• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero vs. Dante?

Nero or Dante?

• Nero

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Dante

Votes: 29 78.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Sorry if there is a thread like this.

So, who's better, in your HONEST opinion-Nero or Dante as a character?

I, for once, would like a new sequel with Nero. But, I have to say Dante.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, of course Dante's going to have an unfair advantage because he's a heartthrob and he's been around since the beginning. I'm gonna go with Nero, just because.

Also, if Nero had started as being the main protagonist instead of Dante, no matter how much you guys wouldn't admit it, Nero would've been more popular.

Meg

Wait...is this thread a "who would win in a fight", or "who do you like better?"

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Well not going just because his popular but also just going off DMC4 - Dante wins pure and simple, they tried to make it obvious Dante was stronger - taking everything Nero had and laughing it off, Nero: "You look as though you've been playing me from the beginning" Sanctus: "While NOT in Dante's league, you still presented a tougher fight than I anticipated" (or something like that) and even the producer said he wanted to show the power difference between a rookie and a veteran so it aint purely fanboy/girlism, it's facts. And yeah, Nero prob would be the favourite if it was him instead of Dante in the series, no doubt.

PS. Whoops, I replied as if this were a "who would win" deal LOL my bad

Meg

DreadnoughtDT;202966 said:
It's a "who do you like better" dealie...

Well in that case, dante still wins. it is close though. i like nero, but dante has been around longer so he had time to grow on me.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
SuperDante;202968 said:
Well not going just because his popular but also just going off DMC4 - Dante wins pure and simple, they tried to make it obvious Dante was stronger - taking everything Nero had and laughing it off, Nero: "You look as though you've been playing me from the beginning" Sanctus: "While NOT in Dante's league, you still presented a tougher fight than I anticipated" (or something like that) and even the producer said he wanted to show the power difference between a rookie and a veteran so it aint purely fanboy/girlism, it's facts. And yeah, Nero prob would be the favourite if it was him instead of Dante in the series, no doubt.

PS. Whoops, I replied as if this were a "who would win" deal LOL my bad

Well said!! :D And yeah, Nero would have been more popular if he was the protagonist for the series. But the point is, he's NOT, Dante IS.

NotSoAwesomeFaise

s00per smexii style
Vergil :cool:
But really, I picked Dante. I've been playing this series since I was 12, and I got DMC the first day it came out, so of course I'm gonna like Dante more. -shrugs- Personally, Nero can go and die in a fire for all I care. I just want Vergil back.

Meg

clairavance;202977 said:
Well said!! :D And yeah, Nero would have been more popular if he was the protagonist for the series. But the point is, he's NOT, Dante IS.

And there's a reason why Dante is the main character and not Nero :p

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
NotSoAwesomeFaise;202979 said:
Personally, Nero can go and die in a fire for all I care.

I was just telling VB that Nero will be severely flamed if he secured a major role in the series. The only character worthy and deserving of becoming a fellow prominent co-star is Vergil, for obvious reasons.

Meg

clairavance;202981 said:
I was just telling VB that Nero will be severely flamed if he secured a major role in the series. The only character worthy and deserving of becoming a fellow prominent co-star is Vergil, for obvious reasons.

I know I'm asking to get hit, but....personally I don't think Vergil should come back. *ducks* *looks around* phew. Anyway, I feel like Vergil played his role and there isn't much left for him to do. Feel free to prove me wrong. Now Nero on the other hand has lots of potential. I'd like to see more of him.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
meg127;202985 said:
I know I'm asking to get hit, but....personally I don't think Vergil should come back. *ducks* *looks around* phew. Anyway, I feel like Vergil played his role and there isn't much left for him to do. Feel free to prove me wrong. Now Nero on the other hand has lots of potential. I'd like to see more of him.

Did you vote for Nero? :dry: Traitor! LOL

I think I've had my fill of Nero. He was good in his own right, but I don't see how he can contribute anything more to the series. Unless Capcom uses Nero as a beacon to bring Vergil back, but even then, what point would Vergil serve (apart from pleasing his fangirls all over the globe)? Personally, I'd prefer them to just move on with the bloody story and show us what happened to change ****y carefree Dante into the mopy sod he was in DMC2.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Meg, I agree with you on the Vergil subject. I think of his character as a tragic. Dante has gone 1 way and Vergil went the other and he died leaving only 1 remaining son of Sparda. Also adds to Dante's character in my opinion, the fact that he had to kill his own brother. And yeah Nero has lots of story potential as does Dante but leaving Vergil gone is good in my opinion. (I'm gonna get slain by VergilsBitch now :D)

NotSoAwesomeFaise

s00per smexii style
meg127;202985 said:
*GASP!* But...but...D:! I don't think Vergil has played his role at all. I mean, c'mon, he's Dante's BROTHER for Christ's sake. Now, if that means he doesn't deserve a co-star role, then I don't know what does.

@Clairavance: You, me, and VB need to get together and Nero bash. For seriously.

NotSoAwesomeFaise

s00per smexii style
Vergil'sB*tch;202995 said:
Sorry, did someone say Vergil and Fangirl....
I wonder what did change Dante into a mopy sod?

You mean in DMC2? It's obvious. Vergil escaped Mallet, realized everything he's done, and tried to "become" Dante, so to speak, to make up for his mistakes. Or Dante finally had a breakdown, like I know he WILL have one day.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
NotSoAwesomeFaise;202994 said:
*GASP!* But...but...D:! I don't think Vergil has played his role at all. I mean, c'mon, he's Dante's BROTHER for Christ's sake. Now, if that means he doesn't deserve a co-star role, then I don't know what does.

@Clairavance: You, me, and VB need to get together and Nero bash. For seriously.

WHAT ABOUT ME YOU SNOB?!? LOL I prefer to think of his personality in DMC2 as a mistake - if done now he would be classic Dante.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom