• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero vs. Dante?

Nero or Dante?

• Nero

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Dante

Votes: 29 78.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

My goodness I leave this thread for a few minutes and look what happens! There's a Anti Nero group, I'm apparently a traitor (i voted for dante fyi) and such!

NotSoAwesomeFaise

s00per smexii style
Actually, the fight with Abigail was lame. -.- It only showed Dante's eye going all demonic. But yeah. It was pretty badassed. I enjoyed it. Even if it was only because there was a scene where Dante was soapy and shirtless. :wub:

^ They censor that!? But isn't it a word? XD Yeah, he did, though.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Don't worry Meg, I got nothing against Nero fans, as they shouldn't have anything against us Dante fans - every1 has their preferences. Yeah it seemed as if his DT had gone uber. Wasn't Abigail supposingly as strong as Mundus? If yes, it proves Dante has outmatched Sparda, what with killing Mundus strength demons with a flash of DT!!!

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I'm sorry, I can't like Nero. I really tried, but everytime I look at him all I see is a cliche 'everything to save the girl' kind of hero. No offense Nero fans.
There are a lot of reasons that made Devil May Cry series get famous, and dante's personality is one of them. That's why I'll always keep being a huge fan. Sure, capcom may have screwed dante's style over the years, but still he is my videogame hero.
Even not liking Nero, I can't wait to find out about his origins.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
order of coolness of major male charcters in dmc ( not counting sparda who hasen't actually appered in the series yet)
1. virgil (coolest villian in gaming history amd of course evil is always cooler)
2. dante( coolest hero in gaming history: unless they make virgil a good guy)
3. nero ( really cool but still totally outmatched by the sons of sparda)
( virgil is not an option in this poll so i voted for dante.)
i like the current version of dantes personalty the best. ( egotistical idiots as main charicters is a common feature of shonin manga and im glad its in video games somewhere)

Meg

darkslayer13;203050 said:
order of coolness of major male charcters in dmc ( not counting sparda who hasen't actually appered in the series yet)
1. virgil (coolest villian in gaming history amd of course evil is always cooler)
2. dante( coolest hero in gaming history: unless they make virgil a good guy)
3. nero ( really cool but still totally outmatched by the sons of sparda)
( virgil is not an option in this poll so i voted for dante.)
i like the current version of dantes personalty the best. ( egotistical idiots as main charicters is a common feature of shonin manga and im glad its in video games somewhere)

excuse me? gaming history? dante is the coolest period.

*sigh* i wish Sparda was here...
I don't have a point I just wanted to say that.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Why do I get that sense of dread that only overcomes you when you're overwhelmed? :(

I just can't believe the amount of Nero haters... It's sad, really. You don't like something new, so people hate it... You know, Dante bugs the crap out of me. He really does. I've said before that I hate Dante as he is now. He was awesome in DMC 1 and should've stayed that way, but now he's a stupid immature fool who's never EVER serious, even when he should be. Furthermore, his character's ability to be used as a protagonist has been nearly exhausted, and he's been demoted to what seems to be an errand boy just doing his job.

There. Let the wave of hate attack me. I will stand and fight, even if I'm alone. Valiance and effort are often rewarded with results, even though those results are often not the wanted outcome. Attack me, vile demons, and show me your true hatred, I'm not afraid!

Meg

DreadnoughtDT;203068 said:
Why do I get that sense of dread that only overcomes you when you're overwhelmed? :(

I just can't believe the amount of Nero haters... It's sad, really. You don't like something new, so people hate it... You know, Dante bugs the crap out of me. He really does. I've said before that I hate Dante as he is now. He was awesome in DMC 1 and should've stayed that way, but now he's a stupid immature fool who's never EVER serious, even when he should be. Furthermore, his character's ability to be used as a protagonist has been nearly exhausted, and he's been demoted to what seems to be an errand boy just doing his job.

There. Let the wave of hate attack me. I will stand and fight, even if I'm alone. Valiance and effort are often rewarded with results, even though those results are often not the wanted outcome. Attack me, vile demons, and show me your true hatred, I'm not afraid!

You should join the Nero Lovers group I just made. :lol:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
meg127;203072 said:
You should join the Nero Lovers group I just made. :lol:

I did. :D Glad to see there's more than one out there. Now I won't have to stand alone. Even though I would've if I had to.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I dont hate Nero because he is new character, I just hate his cliche'd personality. I like his gameplay, just the character himself is annoying.

And as I said before, I agree that capcom has screwed dante's personality through these years. But still, I think that the overall dante is the best and coolest character in gaming history. I wish some great director like Hideki Kamiya(back to the real master) or Hideo Kojima or even David Jaffe put their hands on the series, cause I'm sure they would do a better job.

NotSoAwesomeFaise

s00per smexii style
Crimson Devil;203075 said:
And as I said before, I agree that capcom has screwed dante's personality through these years. But still, I think that the overall dante is the best and coolest character in gaming history. I wish some great director like Hideki Kamiya(back to the real master) or Hideo Kojima or even David Jaffe put their hands on the series, cause I'm sure they would do a better job.

This. Because like I said, it was understandable in DMC3 for him to act like that, and even before the first DMC, but after, I would think that they would have made him more mature, because at the end of DMC3 he was supposed to be a bit more mature. Not the exact same way he was. But then again, it could all just be a mask -shrugs-

Also, I don't hate him [Nero] because he's new. I love how much he's willing to protect Kyrie, but he's just annoying. Here is how I see Nero:
Dante and Vergil decided to be nice to the fangirls and did yaoi-ish things, Vergil got MPREGnated, and they had Nero. He's really like the love child of the two. His humanity is Dante's side and his lust for power and to protect his loved one's is Vergil's side. It's just annoying. If I wanted a new character, I don't want a combination of two main characters, I want a WHOLE NEW character.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Vergil'sB*tch;203081 said:
I never thought that Nero could be that Yaoi love child of Dante and Vergil... :D

Me either......lol......!

Anyhoo I like Nero, I like Vergil, I Like Dante - I vote for the D man 'cuz.....well this thread answers everything so far....why am I posting?

Just showing some Dante love - I haven't been on here for a few days.

Anime Dante was toooooooo laid back - I mean would he really put up with Patty being uber annoying.....I guess she did clean for him, oh well nevermind.

o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom