• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Survive

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Konami will screw this up somehow cause they haven't made anything good that Kojima wasn't a part of.

However, I really like MGS5, it's the best gameplay in the series so getting a new open world to play around in sounds like fun, but this is definitely not a day one buy.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The trailer was lukewarm even thought the enemy design was interesting.

I think MGS is defined by Kojima the same way Bioshock is defined by Ken Levine so it was gonna be hard someone new to step in and take the reigns.

The whole alternate dimension angle feels wierd but MGS has played with that idea before with Acid, ghost babel and mgs2 substance : Snake tales.

I rather just have a MGR2 and my dance card is full btw Ff15, Mafia 3 (maybe) and dishonored 2 (maybe) so I'm gonna sit this one out.

Last edited:

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I made a video on my thoughts for this game. I'll just post the gist of it here.
I have two issues with this game.
1: Of all of the spin-offs that they could have gone with, why did they choose one about a random MSF schmuck. As opposed to a game about The Boss and The Cobra Unit, or a game about Revolver Ocelot, or on about Grey Fox, or Rising 2
2: This game doesn't really look like it will use very much from the Metal Gear Universe aside from the MGO avatar and Mother base being dropped in the middle of the map. The dude seiously got sucked into another world So, why not just make it a new Ip? If they wanted to make a co-op zombie game then why attach it to the metal gear series at all?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So, why not just make it a new Ip? If they wanted to make a co-op zombie game then why attach it to the metal gear series at all?
It's actually pretty simple. They attached the Metal Gear name to it so it would have more exposure. If it didn't have that, it would fly under the radar and be forgotten like the 1000 other co op zombie survival games out there.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I think a law we didn't know about was passed where every gaming franchise must now have a zombie mode.

I mean I didn't think it could get any worse with that Tomb Raider reboot, now we have Lara vs Zombies?

I'm calling it now! Next Batman Arkham game is Batman vs a zombie Joker!!

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
It's actually pretty simple. They attached the Metal Gear name to it so it would have more exposure. If it didn't have that, it would fly under the radar and be forgotten like the 1000 other co op zombie survival games out there.
Yeah, I figured as much, but that just seems kind of cheap. As opposed to doing something with the game that would actually set it apart from the metric 8 million zombie co-op games.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah, I figured as much, but that just seems kind of cheap. As opposed to doing something with the game that would actually set it apart from the metric 8 million zombie co-op games.

As if this kinda stuff doesn't happen all the time, man. And not just in the gaming industry.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
"How can Metal Gear Survive win us over"? It can't. I'm not buying that garbage. I bought MGSV used so Konami didn't get a single damn penny from me.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
The gameplay of Phantom Pain was incredibly good so Konami could just copy-paste the MGSV gameplay and be done with it. To be honest a survival game with MGSV gameplay doesn't sound half bad to me.

Story-wise though... Random wormhole sucks soldiers into a zombie infested world? Previous Metal Gears did have supernatural elements, but Kojima always did it with enough nuance to not make it feel out of place. I doubt that Konami can do the same without Kojima.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The gameplay of Phantom Pain was incredibly good so Konami could just copy-paste the MGSV gameplay and be done with it. To be honest a survival game with MGSV gameplay doesn't sound half bad to me.

Story-wise though... Random wormhole sucks soldiers into a zombie infested world? Previous Metal Gears did have supernatural elements, but Kojima always did it with enough nuance to not make it feel out of place. I doubt that Konami can do the same without Kojima.

I bet their excuse for the black crystal zombies is "Nanomachines, son".

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Been an mg fan since the early 90's on nes, and i am annoyed as hell at this abomination.The only way i would try it is if it was a free psn plus or gold game.Otherwise i will never play it.

Top Bottom