• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Importance of Lady as playable character.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
maxresdefault.jpg

Actually I think Lady is fairly important addition to DMC franchise, because she proven that not only melee but also gunplay can be integrated into HnS genre. Usually in games like Darksiders, DMC and KiD guns were means to support you during sword fights or to deal with distant enemies, but never main damage output means. Well DMC2 was exception, but not really well made one. So I think that Lady as character can set standard of how implement guns into hardcore gameplay. Did others felt like I did? Or was it just gimmick gameplay that we already saw a lot?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
No I think there's room for gunplay and Lady proved it.

What they need to do is refine it by giving more attention to balance and some more moves.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Lady's gameplay is like Gunslinger Style embodied into a character.

Yes. But we are discussing if that could be a basis to build upon in the future of the genre (not only this franchise). Which it very well is, as I see it.

When it comes to DMC, they'd need to differentiate her moves from Dante's a bit more and adding some more of her own, developing on what they already did in the SE.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
It did always bug me that the guns were only for support. I would definitely like more gunplay in the hack & slash genre.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It did always bug me that the guns were only for support. I would definitely like more gunplay in the hack & slash genre.

Well, guns were a bigger deal in DMC3, compared to any other Devil May Cry. And possibly any other HnS. Though not as much as melee weapons.

But agreed, guns should be held to more importance imo.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Partially agree, but seriously it's HACK n' SLASH.

I could be biased because I do prefer swords to guns though

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Partially agree, but seriously it's HACK n' SLASH.

I could be biased because I do prefer swords to guns though
Well that's true…buuut. Considering terminology came from games like Diablo, where you had characters using bows, magic and other non-sword equipment. So I think it's fair to implement more weapon types into gameplay. :)

Top Bottom