• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just another combo move of this game that may or may not interest you...

ChaserTech

So you actually think it's perfectly acceptable to dismiss someone's inclusion to the conversation, without really any justifiable reason, and then leave it there? Is the word "argue" to harsh for you? Would you prefer "debate?"

Debating was kinda the thing I was going for but unfortunately it derailed fast, which lead for me being victimized.

Please stop this nonsense, I posted this because I found this cool video, not for everyone to bite each others head off.

Things got derailed really fast these days eh?

I apologize for skewing the topic off-course. About the combo video though, I believe it's one of the best ones I've seen for DmC. Mainly because of the setups that I was noticing during the video.

I also liked some of the Vergil stuff that I was seeing too. His movement looks pretty nice. :D

DullDopeDirty

First of all, that video on the first post is pretty cool I think. Very impressive, I wish to be as good as that someday.

However, reading along the discussion it seems that the discussion didn't quite go well just because someone had a different opinion regarding the depth of DmC versus the older titles. I haven't played them enough to say my opinion is as solid as anyone here but from the amount I've played I find it that the older games do have more mechanics to play around with, or at least that's what I've read about, and that is no way negative.

That being said, it's also seems pretty weird that a lot of the posters in this thread are getting worked up/infuriated about someone bringing up game mechanics. As I've said, I'm no long-time member here but I don't think that warrants a report off-the-bat. Nor does it warrant obviously aggressive responses.

SSSSwagmasterMLGDmCplaya

No one in the thread even stated that DmC is technically superior to the previous games.
Here's the issue, the main reason why people don't consider this game deep enough is because games of larger depth exist (such as bayonneta and DMC4). Since this is part of the DMC series, DmC is often compared to the previous installments, in this case DMC4. All he did was tell you why people don't classify DmC as deep, because games like DMC4 exist.

If I'm wrong, Chaser, enlighten me of your intentions.

ChaserTech

Here's the issue, the main reason why people don't consider this game deep enough is because games of larger depth exist (such as bayonneta and DMC4). Since this is part of the DMC series, DmC is often compared to the previous installments, in this case DMC4. All he did was tell you why people don't classify DmC as deep, because games like DMC4 exist.

If I'm wrong, Chaser, enlighten me of your intentions.

...That basically sums up what I said in a nutshell. Thanks for that. lol

SSSSwagmasterMLGDmCplaya

Please stop this nonsense, I posted this because I found this cool video, not for everyone to bite each others head off.

Things got derailed really fast these days.
I offer a sincere apology as well. I just had to respond to some of these posts. If you want my opinion on the video, I'll say that this combo video is one of the few that had interesting manipulation of mechanics. Even the music is good, something I rarely expect.

Captain Xin

First of all, that video on the first post is pretty cool I think. Very impressive, I wish to be as good as that someday.

However, reading along the discussion it seems that the discussion didn't quite go well just because someone had a different opinion regarding the depth of DmC versus the older titles. I haven't played them enough to say my opinion is as solid as anyone here but from the amount I've played I find it that the older games do have more mechanics to play around with, or at least that's what I've read about, and that is no way negative.

That being said, it's also seems pretty weird that a lot of the posters in this thread are getting worked up/infuriated about someone bringing up game mechanics. As I've said, I'm no long-time member here but I don't think that warrants a report off-the-bat. Nor does it warrant obviously aggressive responses.

A personal "Thank You" for this post right here, you're the one who save the thread from derailing to another flame war.

Thank You.

DullDopeDirty

A personal "Thank You" for this post right here, you're the one who save the thread from derailing to another flame war.

Thank You.

I-I don't think that's really necessary. But well appreciated. :D I just hope that nobody else goes up in arms/overly aggressive when someone tries to compare mechanics/other stuff from the old games versus this one. There is no need to be defensive about which games you prefer and blowing your gasket over things like the earlier posts just makes you look bad.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I would like to request that this thread be locked.

It seems as though a few new members joined just post on this specific thread, therefore, in order to prevent any more arguing, I think lockdown is the best solution.

That being said, it's also seems pretty weird that a lot of the posters in this thread are getting worked up/infuriated about someone bringing up game mechanics.
You must be new here.

*nah, I'll just skip the WW meme this time around*

Either that, or you're a previous member who's pretending it's no big deal so that people won't catch on as to who you were previously. I hope that this isn't the case.
I literally came here to laugh at you.
^ This doesn't warrant a report?? Are you serious? I think it might be best best to put you on ignore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to put everyone else on ignore as well so that I won't be goaded into arguing... or "debating" as they like to call it.

"Debate"... yeah, right. Sure.

It's flaming, disguised as "polite" debate, and that's all there is to it.

Captain Xin

It seems as though a few new members joined just post on this specific thread, therefore, in order to prevent any more arguing, I think lockdown is the best solution.

You must be new here.

*nah, I'll just skip the WW meme this time around*

Either that, or you're a previous member who's pretending it's no big deal so that people won't catch on as to who you were previously. I hope that this isn't the case.

^ This doesn't warrant a report?? Are you serious? I think it might be best best to put you on ignore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to put everyone else on ignore as well so that I won't be goaded into arguing... or "debating" as they like to call it.

"Debate"... yeah, right. Sure.

It's flaming, disguised as "polite" debate, and that's all there is to it.

Please don't, I'd rather it polite then being locked like one of those troll threads.

I know,right? I've seen combo vids for both the classics and the reboot and admired skillful people like those.
I may have my personal preference when it comes to combo system,since I like things to be harder to play,but then I see others being amazing at making difficult combos in the reboot as well.It's not as easy as it looks.

I agree with you,but the amount of fun I had while playing DmC equals the amount of fun I had while playing DMC,*well,after such a long time,I needed something alike that's why I was so eager to play it*even if I had my own disappointement with some of the mechanics of the new one.I think in DmC things go smoother and faster while in DMC it's stronger and more precise and a little bit more complex. YET,this didn't stop me playing the hell out of DmC. It's still fun.

If you feel offended by what someone said,just DON'T PAY ATTENTION and go on with what swings your way.
I know some people feel like exposing their explanation and analyze a little bit too much for one game,but it's still their opinion and their commitment to explain things in depth.

No one is supposed to have their opinion changed by what one said. So say what you think,point out what you liked/didn't like and that's it.

And about that 'I came here to laugh at you' Was it necessary? At least you could have an opinion,but this kind of statement is truly USELESS and doesn't help with ANYTHING.

ChaserTech

Actually you were the main person getting overly aggressive about the situation. Everyone else seemed pretty civil about it, including me. Yet you insist that this thread started going towards flaming when no insults were being thrown around while you were the main person that was hostile about the situation.

If you feel offended by what someone said,just DON'T PAY ATTENTION and go on with what swings your way.

^^^^This, seriously.

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
@SSSSwagmasterMLGDmCplaya
@ChaserTech

Yet there are still some people who say this game's combat lacks depth...

However it's not as much compared to what people originally think.

That's all I was implying with my post. I never said it had greater or equal depth compared to the previous games.

Yet it seems as though my post indirectly started this whole argument. Guess I'll just stop posting in this section, since no good can come of it.

ChaserTech

@SSSSwagmasterMLGDmCplaya
@ChaserTech

That's all I was implying with my post. I never said it had greater or equal depth compared to the previous games.

Yet it seems as though my post indirectly started this whole argument. Guess I'll just stop posting in this section, since no good can come of it.

Your post was fine dude. There's nothing to worry about it. The main issue is that Frostmourne overreacted to what I've said and that's basically it.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ok considering how long it took me to master guard flying , sky running , inertia side raves reverse raves star raves and switching and double switching guns styles and devil arms on the fly while also buffering moves and working it all into combos on DMC4 for xbox and pc after already mastering jc on DMC3 i know exactly where chasertech is coming from.

DmC has a brilliant combo system but it is not as punishing on timing or inputs as DMC4 is and has less available cancel exploits as a whole.

This takes nothing away from the game it is a great game but if like me and others you want to wreck your hands pulling off mind boggling stuff then DmC is a let down in comparison to DMC4 but not an inferior game because of it

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Your post was fine dude. There's nothing to worry about it. The main issue is that Frostmourne overreacted to what I've said and that's basically it.

To be fair, your initial wall of text was slightly unwarranted, considering no one was looking for a debate about it. DNC's initial comment wasn't seeking it, and was simply a remark about how people say "it has no depth". It has nothing to do with comparisons to one game or another, it was solely about DmC's depth.

-------------------------------------

Admittedly, Frosty goes too far sometimes, but it's also amusing to see some people who don't seem to get that he doesn't always stand behind half the sh!t he says, and it's all for shiggles. My favorite is when people take him for some unabashed lover of DmC and DmC-hater-killer :p spoilershisfavoriteisDMC3

-------------------------------------

Don't mute yourself because of what someone else might say. You've added some good to discussions.

Top Bottom