• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I got a virus.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
So I was just surfing the net when this thing came up that said something like

"This program has detected spyware on your computer, click here to download this antivirus scan"

But it was a trap, this program is actually a virus. It is there to slow down the computer till you buy the full version of the "Anti virus program":dry:

My friend who knows allot about computers managed to kill it by partially wipeing my hard drive.^_^

So I am virus free (I hope) but I thought I would post a warning about this and maybe ask if this happened to anyone else.:huh:

Oh, and if you know any other nastys I should look out for. o_O

Sparda™

Warnings like that which appeared to you, are obviously malware and viruses.

Didn't you have an anti-virus installed?!

You should always have an anti-virus installed...

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I don't think you should even be on the internet if you click those stupid advertizments. I have a crappy anti-virus that destroys worms, otherwise im fine since the sites i go on don't contain anything malicious content.

Keaton

Premium
^Doubtful, most decent/reliable Anti-Virus' you have to pay for, unless you download them illegally ofcourse....but then thats illegal ^^

@Dark Prince: If you havent got an anit-virus AVOID using a torrent until you have some kind of defence...

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Dark Prince;155263 said:
So I was just surfing the net when this thing came up that said something like

"This program has detected spyware on your computer, click here to download this antivirus scan"

But it was a trap, this program is actually a virus. It is there to slow down the computer till you buy the full version of the "Anti virus program":dry:

My friend who knows allot about computers managed to kill it by partially wipeing my hard drive.^_^

So I am virus free (I hope) but I thought I would post a warning about this and maybe ask if this happened to anyone else.:huh:

Oh, and if you know any other nastys I should look out for. o_O
I had the same virus, but I didn't get it from downloading it.

To be honest downloading it because it told you to was the stupidest move I have ever seen.
Thats like believing one of those"You won a million dollars" ads.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^It was a little stupid of me, but It looked like the program already on my computer at the time.

I thought it needed some sort of update or something, that is why it got by me.

I don't think you should even be on the internet if you click those stupid advertizments. I have a crappy anti-virus that destroys worms, otherwise im fine since the sites i go on don't contain anything malicious content.

^I wasn't even doing anything wrong, it just sort of poped up.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
i have spybot for my spyware and i have COMODO for my virus and firewall, both are free, and after about a week COMODO will let your trusted applications pass, my brother showed it to me and it tells me when one file is trying to access another, and if i dont like what i see i simply say "deny" and i havent had a virus since i got that
My spyware check happens once every 2/3 nights, and it cleans out all the rubbish that gets picked up, and things like that, both are very helpful and 100%

aka958

Don't trust people
?? when i so those signs i just think: OMG i got a virus!? then i think ah what the hell i haven't seen any changes... the whole internet is full of crap, you gotta be careful if you don't have an enviroment suit in Fallout 3... the same on the internet... get a safety net :p

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Avast is a damned good anti-virus system, the home edition is free if you sign up with a valid email and request a registration code, Avast was the system the Government used until they moved onto NOD32.

To be honest though, clicking on those ads is a touch silly, it's all bull to make you think that your system needs an update, just never fall for it again.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
yeah i use avg ... :lol:

and u can download a patch from microsoft thats stops u getting the virus

Top Bottom