of the story.
So... Richard go to find the artifacts, Nero's becomes normale and he goes in strange places Invoked by his father's voice and Lucia goes Looking for Dante. Nero and Richard casually meet in ruins and have their first clash against Vergil. About half the Story Richard summon Somnus and kill him....
So what appends now?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Sounds good. So the motorbike sound at the end of DMC2 is Richard. But there is a problem... Richard have to go in some old ruins and temples to find the ancient artifacts that he Will use to Summon and kill Somnus at about half of the story.
So... Richard go to find the artifacts, Nero's becomes normale and he goes in strange places Invoked by his father's voice and Lucia goes Looking for Dante. Nero and Richard casually meet in ruins and have their first clash against Vergil. About half the Story Richard summon Somnus and kill him....
So what appends now?
Well this is still the beginning of the story so other things have to happen to set that up.

he could do missions that leads him to find tat temple out while interacting with the other cast.

_Coby_

Well this is still the beginning of the story so other things have to happen to set that up.

he could do missions that leads him to find tat temple out while interacting with the other cast.

I think it's time to design the first missions and artifacts to find, for Richard

Somnus is a powerful, millenarian daemon who was imprisoned and asleep before Sparda rebelled against his confreres

Last edited by a moderator:

_Coby_

...he is awakened by Richard's father to make a covenant. But Richard's father does not respect the agreement and dies with his wife, but his son is hit by an unknown curse.
Richard conducts some research and finds that Somnum can be summoned through an ancient lost temple named Kin-Shi-Ah, which is located many kilometers from Dante's city.

ok. do you want him to go on his own or run into the others?

I think its better if he go on his own

@Z218
The 4 artifacts
4_artefatti_by_rikykaway-dbq8m44.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@_CobyCute_
i think that's fine but the problem now is how do we bring in the DMC cast? given everything you've written it feels like richard knows what he has to do and doesn't really need the others to do it.

I guess you can have two plots- one centered on Richard going after Somnus and one centered around Richard joining DMC.

Do you want them to take place cocurrently or do you want one to be a flashback?

_Coby_

@Z218
Mmhh... So..
We are before the events of DMC2.
Richard wants to work with Dante but he is reluctant and tells him to come back later... So Richard go Looking for the artifacts and he meets Nero in some ruins, there is a boss fight between Richard and Vergil. Later Richard summon and fight Somnum but at the end Somnum tells Richard that he is not a human and for the sake of his father he has become a demon many years ago.
Richard is upset and has a hysterical crisis, weeping and screaming assuming his demonic form. He continues to weep, scream, and turn from human to daemon repeatedly. Her tears fall over her hands and turn into White Orbs. Lucia reaches and consoles him. Richard calms down, now he Can use his Devil Trigger.
Richard is a true descendant of the clan that protected Vie De Marli. His parents were banned from the clan many years earlier because of their dealings with demons but he has always been in good relationship with Lucia.

This is the past
After this there Will Be the events of DMC2

Now Dante is trapped in demon world and Vergil is back.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@_CobyCute_
Alright.

I don't mind the connection with the vie di marli but i rather he meets Lucia in the present day. It's easier to establish why he doesn't go to Dumary island with Dante if he doesn't know too much about them.

_Coby_

It makes it easier to explain why Dante doesn't take him along when he goes to Dumary Island and him knowing lucia might confuse fans.

In so Sorry but i can't understand what do you mean. Dante does not know that Richard and Lucia Know each other

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@_CobyCute_ Hi there. Excuse me for intervening. I don’t mean to sound rude or anything because I think it’s really great that you’ve come up with all of these cool ideas for a DMC.

However I’d just like to make you aware not to double post, please. Make sure to allow someone else to respond to your post before posting again. Should there be anything you need to add to your comments then by all means use the edit button. There’s also a handy multi-quote function that makes replying to different posts a whole lot easier.

Thanks, and continue the good work :thumbsup:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@_CobyCute_
It might be easier just to have nero talk him down from becoming a demon.

I just thought it would be easier if he didn't know anyone from DMC outside of meeting Dante and Nero briefly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom