• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero vs. Dante?

Nero or Dante?

• Nero

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Dante

Votes: 29 78.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I say more action on the matter.Let's e-mail it along with a note in the lines of : "Do you know what plot structure and character outline is Capcom?" or "This isn't Metal Gear Solid.A character with no background is doomed to fail.Fix it."

Sparda™

Devil Bane;215471 said:
I say more action on the matter.Let's e-mail it along with a note in the lines of : "Do you know what plot structure and character outline is Capcom?" or "This isn't Metal Gear Solid.A character with no background is doomed to fail.Fix it."

I will also add that without Dante, DMC4 would fail hard.

Sparda™

AzureNight13;215477 said:
^ Indeed it would :lol:

In the end, to me, Nero fails.

Seriously though... :lol:

To me, Dante's appearance in DMC4 was like...

'Hey Capcom! Although I hate for bringing a new protagonist, I do admire the effort. No backstory, no origins - just some kid who wants to be like my father and has my brother's sword.

I don't wanna see my game series getting ruined, so I'll make an appearance and get some gameplay.'

......:lol:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's just sad... Maybe them not revealing anything was intentional, what about that?

Nero DOES NOT deserve all the hate he has. He's a perfectly fine character, with a believable personality, and really the hate is only because people don't like to see Dante get a smaller role. It's just... Not right. I don't think that all the hate has credibility. Just because Dante took the backseat once doesn't mean Nero has to be killed off and never seen again.

Nero didn't ruin the series. He's letting it reach a new potential. Ruin is such a strong word, and would've played DMC4 even if Dante wasn't in it. Actually, I've said this elsewhere, but if DMC5 was Nero only, or a two-disk deal, I'd still play it. You aren't truly a fan of the series if you can't play a game because of one character being downplayed a bit and a new one being there. It doesn't make sense.

Let's say DMC5 is Nero only, and then DMC6 comes out and it's all Dante. Would you people skip 5 and go right to 6? If you said yes, then shame on you. That's just not right.

I had to get this all off of my chest. It's just plain STUPID that people can hate a VIDEO GAME character so much.

In closing, even if DMC5 is Nero only, I'll gladly play it. In fact, I'd probably enjoy it more since Dante's out of the picture for once. Maybe if Dante actually had his ass handed to him a couple times he'd grow up and be a bit more mature. I liked him in DMC2, against the popular opinion, because he wasn't an annoying-ass dick-head. Okay. Now I'm done, and let the flaming begin. I'm not afraid of anyone here. What're you going to do? Get Credo to ban me? For an opinion? Not likely.

Sparda™

From all that text wall, you think we don't like Nero because Dante was not the protagonist.

That's not reasoning.

I don't like Nero because he's severely flawed, and has no originality whatsoever, no backstory, no decent gameplay, nothing proper for him to like. His personality is fine and It's explainable 'cause he's still a kid, but to make a game having a new protagonist just thrown in the story without no mentioning in earlier games or maybe have him with a little demonstration in the storyline.

I'd play an all-Nero game If he'd have his own game AFTER explaining his true origins and other dark unrevealed aspect, Capcom-style obviously.

The poll shows what the majority thinks. I also have more important things to do rather than hate a videogame character or whatever fictional character for that matter.

Meg

I feel like this has happened before :huh:
i like nero and didn't mind him being 90% of the game I just wish there was more to him. DMC was confusing enough without a dante lookalike randomly popping up out of the blue. :wacko:

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
a few people on this thread need to realize. you don't need to trash one of the charicters to justify liking the other one more. dante and nero are both cool charicters. nero needs a little more work but that is because he hasn't been in 3 other games, a manga, two novels and an anime. and they had to make him pop out of nowhere otherwise they whould have had to make another game just to hint that nero might exist or just never make a new charcter. most new charcters pop up without warning and then are explained later. ( it is very hard to do it any other way)

personally i prefer dante. not due to issues with nero . but because dante has a lot of cool weapons and moves and i like his childish personality. ( some of you may be aware i made up a charcter that makes dante seem mature because i like that personallty type )

Meg

the fact that nero came out of nowhere wasn't the big thing with me. it was that the series took a very different direction without warning or explanation. i think the obvious answer to all of this is that me need a sequel. like now. and you can e-mail that to capcom

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
meg127;215520 said:
the fact that nero came out of nowhere wasn't the big thing with me. it was that the series took a very different direction without warning or explanation. i think the obvious answer to all of this is that me need a sequel. like now. and you can e-mail that to capcom

actually we may have to e-mail it to Ninja Theory.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i think nero is a brat that steals dante of his good skill and replaces it with his stupid comments...honestly the reason there are nero fans is cuz the devil arm...come on people we all know that

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I agree with what Sparda said. It's not actual hate for Nero, it's just a preference for Dante. Nero is good and all in his own way, but look, if you consider the facts about the Devil May Cry series up to DMC4 - it was all about Sparda, and all about how Dante has to fix the wrongs of the world. It's an action packed game saga. The only mushy parts came at the end of DMC1 when Dante was jabbing about settling down with Trish. Otherwise, the series is known for its kick-ass hack-and-slash gameplay and for its mysterious plots, which mostly revolves around family matters. No romance.
Then out of the blue, DMC4 hits us with all its intensely romantic gore. I mean, WTF? I've said this before, but I'll say it again, DMC4 plot is the boring 'save the damsel in distress' type. What makes the game laughable imo is the fact that Nero is a knight, and the Order of the Sword's uniform is...? WHITE. He's the WHITE KNIGHT on his quest to save the damsel in distress. I know the dialogue of the characters are cliched, but the entire DMC4 game is a cliche. It's ridiculous, if you compare it to the previous games.

Anyway. A bit OT: I doubt there will be a DMC5, considering Hideki is now an ex-employee and Capcom has the rights to DMC. I think Bayonetta was Hideki's version of where he wanted to take DMC.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i stick with what i say and nothing changes that unless someone offers me a free ps3 resistance 2 game and dmc4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom