• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's origins - What do you think?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
In the early videos of DMC4 Nero's arm was gold. Nero's arm is most likely his own and the blue color of it is most likely to go along with Yamato's blue color.

Good point, I remember that too.
And so, we're back to the idea of Nero hearing Vergil's ''Power. Give me more power!'' not because of his arm, but because of Yamato being close by. Well, at least that makes more sense than 'Vergil is inside my arm! Get it out!'.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nero COULD be:
1. Vergil's renecarnation (sorry I spelled that wrong)

2. Vergil's son (DB could be the result of Nero awaking his demon powers like Dante in DMC3)

3. A secret test subject created with Sparda's blood by the Order of the Sword

4. A character put together by Capcom without any real thought

You pick your choice lol.

Good point, I remember that too.
And so, we're back to the idea of Nero hearing Vergil's ''Power. Give me more power!'' not because of his arm, but because of Yamato being close by. Well, at least that makes more sense than 'Vergil is inside my arm! Get it out!'.

Nero: "AGH their is a demon dude in my arm! Get him out, GET HIM OUT!!!! *crying* GET HIM OUT!! LOL!

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Nero COULD be:
1. Vergil's renecarnation (sorry I spelled that wrong)

2. Vergil's son (DB could be the result of Nero awaking his demon powers like Dante in DMC3)

3. A secret test subject created with Sparda's blood by the Order of the Sword

4. A character put together by Capcom without any real thought

You pick your choice lol.

Sorry, don't mean to shoot your ideas out of the sky, but these are my views on them:

1. Reincarnation means that ONLY THE SPIRIT goes into a different body, and the body needs to be newly born at the time that Vergil died. Since in DMC4 it's a year after Vergil's (Nelo Angelo's) death, it's not possible.

2. Vergil would've conceived Nero at the age of twelve (29 - 17 = 12), with a human he hated, and didn't want to have Nero, since Nero would be weak; more human. And Vergil always wanted more power and to be more demonic, so I don't think he'd want his son to be... so much human.

3. That is a possibility, actually. But he couldn't have been made by the Order, since that would mean Agnus would've made him, and yet Agnus is surprised by Nero's DB arm. I have a comment somewhere that says he could be a clone of Sparda/an experiment.

4. That could also be partly true, because of the DB arm not making sense. This is the most likely option :(

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sorry, don't mean to shoot your ideas out of the sky, but these are my views on them:

1. Reincarnation means that ONLY THE SPIRIT goes into a different body, and the body needs to be newly born at the time that Vergil died.

2. Vergil would've conceived Nero at the age of twelve (29 - 17 = 12), with a human he hated, and didn't want to have Nero, since Nero would be weak; more human. And Vergil always wanted more power and to be more demonic, so I don't think he'd want his son to be... so much human.

3. That is a possibility, actually. But he couldn't have been made by the Order, since that would mean Agnus would've made him, and yet Agnus is surprised by Nero's DB arm.

4. That could also be partly true, because of the DB arm not making sense. This is the most likely option :(
The 4 option is most likely the only true one unless 12 year old Vergil knocked up his young girl. lol

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Either the fourth option, or he's a ''descendant of Sparda's blood'' (Sanctus's words) 'blood' meaning 'kindred/relatives'.

So he could be the son of one of Sparda's relatives (maybe Sparda's brother or sister). That would make him a half-demon, and it would explain why he's got a full DT in his concept art.

...Or he's Sparda's clone/an experiment.

The DB arm still doesn't make much sense, though, unless Sparda had family that all walked around with weird DB-like arms :p

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Since I don't think another demon like Sparda had a son with a human, it becomes more likely that he's Vergil's son, as said in the novel... but that would mean Capcom really screwed up with Dante and Vergil's age, and the whole timeline wouldn't make sense anymore.

I think Nero was a mistake Capcom made. Hell, DMC4 was a mistake... just like DMC2.

Bring on the new DmC! I hope it's going to be better than I think it will be.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Some folks don't consider the DMC4 novals cannon because the dude who wrote them didn't work for Capcom at the time they were published or something like that.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Some folks don't consider the DMC4 novals cannon because the dude who wrote them didn't work for Capcom at the time they were published or something like that.

Yeah, I believe he got fired after writing the novel... or something like that. I don't even know whether the novel came after the game, or before it. After, probably.

But I get the feeling that Capcom's original idea was to go with the story of Nero being Vergil's son, like in the novel. I mean, the novel wasn't written by a complete stranger.

I'm just waiting for a new story now; the story of DmC.
I'd like a DMC5, really, but it would be another game that doesn't make sense story-wise, and a logical story is what we need.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I suppose I should list my conclusions on Nero's origins as my final post.

Nero is not:

1. Nero is NOT Vergil's son, since Vergil would've conceived Nero at the age of twelve. Besides, he doesn't care much for humans, and he certainly wouldn't want a - for the most part human - child.

2. Nero is not a third son of Sparda, since Sparda died before Eva did, and Eva died when Dante was eight. So even if Sparda had died at the same time as Eva (29 - 8 = 21), Nero would have to be 21, not 17.

3. Nero is not Vergil's or Sparda's reincarnation, since reincarnation means that ONLY THE SPIRIT goes into a different body, making it impossible for Nero to have the blood of Sparda (and white hair).

4. Nero is not Dante's son either, for the same first reason noted at option 1. Besides, Dante isn't the kind of person who would have a child, IMO.

Nero could be:

1. He could be a weaker clone of Sparda, left at the orphanage in Fortuna by the person who created him, perhaps hoping that the Order of the Sword would take Nero in. And no, clones don't have to look identical to the person who was cloned.

2. He could be an experiment, somehow created by use of Sparda's blood. It could be that, unlike donated human blood that comes into the bloodstream of the recipient human, the blood of demons doesn't disappear after a while.

3. He could be the son of one of Sparda's relatives. Why? Because Sanctus said ''a descendant of Sparda's blood'', 'blood' meaning 'kindred/relatives' (look up 'blood' at merriam-webster).
This means that Nero could be a half-demon like Dante and Vergil, which is possible, since there is concept art of Nero having a full Devil Trigger body (my avatar).

4. It could also be that Nero (especially his arm) was a character created by Capcom without much thought put into it.

We know that Nero has the blood of Sparda. Quote: ''I must salute a man who carries the blood of Sparda'' - Sanctus. Also: ''a descendant of Sparda's blood'' (also a quote from Sanctus).
Since Nero has always had white hair, it makes the premise of him being a descendant of Sparda (OR a clone/an experiment created by use of Sparda's blood) quite likely.

As for Vergil's connection to Nero:
Vergil's soul is inside the Yamato. I think Nero heard Vergil call out ''Power. Give me more power!'' from inside the Yamato. Nero was in Mitis Forest at the time, which isn't far from Agnus's lab, where the Yamato was. Vergil echoed that line, probably because the Yamato was broken, and Vergil's power was weak because of it.
Though it's very odd that he only heard Vergil when his arm changed into the DB. It makes me think Vergil is inside his arm, but that makes no sense to me... how can a spirit be inside someone's arm?

Since there's no answer to the question who Nero is, and Capcom haven't given any answer either, I think Capcom screwed up. They didn't give us an answer, BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER EITHER.
They're creating the reboot DmC because of that.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
thanks i posted this and is a bit far fetched but it is possible :)

Damn, it was a while ago that I posted that.
I thought I read somewhere that he was ''left on the steps of the Order of the Sword'', but people keep saying that he was left at the orphanage in Fortuna, so I'll assume that's the truth.

Nero probably wasn't made by Mundus, since MUNDUS IS DEAD, and if he isn't, then Nero hasn't been brainwashed as far as I can tell.
That said, it's still possible that Nero was left at the orphanage by the person who created him.

For my conclusions on Nero's origins, see my post with the red, blue and purple.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
After all Dante said to him:

"And when you DO come back..give my regards to my son, will ya?"

So yeah he probably lives but is all weakened-etc.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I reckon Capcom will screw up explaining things either way. If they told us tomorrow that they were definitely going to explain Nero's origins in a future game, we'd all probably be relieved.

But then come the time we play it and mull it over, it'll all be so annoying. People will be saying, "I knew my theory was right", or "That doesn't make sense because of this or this" or "No, I don't like that explanation". Either way they won't please everyone. Probably won't please many, as they already don't.

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
Apparently, it was confirmed that Nero, is indeed the illegitimate son of Virgil, supposedly the DMC4 novel (I have yet to read) contains hints, of the bloodline. Also, its been confirmed that he is in fact Virgil's son, due to the fact it was confirmed in the 2009 Captivate convention by one of the Capcom employees whom worked on DMC 4.
> Source here <
Look under "Origin"
I am afraid of how Capcom will present it, sense it seems they wish to get rid of the DMC series.

The only thing I would say that, after they had released Dante's age in DMC4, they then later changed it to be slightly older.(sorry everything is glitched for me. My edit post isn't working properly

Top Bottom