• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero and Sparda

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
This disscution has been maded for disscusin,the relation of Nero and Sparda not to be fighting about whos is Lady his antecesors.And if dante is american our european.

Also stop the fighting it makes someone mad to see a good starting thread to become a fight of words

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
The only thing that the whole Nero situation should have been is that Nero is Dante's son. It's simple, it's obvious, it's closest to home, it makes the most sense as Dante likes his women and is so carefree (unlike Vergil and Sparda). Plus he even makes a reference/joke about a future son in the first game.

Make Dante a bit older and bam there is your next protagonist. Maybe thats just me but I don't think any of these possible outcomes make a lot of sense. Hats off to Capcom if they ever manage to make sense of this blob of confusion that is now Nero.

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;195102 said:
The only thing that the whole Nero situation should have been is that Nero is Dante's son. It's simple, it's obvious, it's closest to home, it makes the most sense as Dante likes his women and is so carefree (unlike Vergil and Sparda). Plus he even makes a reference/joke about a future son in the first game.

Make Dante a bit older and bam there is your next protagonist. Maybe thats just me but I don't think any of these possible outcomes make a lot of sense. Hats off to Capcom if they ever manage to make sense of this blob of confusion that is now Nero.

Meh, that would be out of character for Dante, which is the type of character that would never settle down to create a family.

While Nero, seems the only one who'd continue Sparda's bloodline.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;195107 said:
And why is that?

Because It is super generic?!

Making him European would have made him look much cooler. Plus, the original concept for Dante was of someone with a witty attitude, a non-smoker, and showy - all characteristics of the European kind.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;195108 said:
Because It is super generic?!

Making him European would have made him look much cooler. Plus, the original concept for Dante was of someone with a witty attitude, a non-smoker, and showy - all characteristics of the European kind.

You sound pretty bias towards the western part of the world. Characteristics of the European kinda, says who? And how would him being European make him look cooler then being American not that I'm saying one is better then the other? Dante has an American character. The way he dresses, his favorite foods, his choice of music, the way he talks.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I dunno why but i love Dante's cowboy look.

I know you're having a discussion, but something has been... 'bothering' me... it is about Nero.

Has anyone ever notice that Nero wears a ring on what would be the wedding finger. It has the Sparda cult symbol on it. It there any reason why Nero would be wearing a ring on that finger? I just wondered. Because, he isn't married... obviously.
Thanks

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I wondered about that as well. My theory is that it's symbolic of his 'commitment' to the Order. It's the only thing that makes sense to me, because like you said VB, he's not married or anything.

Zato-OW

King
I think its just for show. You can tell Kobayashi was influenced in Nero's design because Kobayashi dresses very similar to Nero. He wears the same wrist bands and rings on his finger with a hoodie jacket and his sleeves rolled up. In most of the video interviews he was dressed like that.

Darth Angelo

Sparda™;195103 said:
Meh, that would be out of character for Dante, which is the type of character that would never settle down to create a family.

While Nero, seems the only one who'd continue Sparda's bloodline.

I meant like a one night doesn't know Nero exists sort of thing. Similar to how Lars was with Heihachi in Tekken 6.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Zato-OW;195111 said:
You sound pretty bias towards the western part of the world. Characteristics of the European kinda, says who? And how would him being European make him look cooler then being American not that I'm saying one is better then the other? Dante has an American character. The way he dresses, his favorite foods, his choice of music, the way he talks.

Sparda himself is European...the poster, not the character. He's highly biased toward his own region because of that, and apparently likes to forget, as I've told him, where us Americans got a lot of our own culture and such to start with. I fall to see how "witty, non-smoker, and showy" are all "European traits". Those are generic family fun ACTION hero traits, of the nature that the US media started.

On subject. Yeah, it would have been amusingly foreshadowed by DMC1 if Nero was Dante's kid, and while he's carefree, that doesn't mean he wouldn't someday start a family to continue the line. He's not immortal, just real friggin' hard to kill. But, the developers said he's not directly related to the twins, he's confirmed a descendant, so...all "son of!" theories got blown out of the water already.

Railazel

Can someone please direct me to where Capcom said that Nero is Sparda's descendant, because I remember Capcom saying that he has the blood of Sparda and that's it.

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;195117 said:
I meant like a one night doesn't know Nero exists sort of thing. Similar to how Lars was with Heihachi in Tekken 6.

Then you have an age conflict, in which Dante should have been 8 or something when Nero would have been born.

While Heihachi's case is different. He's 74, his sons are at 49, so it makes sense.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Nero only has the blood of sparda, he is nothing to do with the twins.

Is it possible that, if Sparda died... he could've died of old age?
(Its just something that i have been thinking about)
Perhaps being in the human world and having is power sealed away took it's toll on him?

Darth Angelo

Sparda™;195208 said:
Then you have an age conflict, in which Dante should have been 8 or something when Nero would have been born.

While Heihachi's case is different. He's 74, his sons are at 49, so it makes sense.

I know I meant while DMC4 was still being thought over.

darth_angelo45;195102 said:
Make Dante a bit older and bam there is your next protagonist.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Railazel;195206 said:
Can someone please direct me to where Capcom said that Nero is Sparda's descendant, because I remember Capcom saying that he has the blood of Sparda and that's it.

Having the Blood of Sparda means he's descended from Sparda, and it's said in-game that Nero is a descendant of Sparda. He's just not related directly to either Dante or Vergil. That means his lineage is from another previous child, hence why his power is "lessened" and taking longer to develop.

On the matter of how Sparda died...It's been heavily implied he was killed, since having lived for 2k plus years, dying of old age is hardly a problem for him.

Railazel

Dante Redgrave;195243 said:
Having the Blood of Sparda means he's descended from Sparda, and it's said in-game that Nero is a descendant of Sparda. He's just not related directly to either Dante or Vergil. That means his lineage is from another previous child, hence why his power is "lessened" and taking longer to develop.

On the matter of how Sparda died...It's been heavily implied he was killed, since having lived for 2k plus years, dying of old age is hardly a problem for him.

A person can have the blood of someone and not be directly related to someone are two contradicting things. In Nero's case, if he has the blood of Sparda, he is directly related to Dante and Vergil (they are probably his half-uncles or something). But if he is not directly related to them, that means that he is whether the descendant of another relative of Sparda or the Order did something to him. I'm guessing its the latter.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Okay, let's put it in Layman's terms. He IS a descendant of Sparda, the game SAYS so. He would not be able to use Yamato otherwise. Having a blood transfusion does NOT imbue him that power or make him a member of the blood of Sparda. You just keep wanting to insist he's just some normal human, when it's made clear he's never been a normal human.

He is most likely descended from some other previous child of Sparda, which considering the number of generations involved, YES, would make him not DIRECTLY related to the twins. Why? Directly related would mean either the child to one of them, or being their sibling or direct cousin. If anything, they are extremely distant uncles, several generations removed. Thus, he IS a descendant of Sparda, and he's not immediate family to the Twins.

Do you know nothing of genetics and basic geneology?

Top Bottom