• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's origins - What do you think?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Apparently, it was confirmed that Nero, is indeed the illegitimate son of Virgil, supposedly the DMC4 novel (I have yet to read) contains hints, of the bloodline. Also, its been confirmed that he is in fact Virgil's son, due to the fact it was confirmed in the 2009 Captivate convention by one of the Capcom employees whom worked on DMC 4.
> Source here <
Look under "Origin"
I am afraid of how Capcom will present it, sense it seems they wish to get rid of the DMC series.

The only thing I would say that, after they had released Dante's age in DMC4, they then later changed it to be slightly older.(sorry everything is glitched for me. My edit post isn't working properly

Well, sure, it has been confirmed by someone, but we still don't know who that employee is. Besides, if it was confirmed, then why won't all the other people from Capcom stand behind that?
I don't consider the DMC4 novel's story to be equal to the story of the game.

About Dante's age... I've only read that Capcom said that he's 29 in DMC4. I haven't heard anything about them changing his age after that. Do you have the source that confirms your statement?

I reckon Capcom will screw up explaining things either way. If they told us tomorrow that they were definitely going to explain Nero's origins in a future game, we'd all probably be relieved.

But then come the time we play it and mull it over, it'll all be so annoying. People will be saying, "I knew my theory was right", or "That doesn't make sense because of this or this" or "No, I don't like that explanation". Either way they won't please everyone. Probably won't please many, as they already don't.

Well, if they just put valid reasoning behind Nero's origins, I think everyone can be satisfied. Being pleased about his origins is a totally different thing.

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
Well, sure, it has been confirmed by someone, but we still don't know who that employee is. Besides, if it was confirmed, then why won't all the other people from Capcom stand behind that?
I don't consider the DMC4 novel's story to be equal to the story of the game.

About Dante's age... I've only read that Capcom said that he's 29 in DMC4. I haven't heard anything about them changing his age after that. Do you have the source that confirms your statement?
the source is linked, it says "Source here" look under Origin

Railazel

Two things to point out:
1. Sparda is 2000 years old. Is it really impossible for him to have more than one woman? No, the answer is no. Simply, Sparda had a woman probably a couple of centuries before Eva, that woman gave birth to children, then those children had children, and so on, and so on, until Nero.

2. We don't know how long Agnus has been apart of the Order. Even moreso, we don't the extent of his knowledge of the Order's background. So, we can conclude that experiments could've been performed before he was enlisted in the Order, thus the possibility of Nero being an experiment left out to dry exists.

Another possibility is that Nero didn't have the "blood/power of Sparda" until after the demon attack that supposedly had changed his arm. It can also be said that it was Vergil himself (in some messed- up state) had attacked Nero and placed his own essence in his arm (for whatever reason).

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
i know this is stupid but i got a new stupid theory that nero is a test tube baby and the sperm is of vergils O_O.yup stupid but it could be possible cuz he was in fortuna according to the novel and someone might have temporarily caught him took some samples till he escaped

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
Another possibility is that Nero didn't have the "blood/power of Sparda" until after the demon attack that supposedly had changed his arm. It can also be said that it was Vergil himself (in some messed- up state) had attacked Nero and placed his own essence in his arm (for whatever reason).
i vote for this one! this in relation to maybe he escaped from the demon world at the same time nero was where ever the demon attack occured and vergil cudnt have been in the right mind and attacked nero accidentally leaving essence in his arm! brilliant! :D

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
i vote for this one! this in relation to maybe he escaped from the demon world at the same time nero was where ever the demon attack occured and vergil cudnt have been in the right mind and attacked nero accidentally leaving essence in his arm! brilliant! :D

No, I don't agree with this. Nero obviously always had the blood of Sparda. He has always had white hair, immense power, and the DB arm is Nero's own arm. It's clear that he is a 'descendant' of Sparda, as phrased by Sanctus.

Two things to point out:
1. Sparda is 2000 years old. Is it really impossible for him to have more than one woman? No, the answer is no. Simply, Sparda had a woman probably a couple of centuries before Eva, that woman gave birth to children, then those children had children, and so on, and so on, until Nero.

2. We don't know how long Agnus has been apart of the Order. Even moreso, we don't the extent of his knowledge of the Order's background. So, we can conclude that experiments could've been performed before he was enlisted in the Order, thus the possibility of Nero being an experiment left out to dry exists.

I have debunked everything you've said here in a previous post. I'll say it again.

1. Nero is 17, so Sparda must've had him after Eva died (Eva died when Dante was 8). Since Sparda died before Eva did, this is impossible. If he had a child with somebody else at the same time Eva died, EVEN THEN Nero would still have to be 21, since Dante is 29 in DMC4.

2. Agnus had no idea Nero was a demon: ''That's demonic power! How can it be?''. He wanted to learn more about his arm, which is pointless if he created Nero himself. Somebody else could've created Nero, that's true.

3. Nero obviously always had the blood of Sparda. He's always had white hair and extraordinary power. The DB arm is his own arm. He went out on missions without aid, etc.

I doubt there's an explanation for his arm, but the following would be probable:
The Devil Bringer is a partial Devil Trigger, activated after Nero got hurt, which is how demons like Dante get their DT.
The blue floating apparition DT is Nero's Devil Trigger, using Vergil's soul (held in the Yamato) for help, which is why it's blue in color.

For my conclusions, see my post with the blue, red and purple on page seven.

Railazel

No, I don't agree with this. Nero obviously always had the blood of Sparda. He has always had white hair, immense power, and the DB arm is Nero's own arm. It's clear that he is a 'descendant' of Sparda, as phrased by Sanctus.

I have debunked everything you've said here in a previous post. I'll say it again.

1. Nero is 17, so Sparda must've had him after Eva died (Eva died when Dante was 8). Since Sparda died before Eva did, this is impossible. If he had a child with somebody else at the same time Eva died, EVEN THEN Nero would still have to be 21, since Dante is 29 in DMC4.

2. Agnus had no idea Nero was a demon: ''That's demonic power! How can it be?''. He wanted to learn more about his arm, which is pointless if he created Nero himself. Somebody else could've created Nero, that's true.

3. Nero obviously always had the blood of Sparda. He's always had white hair and extraordinary power. The DB arm is his own arm. He went out on missions without aid, etc.

I doubt there's an explanation for his arm, but the following would be probable:
The Devil Bringer is a partial Devil Trigger, activated after Nero got hurt, which is how demons like Dante get their DT.
The blue floating apparition DT is Nero's Devil Trigger, using Vergil's soul (held in the Yamato) for help, which is why it's blue in color.

For my conclusions, see my post with the blue, red and purple on page seven.

Sorry, but you're missing some points.

1. Sparda is 2000 years old, he didn't have to have a wife at the same time as Eva, he could've had one before her. Its that simple. May I ask why are you do think that he only had one wife? He could've had multiple women. For example, Lady is the descendent of a priestess who aided Sparda in sealing Temen- ni- Gru. Whose to say that Sparda didn't have a relationship with that priestess? Then there's Lucia and her grandmother Matier, their family had fought alongside Sparda during his rebellion. Is it not possible that he could've had a relationship with any of their women? You give me legit proof that Eva was Sparda's only woman, then your point can be valid. Otherwise, you're just scoffing off a possibility for no reason.

2. How long was Agnus in the order? Not long since he said, "Its only been years I since began this research..." Here he's talking about being able to bind demonic power to various objects. If we assume that he's been in the Order since its beginning, and the Order has had this ambition since its beginning, then his statement would mean that the Order has existed for only a few years, which is not true because the Order has existed before Nero was born. However, if we assume that he had been in the Order since the beginning of his research, then its safe to assume that he probably doesn't know much of its past and any other research it has done. Also, considering that people were "p-p-p-p-privy" to his extistence, I'm going to assume that he wasn't there for long since its impossible for a person to be kept a secret inside an organization since its birth without somebody finding out about him and spreading rumors. The reason is this: assuming that he's been in the Order since its beginning, why hide him? It would be very convenient for Sanctus to just say "here's our new scientist, who would be looking into the workings of the demonic world to help aid us" or something like that. Otherwise, if he hasn't been there for that long, then it would be okay to assume that he doesn't have much info on any other of the Order's experiments. Furthermore, if he was to have info on other experiments and he reads files concerning an experiment on Nero and that file were to say "failed," then it would be logical for him to deduce that Nero doesn't have demonic powers or that they are relatively weak and not much of his concern.

Then there's Sanctus who obviously knew of Nero's demonic powers for a long time. How come he knew, yet Agnus was completely baffled? Even moreso, after Nero beats him down he asks, "That's the demonic power... How can this be?" My question is, if he didn't know of Nero's abilities, then what's this "the" that he's talking about? I doubt that he's talking about demon powers in generaly, so he's obviously talking about something specific.

3. If it was so obvious then this thread is completely pointless. Nero's white hair could just be a genetic trait, possibly one of his parents had white hair without being demon. Besides, if what you say is true, then any trait associated with demons would indicate that that person has demon blood but that's not true. Matier's clan is supposed to be descended from demons, yet she holds no signs of having demonic blood, and Lady has superhuman agility, reflexes, and endurance, as well as having a red eye, yet she's human (a red iris is impossible for a human to get, by the way). Plus Nero's DB isn't his own, he was attacked and seemingly got the DB afterwards: "From that day forth... my arm changed..." Note that he says this after receiving images of Kyrie being hurt and it also states in the DMC4 manual that he got attacked on his right shoulder, indicating it was the attack that had caused the DB to show up, not any of his own blood. The reason being is that Dante and Vergil have been attacked and harmed by demons yet no change has ever been provoked by those attacks, yet they are direct descendents of Sparda with his blood. If the DB was formed by a conglugation of demonic factors, including his own blood, then the same should've been for the twins which would mean that Dante's demonic powers would have surfaced at much earlier time than DMC3. Furthermore, the DB doesn't change in appearance but in power, and it only changes by attaining certain items. If you what you say is true, then the DB should be evolving on its own, but it doesn't. Basically, the formation of the DB has little to do with Nero's blood, his blood being nothing more than a genetic conduit for the transformation to take place, but rather the demonic force that is possessing his arm and allowing it to change. The only implication of it being his own, however, is of the concept art of his DT which is in your sig, however it holds no canonical importance considering that the design was used for the apparition that shows up in his DT, not his own physical transformation.

Basically, give me some concrete proof that you're right, and your argument would be valid. Otherwise, I'd advise you to remember that nothing is set in stone when it comes to Nero. You may think you're right, but there are other possibilities.

shaoren

i've got the most meaningfull theory..

did any of u see terminator 1 and salvation?

in similarity to tht,maybe nero is sparda and dante learns tht after dmc2 whr he finds int eh demon world tht sparda's origional was nero so eh trains nero to be 5 times stronger then him and then somehow sends him to teh demon world along with kyrie who then changes her name to eva to avoid confusion in late future and nero turns out to be dante's father along with vergil's clearly makign sense why yamato responded to nero without hesitence...

but thts my idea..

Railazel

i've got the most meaningfull theory..

did any of u see terminator 1 and salvation?

in similarity to tht,maybe nero is sparda and dante learns tht after dmc2 whr he finds int eh demon world tht sparda's origional was nero so eh trains nero to be 5 times stronger then him and then somehow sends him to teh demon world along with kyrie who then changes her name to eva to avoid confusion in late future and nero turns out to be dante's father along with vergil's clearly makign sense why yamato responded to nero without hesitence...

but thts my idea..
That's quite confusing...

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Sorry, but you're missing some points.

1. Sparda is 2000 years old, he didn't have to have a wife at the same time as Eva, he could've had one before her. Its that simple. May I ask why are you do think that he only had one wife? He could've had multiple women. For example, Lady is the descendent of a priestess who aided Sparda in sealing Temen- ni- Gru. Whose to say that Sparda didn't have a relationship with that priestess? Then there's Lucia and her grandmother Matier, their family had fought alongside Sparda during his rebellion. Is it not possible that he could've had a relationship with any of their women? You give me legit proof that Eva was Sparda's only woman, then your point can be valid. Otherwise, you're just scoffing off a possibility for no reason.

2. How long was Agnus in the order? Not long since he said, "Its only been years I since began this research..." Here he's talking about being able to bind demonic power to various objects. If we assume that he's been in the Order since its beginning, and the Order has had this ambition since its beginning, then his statement would mean that the Order has existed for only a few years, which is not true because the Order has existed before Nero was born. However, if we assume that he had been in the Order since the beginning of his research, then its safe to assume that he probably doesn't know much of its past and any other research it has done. Also, considering that people were "p-p-p-p-privy" to his extistence, I'm going to assume that he wasn't there for long since its impossible for a person to be kept a secret inside an organization since its birth without somebody finding out about him and spreading rumors. The reason is this: assuming that he's been in the Order since its beginning, why hide him? It would be very convenient for Sanctus to just say "here's our new scientist, who would be looking into the workings of the demonic world to help aid us" or something like that. Otherwise, if he hasn't been there for that long, then it would be okay to assume that he doesn't have much info on any other of the Order's experiments. Furthermore, if he was to have info on other experiments and he reads files concerning an experiment on Nero and that file were to say "failed," then it would be logical for him to deduce that Nero doesn't have demonic powers or that they are relatively weak and not much of his concern.

Then there's Sanctus who obviously knew of Nero's demonic powers for a long time. How come he knew, yet Agnus was completely baffled? Even moreso, after Nero beats him down he asks, "That's the demonic power... How can this be?" My question is, if he didn't know of Nero's abilities, then what's this "the" that he's talking about? I doubt that he's talking about demon powers in generaly, so he's obviously talking about something specific.

3. If it was so obvious then this thread is completely pointless. Nero's white hair could just be a genetic trait, possibly one of his parents had white hair without being demon. Besides, if what you say is true, then any trait associated with demons would indicate that that person has demon blood but that's not true. Matier's clan is supposed to be descended from demons, yet she holds no signs of having demonic blood, and Lady has superhuman agility, reflexes, and endurance, as well as having a red eye, yet she's human (a red iris is impossible for a human to get, by the way). Plus Nero's DB isn't his own, he was attacked and seemingly got the DB afterwards: "From that day forth... my arm changed..." Note that he says this after receiving images of Kyrie being hurt and it also states in the DMC4 manual that he got attacked on his right shoulder, indicating it was the attack that had caused the DB to show up, not any of his own blood. The reason being is that Dante and Vergil have been attacked and harmed by demons yet no change has ever been provoked by those attacks, yet they are direct descendents of Sparda with his blood. If the DB was formed by a conglugation of demonic factors, including his own blood, then the same should've been for the twins which would mean that Dante's demonic powers would have surfaced at much earlier time than DMC3. Furthermore, the DB doesn't change in appearance but in power, and it only changes by attaining certain items. If you what you say is true, then the DB should be evolving on its own, but it doesn't. Basically, the formation of the DB has little to do with Nero's blood, his blood being nothing more than a genetic conduit for the transformation to take place, but rather the demonic force that is possessing his arm and allowing it to change. The only implication of it being his own, however, is of the concept art of his DT which is in your sig, however it holds no canonical importance considering that the design was used for the apparition that shows up in his DT, not his own physical transformation.

Basically, give me some concrete proof that you're right, and your argument would be valid. Otherwise, I'd advise you to remember that nothing is set in stone when it comes to Nero. You may think you're right, but there are other possibilities.

It doesn't matter if Sparda had another wife. Nero can't be his son, since Nero is 17 and Sparda died before Eva did, and she died when Dante was eight. I don't see why you want to bring it up again.

I never said Agnus created Nero, somebody else said that. I find the idea ridiculous, since he obviously knows nothing about Nero's demonic powers or his arm. He also DID NOT say ''that's the demonic power!''. He said: ''that's demonic power!'', without ''the''. I'm afraid you must have misheard him.

Somebody else of the Order could've experimented on Nero or something, sure.
We don't know how long Agnus has been with the Order. All he said was: ''It has only been a few years since I began this research''. That tells us nothing.

Lady does not have a red eye, it's purple.
Not a single human has white hair (aside from senior citizens), and it's definitely a trademark of Sparda's bloodline. Nero has amazing power, he's no doubt stronger than Lady. Sure, she's got a bazooka and a motorcycle, but that doesn't mean anything with regard to power.

Nero's DB arm IS his own, since it's red and blue. If it were Vergil's, it would only be blue. Symbolism is very important in this game.
The DB arm appeared after he was attacked and wounded, much like the Devil Trigger.
Look, if you're saying that Nero's arm is not his own, but it was infected or something, then that's just plain weird. There is no 'soul possessing his arm and morphing it'. It's just impossible in my opinion, because how can a soul be inside somebody's arm and change it? It's preposterous.

I think the concept art IS of importance, since they obviously intended Nero to have a full Devil Trigger body. If they didn't, then why did they make the frickin art in the first place?! Did you ever notice that Nero's arm is the same as that of the blue apparition floating near him? That's because the apparition IS Nero's full DT, only converted into this blue floating crap.

But I think the DB arm was a screwup. Capcom only wanted something new to innovate gameplay, so they came up with that ****.

Again, please read my previous posts (you may have to go back a few pages, oh the horror). I believe I've explained everything quite satisfactory there, and I'm not going to repeat myself further.

Railazel

I never said Agnus created Nero, somebody else did. I find the idea ridiculous, since he obviously knows nothing about Nero's demonic powers or his arm. He also DID NOT say ''that's the demonic power''. He said: ''that's demonic power!'', without ''the''. I'm afraid you must have misheard him.

Lady does not have a red eye, it's purple.

Nero's DB arm IS his own, since it's red and blue. If it were Vergil's, it would only be blue. Symbolism is very important in this game.
The DB arm appeared after he was attacked and wounded, much like the Devil Trigger.
Look, if you're saying that Nero's arm is not his own, but it was infected or something, then that's just plain weird. There is no 'soul possessing his arm and morphing it'. It's just impossible in my opinion, because how can a soul be inside somebody's arm and change it? It's preposterous.

I think the concept art IS of importance, since they obviously intended Nero to have a full Devil Trigger body. If they didn't, then why did they make the frickin art in the first place?! Did you ever notice that Nero's arm is the same as that of the blue apparition floating near him? That's because the apparition looks EXACTLY the same as my avatar.

Again, please read my previous posts. I believe I've explained everything quite satisfactory there, and I'm not going to repeat myself.

1. I never said that you did, I was making the point that just because Agnus didn't know of Nero's power doesn't remove the possibility of Nero being an experiment. Now, the whole "the" thing is my bad (because it sounds like he's saying it but that could just be his impediment).

2. Lady's eyes are red and blue, not purple and blue. Arkham's are a clear red and Jester's hat is split between a red side and blue side in accordance to that.

3. I assume you haven't seen the Exorcist? If you haven't here's a comparison between the little girl as she originally looked and what happened to her after her possession. Now if this is what could do to the entire human body, then I could only wonder what it can do the a single arm.

4. The concept art maybe of importance to you, but that doesn't change the fact that they had changed their original plan. Thus whatever intention they originally had when making the concept art had obvously changed in the final product. Furthermore, you must consider that the Apparition's appearance and very existence is a topic of much speculation among us fans.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I'd say Lady's eyes should be red and blue, but when you look at them in this picture:
http://mishasfan.deviantart.com/art/Lady-DMC-Background-98908786
they really look green and purple. They also looked green and purple in DMC3, as far as I can remember.

I don't want to bring The Exorcist into the picture, since that has NOTHING to do with the DMC games.

I think Capcom intended Nero to have a full DT, of course. Why would they change it into the DB arm? For the 'innovative gameplay', it seems.

I'm not going to argue any further. If you want answers, then read my previous posts (preferably all of the useful ones), because I'm getting tired of repeating myself all the time.

Aaand... my post after this one has disappeared. WTF?

Railazel

I'm not going to argue any further. If you want answers, then read my previous posts (preferably all of the useful ones), because I'm getting tired of repeating myself all the time.

I have my own answers and I read yours already, so I know where you stand, it just appeared to me that you were disregarding possibilities without truly understanding them.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Well, I've explored just about all of the possibilities, and I've presented my arguments as to why some other theories can't be possible. But the thing is, there's a lot to speculate and theorize about. I've simply chosen the most probable theories and presented my arguments.

I consider my work done here, unless somebody contests what I've already said.

That said, thanks for your theory of Sparda having had relations with multiple women over the ages, and them having children and so on. Although it's not probable with Eva and Sparda's relationship being legendary - unlike the ones with the other women - it's still very much a possibility.

Railazel

Well, I've explored just about all of the possibilities, and I've presented my arguments as to why some other theories can't be possible. But the thing is, there's a lot to speculate and theorize about. I've simply chosen the most probable theories and presented my arguments.

I consider my work done here, unless somebody contests what I've already said.

That said, thanks for your theory of Sparda having had relations with multiple women over the ages, and them having children and so on. Although it's not probable with Eva and Sparda's relationship being legendary - unlike the ones with the other women - it's still very much a possibility.

Your welcome :D, and thank you for your theory and input. We should have more discussions like this.

Anyways, I've always had the idea that his DT could be incomplete. Considering that the DB is incomplete, there's the chance that he could turn full Demon at some point.

Top Bottom