• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's origins - What do you think?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
ok so lets put the age thing aside.we all know that nero has a connection with vergil the blue DT shadow and vergils power quotes so all we can say by this info is that he's vergils son it pretty much seems like he was created for this but capcom messed up.

What I know for certain, is that Nero's blue DT spirit floating around him is Nero's own DT, not Vergil's. If you compare Nero's DT spirit with my avatar, which is his full DT, you can see that.

BUT, I think Vergil's spirit is inside the Yamato (part of it anyway, the part that wants power). Since Nero said that ''a voice echoed: Power. Give me more power'', I think he heard Vergil from a 'distance', so to speak, meaning he heard him call out from inside the Yamato.

Since Vergil's spirit is inside the Yamato, Nero gets a blue DT (kind of like Dante in DMC3, who gets a different DT with different weapons).
Maybe Nero still has to discover his own DT, since with the Yamato DT, Vergil is helping out Nero. The spirit DT is a combination of Nero's DT and Vergil's DT (Nero's devil body, and Vergil's blue aura).

That's what I think anyway. No way to confirm that, though... it's all speculation.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yes, that's why we're trying to deduce what his origins may be, by use of logical reasoning.
So far, I'd say we've made good progress eliminating some ideas, like Nero being Sparda's son. That notion would seem to be impossible.
Agree. The only logical thing I could thing of is that Nero is Vergil's kid. But that's just me.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Agree. The only logical thing I could thing of is that Nero is Vergil's kid. But that's just me.

Yes, but I've already disproved that idea as well, in a post a few pages back, I think.
Honestly, nobody knows where Nero came from. I think Capcom might not know either. since the DMC4 novel implies that Nero is Vergil's son, but it's impossible because of the age difference between Vergil and Nero, and also because Vergil would never want to have a child that's a quarter demon IMO.

I think Capcom doesn't know either, and that's another reason why they started over, with the new DmC.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective

Not really. Capcom hinted that too using the novel;)

However since they change their mind faster than Batman appears out of nowhere, we still can't be certain until they release something (like a DMC5) with definite proof.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yes, but I've already disproved that idea as well, in a post a few pages back, I think.
Honestly, nobody knows where Nero came from. I think Capcom might not know either. since the DMC4 novel implies that Nero is Vergil's son, but it's impossible because of the age difference between Vergil and Nero, and also because Vergil would never want to have a child that's a quarter demon IMO.

I think Capcom doesn't know either, and that's another reason why they started over, with the new DmC.
I agree to that too. I believe that when Capcom created Nero, their idea behind him was "create a new character besides Dante" and thus Nero and his Devil arm were born. Later down the line he was placed into Sparda's blood line without any real thought behind it.

S.F.W

King of Hearts
I would think that Nero's connection with Vergil comes from Yamato. That Nero has his own DT but it's not fully developed, so when his arm said it needed more power it meant that maybe his devil trigger will fully form from taking/using others demonic power with his own. Yamato holding Vegils power may be the case.....

thats all I got.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Not really. Capcom hinted that too using the novel;)

However since they change their mind faster than Batman appears out of nowhere, we still can't be certain until they release something (like a DMC5) with definite proof.
My post addressed to LH1991 explains a possible truth behind Nero. But you are right.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I would think that Nero's connection with Vergil comes from Yamato. That Nero has his own DT but it's not fully developed, so when his arm said it needed more power it meant that maybe his devil trigger will fully form from taking/using others demonic power with his own. Yamato holding Vegils power may be the case.....

thats all I got.

Yeah, sort of. My ideas on Vergil: see my post with the one yellow-marked word: 'echoed'.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
My post addressed to LH1991 explains a possible truth behind Nero. But you are right.

I know, my last post before this one was meant to agree with you, but since S.W.A. and I posted in about the same time it wasn't as obvious^^;

But point is, I agree. He was (probably) created in a hurry with not much thought about it, which probably explains why he turned up like he did.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't mean to repeat myself, but yeah Nero was supposed to be "a new hero" a character to replace Vergil. For some reason one of the creators at Capcom didn't like Vergil I don't know why. So they create Nero and his devil arm purely for new game play reasons and down the road they say he is somehow part of Sparda's blood line. But the story seems to imply that Nero without Yamato is of Sparda's blood line. Nero having Yamato is more of just allowing Nero to enter his ghost like Devil Trigger.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I think Nero was supposed to have a full-body DT... I mean, my avatar is Nero's full DT.
But then they started thinking about 'new gameplay innovations', and they came up with the Devil Bringer arm. Since he only had a devil's arm, Capcom probably decided that Nero should be weaker than Dante and be like a quarter demon.

Then they came up with the idea of Nero being the son of Vergil, which couldn't be possible. But that's the only thing they could come up with.

That's when it all went to hell (no pun intended).

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The only sure thing about Nero is the DB. They were talking about it around the time DMC3:SE came out, saying how their new attack-system would be impossible in the PS2. It was supposed to be Nero's selling point.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
The only sure thing about Nero is the DB. They were talking about it around the time DMC3:SE came out, saying how their new attack-system would be impossible in the PS2. It was supposed to be Nero's selling point.

Yeah. My guess is that Capcom cared more about 'innovating gameplay' than the actual story and what's possible and what's not.

I just can't make sense of the DB arm, and that's why the DB is the biggest problem. I mean, even if he were a quarter demon, why would he have ONLY A DEVIL'S ARM? It would be more logical if half of his body were in a Devil Trigger state, or his whole body would have semi-DT skin.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yeah. My guess is that Capcom cared more about 'innovating gameplay' than the actual story and what's possible and what's not.

I just can't make sense of the DB arm, and that's why the DB is the biggest problem. I mean, even if he were a quarter demon, why would he have ONLY A DEVIL'S ARM? It would be more logical if half of his body were in a Devil Trigger state.

Yeah. I think it's awesome how he cannot really DT like Dante can - it's something different and really DOES support the theory of him having even less of a demon's blood than Dante & Vergil have.

However, his arm is like it got fixed to be permanently in a DT state. If he was born with it, I'd still consider this kinda normal. Well not really normal, but easier to accept than his arm just changing forever at some point of his life because it could. If he could DT only part of his body, that would make sense as well. But no, they wanted the arm permanent (obviously only for gameplay reasons). Well to be honest, I kinda like the arm in gameplay - so in the regard Capcom succeeded. But storywise...it kinda lost the point.

They just said that he has Sparda blood (somehow) as if this answers everything..

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
It does seem as though Vergil's spirit is not only in the Yamato, but also in Nero's arm (that's possibly why the inner part of his DB arm is so damn blue).

Nero also summons Yamato with his DB arm, so that makes me believe Vergil's spirit is partly inside the DB.
The arm is Nero's own arm, though. So... I'm confused now.

I just know that Capcom screwed stuff up, so I'm not going to try to come to any conclusions anymore.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
In the early videos of DMC4 Nero's arm was gold. Nero's arm is most likely his own and the blue color of it is most likely to go along with Yamato's blue color.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Yeah. I think it's awesome how he cannot really DT like Dante can - it's something different and really DOES support the theory of him having even less of a demon's blood than Dante & Vergil have.

However, his arm is like it got fixed to be permanently in a DT state. If he was born with it, I'd still consider this kinda normal. Well not really normal, but easier to accept than his arm just changing forever at some point of his life because it could. If he could DT only part of his body, that would make sense as well. But no, they wanted the arm permanent (obviously only for gameplay reasons). Well to be honest, I kinda like the arm in gameplay - so in the regard Capcom succeeded. But storywise...it kinda lost the point.

They just said that he has Sparda blood (somehow) as if this answers everything..

Yes, I'm convinced that his arm is a partial and permanent DT. But why the arm... nobody knows.
We know he wasn't born with it, since he said ''from that day forth, my arm changed, and a voice echoed: Power. Give me more power!'' His arm became DT from then on, and he hid it in that sling he wore in the prologue.

Since he had white hair and extraordinary power all his life, it seems Capcom intended him to be of Sparda's bloodline from the start... also because there's no concept art of Nero with a different hair color.

Nero's colors make everything even more confusing, since red and blue makes you think he could be Sparda's third illegitimate son, but that isn't possible. If he's Vergil's son, then why is he red and blue?

Damn, Capcom. Just get that new DmC done, and I'll forget about all the other DMC games.

Top Bottom