• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero vs. Dante?

Nero or Dante?

• Nero

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Dante

Votes: 29 78.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSoAwesomeFaise

s00per smexii style
Vergil'sB*tch;203081 said:
I never thought that Nero could be that Yaoi love child of Dante and Vergil... :D

Nero is ttly an offspring of Devilcest, that's why Capcom didn't tell us his origins. It makes complete and total sense! :O Lulz. Don't you just love how my mind thinks?

@Ebony: I kind of saw Patty like the kid Dante never wanted him. I think she was there to teach him some responsibility, but he, obviously, never learned it. -.-

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Meg: I was joking when I called you a traitor. I know you voted for Dante ^_^ (but shame on you for creating a Nero Love group)

@NOtsoawesomefaise: I do LOVE how your mind works, rofl!

DreadnoughtDT;203068 said:
Why do I get that sense of dread that only overcomes you when you're overwhelmed? :(

I just can't believe the amount of Nero haters... It's sad, really. You don't like something new, so people hate it... You know, Dante bugs the crap out of me. He really does. I've said before that I hate Dante as he is now. He was awesome in DMC 1 and should've stayed that way, but now he's a stupid immature fool who's never EVER serious, even when he should be. Furthermore, his character's ability to be used as a protagonist has been nearly exhausted, and he's been demoted to what seems to be an errand boy just doing his job.

There. Let the wave of hate attack me. I will stand and fight, even if I'm alone. Valiance and effort are often rewarded with results, even though those results are often not the wanted outcome. Attack me, vile demons, and show me your true hatred, I'm not afraid!

Dread not Dreadnought! o_O bwahaha :D I had to say that, I can't help myself. Fun and games aside, are you ready to defend yourself? *whips out Rebellion, just incase* I'll chop off your freaky arm, so don't try it! :p

Reason why I hate Nero - I haven't played the previous games in the series, but DMC4 is a sappy fluff fest compared to the others. Don't get me wrong now, I really do love Kyrie and Nero's relationship but Nero playing the inexperienced hero to save his damsel in distress...it's been done before. It's meh. There should have been more focus on Dante, more emphasis on his history, like DMC1 and DMC3. Because, at the end of the day, Devil May Cry IS about Dante.

And if you really believe that his role has been exhausted, then it's only because of your hate for his character. Dante has loads of potential.

So does Nero, but really, who wants to see how he was moulded into the obvious softie he is? He was pretty much human up until he got attacked, and in DMC, human = boring (and more annoying than Dante himself). And what followup story can they have for his character? We got to know him as the rebel without a cause who ends up playing the hero to save the girl.

Typical romance gore. What are they going to do next, have Kyrie abducted by Dante so Nero goes awol? He only really got some drive into his character when she was taken hostage, just like Dante only really gets drive into his lazy arse when he gets a job involving some trace of his heritage. Which means that if they bring Nero back, they have to bring Kyrie back, and if they bring those two back, then they might as well bring Vergil back too and we'll have ourselves a party. Why Vergil? Well, we need some level of COOL to join forces with Dante and balance out Nero's uncoolness.;)

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Sadness. I find that a decent way to bring Nero into another game would be to bring Vergil back anyway. Actually link him to Sparda somehow. Don't say bring Vergil back to level out the uncoolness of Nero. Damn, look at how Dante started. He didn't seem like a mega-hero in DMC1.

When we first met Dante, he was a cliche hero, despite his perfect amount of smart assness. Look at him in DMC1. He lost his family to evil, and now he takes the opportunity to basically get revenge on big daddy demon, who wants to take over the world. There are plenty of stories like that.

It's the same way with Nero. Quest to rescue the cheese of love, and save the city from an evil-ruler. Grant it, while Dante had a little more revealed about him in DMC1...it would be rather difficult to do that with Nero...seeing as how he doesn't know **** about his past...cue in next game. There's plenty they can do with Nero, other than let him save Kyrie. Send him on some quest to learn about his arm, or his origins, or hell! Go with my fan fic and do something crazy like that for a game.

I'm with DreadnoughtDT on this...although I don't find Dante the least bit annoying, but rather amusing. If I could get away with it, I'd always act like Dante! But being who I am...acting like him would get my ass kicked XD

Nero on the other hand...has a personality that's actually easy to relate to, because no matter how cliche it is...everyone goes through what he goes through to some degree. Even if there are no demons or motorcycle swords.

What am I doing though? Attempts at protecting Nero are feeble. Everything that appears in these arguments is just repeated over and over...and more people will always dislike Nero rather than like him. XD He's the new guy with a soft spot.

Yay...papaya.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ I don't need to say any more. BD has explained it perfectly. If you guys wanna keep repeating arguments, that's fine. As for me, my points have been stated.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Side note : For those who like the whole inexperienced hero,trying to save girls and friends evolving into a badass,try the Ys series.A classic and also a greatgame series.

And just to know,I don't hate Nero.I hate the supporting idea of him being Vergil's son for no apparent reason.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I don't think he's Vergil's son. That scenario is stupid to an extreme. I think he's another Spardaling.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I don't think so too,but that doesn't mean things can't be that way.Kobayashi is one of those rare example of people who like to troll on the fanbase.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I thought this was a discussion open for anyone to state their preference? I just luv it when fanboys have hissy fits. <_<

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
LOL oh Clairavance, you crack me up... in a good way :D I will readily admitt I am a FULL ON Dante fanboy btw but I don't bash Nero all too much, I just talk Dante up constantly. I will state why I think Dante is miles above Nero and leave it at that - although when I see someone bash Dante & talk up Nero I get a little angry, I hold myself back from typing back at it... like you said, everyone has their opinion and I'm cool with it... as a matter of fact I think it is great that everyone on here feels so strongly for their fav character whether it be Dante or Nero coz unlike most other forums, things here don't get out of hand, we just b1tch at each other and get over it :D

Btw... Dante FTW :p :p :p

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
SuperDante;203166 said:
as a matter of fact I think it is great that everyone on here feels so strongly for their fav character whether it be Dante or Nero.

Btw... Dante FTW :p :p :p

Yeah, me too! If Nero had no support whatsoever, I'd feel sorry enough for him to become a Nero supporter. Luckily, we've got DT as the ultimate Nero-fanboy leader, so I can over-indulge in Dante's glory instead ^_^

Dante FTW!! *pumps fists in the air* :D

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
*Someone opens a new Dante vs Nero thread - says it is strange that there have been plenty of Dante lovers outvoting Nero lovers - SuperDante stands up and speaks "Strange And Ironic That It Will End The Same Way!"*

Lol don't ask

^*My attempts at being funny backfiring and making me look stupid*

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't know, that actually made me laugh quite a bit, SD. :D

You guys... I'm sorry for getting so hot under the collar yesterday. I was in a lot of pain because of my STUPID BRACES... Dante, although he could stop acting like he did in DMC 4 and start acting like he did in DMC 1 again, is not that bad of a character, and I'll agree that he has much more potential than just being there for the sake of being there. I just wish he wouldn't grate on my nerves so much. He annoys the crap out of me because he acts like a little kid in what should be a serious situation. Maybe that's why you guys like him, but I find that EXTREMELY ridiculous.

I like Nero because he's something fresh for the series, and proves that Capcom is willing to do new things, even if it ends in an uproar.

The way I see it, DMC 4 was just an intro game to Nero, and he'll probably play a much bigger role alongside Dante in DMC 5. And for god's sake, they BETTER do the two discs dealie like DMC 2, or I'm gonna throw a hissy fit.

Rant over. :p

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chachacha I'm no longer going to post in these warzone-threads.
I think it's all pretty much been said and done now.

I love them both. Dante is cool. Nero is cool. I'm just trying to shine the light of Nero on others. And like Clairavance said...it's a thread to state preference, not to destroy everyone else's opinion XD...so I'ma stop now :p

Meg

clairavance;203121 said:
@Meg: I was joking when I called you a traitor. I know you voted for Dante ^_^ (but shame on you for creating a Nero Love group)

oh i know you were just kidding. i made the nero lovers group because a nero haters group was made.:p

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Ebony;203085 said:
Anime Dante was toooooooo laid back - I mean would he really put up with Patty being uber annoying.....I guess she did clean for him, oh well nevermind.

o_O

what could dante do. deamons he can kill. little girls he can do nothing about. the ability to defeat even mundus dosn't save him from annoying kids. and dante is a nice person he isn't going to be mean to a little girl i mean come on, not even virgil whould have been mean to her.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer13;203260 said:
what could dante do. deamons he can kill. little girls he can do nothing about. the ability to defeat even mundus dosn't save him from annoying kids. and dante is a nice person he isn't going to be mean to a little girl i mean come on, not even virgil whould have been mean to her.

I dunno about that :huh: Vergil might have stuffed Patty in the closet to keep her quiet, or he would have barricaded the door with evil magic spells so only Patty couldn't come into the office after her little redecorating mission.

Anyway, I don't think Patty annoyed Dante at all. I think he secretly liked the company, liked knowing that 'ugh, damn, tomorrow she's going to be back here riding my tail'. I mean, apart from Morrison whom he sees regularly, he's pretty much all by himself. He's got to get lonely, right? Besides, I thought Dante acted a lot more like a twelve year old than Patty did, for example this scene:

Dante: You'll see, tomorrow it will all be magically cleaned up.
Patty: That's because I clean it up!
Dante: If you wanna look at it that way.
Episode 11.

Can you get any more kiddish? Sorry, I'm taking the thread off topic with this.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
In saying that I kinda feel sorry for Dante all by himself. Trish ditches him and everything, the only time Lady is around, she gives him crap - the guy can't catch a break. Lucky for him his uber powerful so on the odd occasion he can take down a Devil King and such :D

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Like Vergy, i would have done exactly the same with Patty. I thought that brat was extremely annoying.

I never knew what FTW meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom