• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero and Sparda

Sparda™

Alright...

I'll sum my thoughts up, all based in facts shown in-game about why Nero and Sparda are so much alike in several points, explained thoroughly.

1- After watching all the cut-scenes carefully, I noticed Nero's actions with the gates. He simply defeated the demons, sealing the gates, not killing them or destroying the gates like Dante did. Sparda did the same, sealing them instead of killing the demons...

2- It is said at the Library when explaining about Nero, that despite him being a lone wolf as a Knight of the Order, he has earned the respect of everyone with his reputation. Sparda was also famous among the other Knights of Mundus' army...

3- The nature, persona, characteristics and personality traits of Nero are a major hint at Sparda - rebellious against the Order like Sparda was with his kind, in love just like Sparda was with Eva, a human female, the colors of blue and red along his costumes, a reference to the purple clothes of Sparda and also the colors of his weapons - Red for the sword and Blue for the handgun...

4- Also, the fact Yamato reacts to Nero's Devil Bringer, much alike what Credo says to Dante and Trish before dying - that Sparda used Yamato to seal the True Hell Gate in Fortuna, 2000 years ago...

5- It has been said over and over of how Nero is more a human with a demonic hand, being 1/4 human, half-breed... But none has really thought of the possibility of him being a full demon. Sparda's complex anyone?

Well, let's discuss now, shall we?

S-2993

S-2993
In the cut scenes with the gates, didn't the demons run back through because they were scared of being defeated? Like with enchidna, Nero grabbed her tail but she got away...

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
1. I believe this was solely due to convenience and lazyness. If Dante was not a playable character Nero probably would have destroyed the gates and killed them all. Instead Capcom decided to leave them for a second round with Dante. I also recall Nero killing Bael and attempting to prevent Echidna from returning to the gate "don't even THINK about it!" he wanted to finish the job. I guess you could say that not destroying the gates could be down to his youth and lack of common sense. Plus destroying the gates was not really at the top of his priority list, he had somwhere to be he couldn't hang around. But like I said I think the real and only reason was Dante.

2. Good point

3. I always thought the main reason for his being pretty much a mesh of Sparda, Dante and Vergil was because Capcom wanted to play it safe. They didn't want an MGS2 Raiden on their hands. Make someone who everyone can be comfortable with. Someone who feels familiar with the fans. But who knows maybe there was indeed more too it than that. The white hair does seem a bit TOO Sparda.

4. This one has always stumped me, there really seems to be no other way of explaining it other than saying that either Nero or something within the arm is somehow connected to Sparda or Vergil. Which is a shame as I liked Nero more as someone who is not connected to the Sparda bloodline.

5. I think the question here is "why just his arm?" it seems strange how it just seems to stop at his elbow/shoulder.

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;193308 said:
1. I believe this was solely due to convenience and lazyness. If Dante was not a playable character Nero probably would have destroyed the gates and killed them all. Instead Capcom decided to leave them for a second round with Dante. I also recall Nero killing Bael and attempting to prevent Echidna from returning to the gate "don't even THINK about it!" he wanted to finish the job. I guess you could say that not destroying the gates could be down to his youth and lack of common sense. Plus destroying the gates was not really at the top of his priority list, he had somwhere to be he couldn't hang around. But like I said I think the real and only reason was Dante.

Capcom really failed with Devil May Cry 4. The bosses became way repetitive, as I recall some of them are battled three times within a game run - twice with Nero and once with Dante.

I'd like to stop by at your points. Dante was rushing too but he destroyed the Hell Gates - OK, he used the Devil Arms that powered them, but Nero's brute force with his arm would have smashed those pieces of stone into pieces. That's the way I see It, at least.

And also this made me think about Sparda - he just sealed the gates. Why would someone leave these gates usable, although sealed. Was he overconfident on humans or something?

2. Good point

Thanks.

3. I always thought the main reason for his being pretty much a mesh of Sparda, Dante and Vergil was because Capcom wanted to play it safe. They didn't want an MGS2 Raiden on their hands. Make someone who everyone can be comfortable with. Someone who feels familiar with the fans. But who knows maybe there was indeed more too it than that. The white hair does seem a bit TOO Sparda.

Yeah, I understand you perfectly, that's why they made someone who looked like the twins and their father.

4. This one has always stumped me, there really seems to be no other way of explaining it other than saying that either Nero or something within the arm is somehow connected to Sparda or Vergil. Which is a shame as I liked Nero more as someone who is not connected to
the Sparda bloodline.

If Capcom would have put someone with no relation at all at Sparda, they should have started with another hair color for the new hero. His appearance strongly hints at Sparda's bloodline - clothes, weapons, hair, eyes, skin tone.

5. I think the question here is "why just his arm?" it seems strange how it just seems to stop at his elbow/shoulder.

Well, one day before the Festival of the Sword, Nero and Kyrie were attacked at the Mitis Forest by Assaults, and one of them scratched the arm which became the Devil Bringer. We can clearly see that Nero learns new abilities with his arm in the course of the events of the game, which would mean the Devil Bringer had just began to spread on his arm. Maybe It will consume him in the future?!

Zato-OW

King
I think it said in the DMC4 Book that the Hell Gates where cultural artifacts of Fortuna and were built as a remembrance of what Sparda did to save them.(which there was only one real one and the others were fake so they hid them at various parts of the island.) So Nero probably thought he would have gotten into a lot of trouble if he destroyed one, with him not knowing it was a fake.

Darth Angelo

Sparda™;193311 said:
Well, one day before the Festival of the Sword, Nero and Kyrie were attacked at the Mitis Forest by Assaults, and one of them scratched the arm which became the Devil Bringer. We can clearly see that Nero learns new abilities with his arm in the course of the events of the game, which would mean the Devil Bringer had just began to spread on his arm. Maybe It will consume him in the future?!

Yeah I made a video about it a few months ago. (mainly just to ruffle a few feathers to be perfectly honest) but hey it worked :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2YP_JTu1B4

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
^lol ur theories and link ups are intresting...maybe well find out in dmc5, but who knows...best we can do is guess...

Sparda™

Vergil'sB*tch;193315 said:
So... what you're saying Sparda, is that Nero is more like Sparda than Vergil.

What I'm trying to say is that Nero has Sparda all written over him.

Him being Vergil's son is just a fanfic, labeled AS the DMC4 novel.

Dante Redgrave in another thread pointed out very well this point.

Zato-OW;193312 said:
I think it said in the DMC4 Book that the Hell Gates where cultural artifacts of Fortuna and were built as a remembrance of what Sparda did to save them.(which there was only one real one and the others were fake so they hid them at various parts of the island.) So Nero probably thought he would have gotten into a lot of trouble if he destroyed one, with him not knowing it was a fake.

I don't think so.

Nero learned about the true origin of the gates after encountering Agnus - when he gained his DT ability. That's why he tried to finish off Echidna after, which he did not have time to deal with as he was in his way to HQ.

Plus, Nero is a Knight of the Order, exterminator of demons. The only thing that prevented the destruction of the Hell Gates BY NERO, was the course of events.

Zato-OW

King
How is the Novel labeled as fanfic from one persons opinion of what he thinks? People are not paying attention to what the novel is claiming. Sanctus is the only one who said Nero was the son of Vergil by an assumption as with the prostitute. Dante shows up and says Nero reminded him of Vergil, then at the end of the book Dante claims he doesn't know nor cares who Nero is. There were no final say so's in the novel. Most of this stuff was meant to be in the game as he claims that most incidents were cut-scenes taking out of the game(for obvious reasons.)If I could recall, the white knights were created by using fragments of Nelo Angelo's armor. Nelo Angelo was created by using Vergil's soul with some of Mudnus's power of course. So basically Agnus used pieces of Vergil's soul to create the knights which explains why he probably shown up in Nero's dream as he was dying(probably able to do so because of the connection in blood). See how easily that could be turned around? He could very well be the son of Sparda. I think the novel claims that Dante felt a familiar presence when facing a white knight but he knew it wasn't him. I have to re read it.

Now I'm not gonna lie, Nero's blue rose and red queen does have the same designs carved into them that Vergil had on his jacket which is suspect. Then he shares Vergil's quotes from DMC3, which is suspect. Then he is connected with Yamato and resurrected it, which is suspect. I'm not saying he is his son but it doesn't look good from my stand point.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;193328 said:
Now I'm not gonna lie, Nero's blue rose and red queen does have the same designs carved into them that Vergil had on his jacket which is suspect. Then he shares Vergil's quotes from DMC3, which is suspect. Then he is connected with Yamato and resurrected it, which is suspect. I'm not saying he is his son but it doesn't look good from my stand point.

He also shares Dante's DMC3 arrogance and trash-talking. Also Sparda carried Yamato before Vergil was even thought of existing.

Vergil is put there to confuse us.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;193330 said:
He also shares Dante's DMC3 arrogance and trash-talking. Also Sparda carried Yamato before Vergil was even thought of existing.

Vergil is put there to confuse us.

I'm pretty sure Nero was most likely meant to be the son of Vergil when the story was first written. If they decide to stick with it is up to them. Yamato was a gift to Vergil as the Rebellion to Dante. Both of their DT's were awakened by their own swords. They are bonded to them. I can easily play both sides, I guess because its just simple thinking.

Sparda™

Well, all I'm discussing here is not how they concepted the game to be like. All I'm saying is from what I see from the game and the other media.

Does that mean Nero's DT will remain a hovering ghost?

Zato-OW

King
I don't think Nero will ever have a DT like Dante's. The reason why is because they are trying to make a new character with a fresh style of game play and the DB does that. Giving him a full flesh DT and removing the spirit from his back will make him similar to Dante and Vergil. Story wise, his arm is already in a DT state and it stopped growing. With that being said, I think his DT will remain as the blue spirit.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;193333 said:
I don't think Nero will ever have a DT like Dante's. The reason why is because they are trying to make a new character with a fresh style of game play and the DB does that. Giving him a full flesh DT and removing the spirit from his back will make him similar to Dante and Vergil. Story wise, his arm is already in a DT state and it stopped growing. With that being said, I think his DT will remain as the blue spirit.

Yep, was thinking that too - making him a full flesh demon while in DT, would make him like Dante/Vergil.

In a kind of way, it sucks he'll always retain that ghost.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
NO, the whole Ghost Avatar of his Soul is likely a mid-point for him. Capcom actually did intend to give Nero a full Devil Trigger, it's in the art book, and considering that the Devil bringer does reach up to his shoulder, not just his elbow, I think it's safe to say it's probably gonn'a keep growing on some regard. Nero does have Sparda reborn written all over him, and as a note, look REALLY carefully at the open part on the top of his hand; it's glowing lilac, a shade of purple, and his coat is actually a blue-purple blend of color. So he's not just in the colors of the twins; he's in all three colors.

The subject of Vergil, yes. Not even Vergil would probably have been able to heal a broken Yamato like that on sheer willpower. And as I've noted in the past, it always has a purple aura in Nero's hands, not blue. It's a hint. His story is idneed a mirror of Sparda's own, for the same reasons; the love of a human woman. I came to this conclusion back when the original 06 teaser was all we had.

A full blown DT form wouldn't necessarily make Nero just like the twins, so long as he had his own abilities and traits. As it is, the Devil Arm he's using could influence the DT form, just like Dante.

Zato-OW

King
The art book is just concept art. That isn't proof of them intending for Nero to have a full flesh DT. I guess in the future he may have one if the series survives that long. The art book is just showing concept of the DT and what different ideas they had for it. The spirit on Nero's back being Nero's spirit isn't cannon since you claim the DMC4 Novel is only fanfic:lol:.

Every DMC game has followed something that Sparda has done, this one was no exception. Though Nero took the one role of Sparda that hasn't been done by Dante and that's falling for a human. Dante just fought and defeated the same demons that Sparda has and Vergil...failed.

Darth Angelo

Dante Redgrave;193704 said:
Capcom actually did intend to give Nero a full Devil Trigger, it's in the art book, and considering that the Devil bringer does reach up to his shoulder, not just his elbow, I think it's safe to say it's probably gonn'a keep growing on some regard..

The only time I ever recall seeing Nero's arm past the elbow was when I saw a picture a fan drew of it. If you have seen something that I have not I would greatly appreciate seeing it because as far as I know (especially during the game) we never see his arm past the elbow.

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;193855 said:
The only time I ever recall seeing Nero's arm past the elbow was when I saw a picture a fan drew of it. If you have seen something that I have not I would greatly appreciate seeing it because as far as I know (especially during the game) we never see his arm past the elbow.

Because he was wounded at his right shoulder and then from that wound his arm grew like that.

Top Bottom