• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Survive

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I can't stop laughing about it. Metal Gear "returns" as 4 player coop zombie shooter. I think Konami should finally give up and die horrible death.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't get Konami. They're a bunch of tyrants and go off on how they make their capital from sources other than gaming and yet they keep making games. I seriously get the impression that they have no interest in the media and yet here they are, still not getting what the audience wants and why.

11uamq9.png

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@berto They just made quick research on what sells good. Multiplayer, zombies. So they just mashed them and doing quick cash grab.

Viper

Premium
If you hear some very loud sound, that's just me facepalming. Oh god, I knew they would take MG into bad direction, but this bad?
They took stuff that they know will automatically attract audience and just mashed it all together. Excusable for a small company that is only making a name for itself, but Konami could afford original idea if they wanted to.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium

When I saw the bit about "Some members are left Stranded", I could almost feel Konami winking at the idea of "Death Stranding".

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
It will not be a full priced game same way Ground Zeroes was not a full priced game.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
It will not be a full priced game same way Ground Zeroes was not a full priced game.
I wouldn't be surprised if the executes behind this game were the same ones who pushed Kojima to release Ground Zeroes as a separate product from Phantom Pain.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Most likely: game is bunch of ripped off areas from MGSV mashed together with MP mechanics slapped atop of it.

Teal

Yeah, I mean normally it took Kojima more than 12 months to make a worthwhile Metal Gear game. Heck, Phantom Pain was supposed to be in development even more, but Konami wanted to shove the game in while the hype was still fresh. What we got was...a decent game, but that could have been a work of art.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It almost seems fitting that they turn Metal Gear in to a zombie game, because it represents just what the franchise under Konami alone will become; a walking corpse.

#****Konami

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Well, it's not like there's much story left to tell for the main story. Just finish Big Bosses story, remake Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, maybe remaster Metal Gear Solid, Then just leave the series alone for 15 years. Boom, MGS stays an okay serious with potential for a decent revival

Viper

Premium
Well, it's not like there's much story left to tell for the main story. Just finish Big Bosses story, remake Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, maybe remaster Metal Gear Solid, Then just leave the series alone for 15 years. Boom, MGS stays an okay serious with potential for a decent revival
Shhh, don't give them ideas.

Eh, there ain't really anything left to say about big Boss, except maybe how either him or his double managed to make peace with Zero long enough to create Foxhound.
I used to approve the idea of remake, but then I started thinking... MG and MG2 could potentially lose that 80s action movie feel in favor of modern theatrical style, or worse now that I've seen MG Survive. A lot of people will not get it, but those two games as they were is what made them great.
Same thing for MGS, no way they will just change the graphics for this game, especially now that Kojima is out and Konami has strange ideas how to earn money.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Shhh, don't give them ideas.

Eh, there ain't really anything left to say about big Boss, except maybe how either him or his double managed to make peace with Zero long enough to create Foxhound.
I used to approve the idea of remake, but then I started thinking... MG and MG2 could potentially lose that 80s action movie feel in favor of modern theatrical style, or worse now that I've seen MG Survive. A lot of people will not get it, but those two games as they were is what made them great.
Same thing for MGS, no way they will just change the graphics for this game, especially now that Kojima is out and Konami has strange ideas how to earn money.
Some fair points you got there. Yeah, we're probably never going to recapture the 80's magic of MG and MG2, nor should we try. I favor the idea that a MG/MG2 remake would serve better as a conclusion to the whole story, wrapping up Big Boss and letting everything come full circle. Plus, we've been playing Big Boss for, what, 3 and a half games now? He's been getting progressively more evil throughout (albeit an understandable, even justifiable evil). I really like the idea of pitting 2 of the series most vital characters with opposing morals and motives against one another in one final battle. Someone we miss and someone we sympathize with in one final deadlock.... and maybe have MG's plot twist make more sense with the added context

Teal

Metal Gear canon is the most milkable in videogame history. You have all these potentially interesting untold stories like The Boss' shenanigans that made her a legend among soldiers, Gray Fox's transformation into..well, Gray Fox, the time gap between the first and second Metal Gear Solid games and the creation of Philantropy et cetera. But Konami would pull off such feats with the grace of an intoxicated cat, so if there's anything positive I can say about Metal Gear Survive, it's that I'm glad it doesn't try and tamper with the canon.

Since I wasn't that content with The Phantom Pain, I'd like to see a Metal Gear game in the style of 007 Legends. I know, I know, terrible game, but I liked the concept. Basically, it could be a linear, emotional experience, similar to The Last of Us, where we get to see all the lost years in the canon. We could incorporate a crapload of separate stories where we take charge of different characters, from The Boss to Gray Fox to EVA all the way to the newer generation - Solid Snake, Raiden, Otacon. We could explore some tragic villains too (Sniper Wolf?), fan-favorites that we're certain won't miss. If executed right, it would be a masterpiece. If done wrong, it would be a surge of disconnected fanservice that wouldn't appeal even those who are part of that fandom.

One can only dream.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Metal Gear canon is the most milkable in videogame history. You have all these potentially interesting untold stories like The Boss' shenanigans that made her a legend among soldiers, Gray Fox's transformation into..well, Gray Fox, the time gap between the first and second Metal Gear Solid games and the creation of Philantropy et cetera. But Konami would pull off such feats with the grace of an intoxicated cat, so if there's anything positive I can say about Metal Gear Survive, it's that I'm glad it doesn't try and tamper with the canon.

Since I wasn't that content with The Phantom Pain, I'd like to see a Metal Gear game in the style of 007 Legends. I know, I know, terrible game, but I liked the concept. Basically, it could be a linear, emotional experience, similar to The Last of Us, where we get to see all the lost years in the canon. We could incorporate a crapload of separate stories where we take charge of different characters, from The Boss to Gray Fox to EVA all the way to the newer generation - Solid Snake, Raiden, Otacon. We could explore some tragic villains too (Sniper Wolf?), fan-favorites that we're certain won't miss. If executed right, it would be a masterpiece. If done wrong, it would be a surge of disconnected fanservice that wouldn't appeal even those who are part of that fandom.

One can only dream.
The closest thing to what your talking about would probably be MGS2's Snake Tales, so it's not that much of a pipedream. They'll just need more diverse character's and meaningful story with cutscenes rather then text boxes and a slightly different event order

Top Bottom