• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How will Vergil come back in the next game?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think he would absolutely suck at being a hero.
So basically Nero and Dante will need to keep him in check on every mission because he swoons to his lust for more power too easily. They will have to battle the baddies and sometimes Vergil, too.
Nero: Hey, your bro is going off the rails again, Dante.
Dante: gah dammit, not again.
Nero: You should get him one of those shock collars they use to-
Dante: Shut up.
Nero:Okay, I'm just sayin'.
Dante:........ where do you get those from?

It'd be a parody. Vergil would become the comic-relief-antagonist.
In short: Vergil shouldn't come back. It wouldn't work.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I guess if they do another reboot they could do an AU where Vergil turned out out the good guy. It could be a fun spin on the canon.

DMC is based on the supernatural so i dont see bringing him back outside the realm of possibility. But i rather he just be on his own side than being good or bad.

Zoey

I also think Vergil is not dead, but his soul got separated from the body and it possibly split (like a horcrux, you know...) in more than one piece. Part of Vergil's soul resides in Yamato / Nero's arm / both of them, part of it is still in Hell, alongside his (dormant?) body, which is held somewhere.
I think in 5 there should be a reason for Dante to descend in Hell, like he has something important to do there in order to protect humanity, and during his quest he meets his brother and rescues him from his captivity.
If Nero is also there, Yamato and the boy himself could be able to awake and make Vergil "whole" again, then V. guides his brother and son back to the human world, true to his name (=Vergilius who guided Dante Alighieri through the Inferno). At the end of the game, differently from what happened in 3, Dante persuades his twin to resurface in the human world.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I guess if they do another reboot they could do an AU where Vergil turned out out the good guy. It could be a fun spin on the canon.

The funny thing is, he already kind of was the good guy in DmC. Well, he wasn't, but he thought that he was doing right by his actions. But I get what you mean. Have him as a good guy without an ulterior motive.

Kurisu

Bunny mom
It would be nice to have Vergil back, since Mundus was defeated I think he would have some resentment towards Dante, and maybe he'd let Nero keep Yamato since he's his son after all (and probably be a little disappointed at him since he uses a gun and he modified a sword).

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I can see it happening like something from Abaranger movie.

Basically Mundus fanatics gather up relics relating to him (including a piece of Nelo Angelo) and make a ritual to try and summon him back from Hell, only for Vergil to force his way through instead.
Fanatic: "What happened? We were supposed to summon the strongest demon in Hell!"
Vergil: "And you expected someone else!?"

From a gameplay perspective, I'd like them to do something similar to Chain of Memories where you have Dante and Vergil's campaigns running parallel but separate from each other, rather than DMC4 where you play as Nero for a while then switch to Dante briefly before going back to Nero.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@DarkSlayerZero

AW SNAP!!!

You could always change that or write another alternate timeline.

Marvel and DC has alot of stories that play upon interactions between alternate universes.

@LordOfDarkness
I thought it be a fun spin and just because he starts out a good guy and wants to be one, it doesnt mean he has to stay one.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Here's a little something me and a friend of mine on Facebook have been working on...I thought I'd share it with you.

Enjoy...

Nero fights his way through a horde of demon underlings. Each strike he takes causes Nero's aura to turn a dark blue, as though his upper body is burning. Nero's eyes shift and turn red. His demonic right arm begins to shake violently, releasing energy and sending shockwaves.

He stumbles and begins to breathe heavily, his voice turning more vicious.

Nero: "Power...Give me more...POWER!"

Nero gets up and materialises Yamato, and switches it to his left arm. Nero proceeds to swipe back his hair; much like Vergil by applying static so it stays firm.

Nero: "You think you stand a chance? Huh..."

Nero proceeds to grab the hilt, adding energy to the sword, making it glow ominously. Nero throws some sword slices, unseen to the naked eye. Each shot starts to take a cone-like shape with cutting format. The barrage of attacks throws Nero back 2 meters. Judgement Cuts are thrown uncontrollably, yet they connect. The demons begin to flea as Nero begins to shift into his Perfect Devil Trigger form. It bears resemblance to Vergil’s, yet it's uniquely his own image.

Nero: "You're going down!...This is YOUR END! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

He cuts through them so fast, they look as if they're suspended in mid-air. The demons turn to dust. Nero looks on and shifts back to his human form, falling forward.

Nero: "How...boring..."

Nero loses consciousness. His right arm begins to glow. Energy pulsating brighter and brighter until it enveloped the arm, then fade, leaving a normal human arm. Yamato suspends in the air. Around it, a form begins to take shape. A figure in a blue jacket and white silver hair looks on.

"I've returned and it's thanks to you....Thank you for taking good care of my sword whilst I was away". He walks towards Nero and kneels down, "No less from a son of Sparda...Now rest." He grins.

Suddenly, a voice speaks out from behind, "...Vergil?"

The man turns to another man with the same coloured hair as him, only wearing red. "It can't be...How can you still....?"

Vergil: "Be alive, Dante?.... I am a son of Sparda. Must there be explanations for such idiotic questions?”

Vergil walks past Dante, giving him a glance from behind and says, “Now if you'll excuse me, I have business to take care of".

Dante reaches out and places his right hand on Vergil’s left shoulder. "Hold it. You've gotta fill me in on what happened to you all this time. I watched you die by my hands on Mallet Island. And as a memento, I was...Well, your 'present' was your amulet".

Vergil begins patting his chest and scans his clothing, realizing that he has no amulet on him. He gives Dante a cold stare and points Yamato at him, “Where is it? Give it to me.”

Dante looks at his brother angrily, “Pop's sword ate it, that's what. Don't worry, it's in safe hands back at my shop” Dante reassured Vergil, making Vergil lower his sword.

Vergil: "Father's legacy?....You..."

Dante: “You have my word, it’s not going anywhere”

Of course, Vergil believes Dante since they’re family and Dante isn’t the type of guy that would lie, since he’s always been bad at lying. Vergil remembers Dante as a kid, always getting into trouble and having to bail him out of his mess, since Sparda would scold him for going overboard with his twin pistols, Luce and Ombra. Vergil sheathes his sword.

Dante: “So...Mind filling me in on what happened after your little firework show?” Dante demanded.

Vergil: "...I do not recall...It was all a blur...However, I awoke in darkness, and have met the spirit of my sword, Yamato. He explained that I was trapped inside of my own sword. In order to be freed, I had to extract power through him as he slayed his enemies through the use of another user. The time for me to arrive was now, thanks to my...my...*ahem*, heir right there.." Vergil points towards Nero sleeping on the floor....

Dante’s eyes opened widely "Hold on...Heir? You mean...?"

"Yes, he is my son, unfortunately" Vergil replies....

Dante stared at Nero's unconscious body, dumbfounded by what was revealed before him. Thoughts ran through his mind on how Vergil was able to impregnate a woman, when Dante knew that Vergil was the type that was apathetic towards humans.

Vergil: "Now, if you'll excuse me. I have a score to settle with the 'Prince of darkness'."

Dante: "...Mundus? Heh...He's locked away somewhere, thanks to yours truly".

Vergil looks up at the moon, then tilts his head towards the ground. He sighs in disbelief. "No...He's close...I feel it...Those portals The Order created to allow demons to enter this realm are the key, and it is my job make sure they’re gone."

Dante: "Vergil, there are no more hell gates...You...You remember Trish, right? She and I made sure that they were all destroyed" he says shaking his head.

Vergil shakes his head, “Not all of them, Dante. There are more hidden around here that stuttering fool developed secretly”.

Dante thought about whom he was talking about for a moment, then remembered the time he faced a certain someone with a stuttering problem. He shook his head and grinned, “Is that so?" He confronts Vergil to meet his gaze, "How can you be so sure?”

Nero: “Fa...r?..."

Dante turns to Nero on the ground.

Dante: “Man, never imagined this kid would be related to us...”

Vergil: “We have to leave. Let's take him and us somewhere well hidden, and more fitting”.

Dante: “How about my shop? You look like you can do with some rest there, bro”

Vergil looks at Dante over his shoulder…“I don’t have time to waste, Dante"

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Here's a little something me and a friend of mine on Facebook have been working on...I thought I'd share it with you.

Enjoy...

Nero fights his way through a horde of demon underlings. Each strike he takes causes Nero's aura to turn a dark blue, as though his upper body is burning. Nero's eyes shift and turn red. His demonic right arm begins to shake violently, releasing energy and sending shockwaves.

He stumbles and begins to breathe heavily, his voice turning more vicious.

Nero: "Power...Give me more...POWER!"

Nero gets up and materialises Yamato, and switches it to his left arm. Nero proceeds to swipe back his hair; much like Vergil by applying static so it stays firm.

Nero: "You think you stand a chance? Huh..."

Nero proceeds to grab the hilt, adding energy to the sword, making it glow ominously. Nero throws some sword slices, unseen to the naked eye. Each shot starts to take a cone-like shape with cutting format. The barrage of attacks throws Nero back 2 meters. Judgement Cuts are thrown uncontrollably, yet they connect. The demons begin to flea as Nero begins to shift into his Perfect Devil Trigger form. It bears resemblance to Vergil’s, yet it's uniquely his own image.

Nero: "You're going down!...This is YOUR END! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

He cuts through them so fast, they look as if they're suspended in mid-air. The demons turn to dust. Nero looks on and shifts back to his human form, falling forward.

Nero: "How...boring..."

Nero loses consciousness. His right arm begins to glow. Energy pulsating brighter and brighter until it enveloped the arm, then fade, leaving a normal human arm. Yamato suspends in the air. Around it, a form begins to take shape. A figure in a blue jacket and white silver hair looks on.

"I've returned and it's thanks to you....Thank you for taking good care of my sword whilst I was away". He walks towards Nero and kneels down, "No less from a son of Sparda...Now rest." He grins.

Suddenly, a voice speaks out from behind, "...Vergil?"

The man turns to another man with the same coloured hair as him, only wearing red. "It can't be...How can you still....?"

Vergil: "Be alive, Dante?.... I am a son of Sparda. Must there be explanations for such idiotic questions?”

Vergil walks past Dante, giving him a glance from behind and says, “Now if you'll excuse me, I have business to take care of".

Dante reaches out and places his right hand on Vergil’s left shoulder. "Hold it. You've gotta fill me in on what happened to you all this time. I watched you die by my hands on Mallet Island. And as a memento, I was...Well, your 'present' was your amulet".

Vergil begins patting his chest and scans his clothing, realizing that he has no amulet on him. He gives Dante a cold stare and points Yamato at him, “Where is it? Give it to me.”

Dante looks at his brother angrily, “Pop's sword ate it, that's what. Don't worry, it's in safe hands back at my shop” Dante reassured Vergil, making Vergil lower his sword.

Vergil: "Father's legacy?....You..."

Dante: “You have my word, it’s not going anywhere”

Of course, Vergil believes Dante since they’re family and Dante isn’t the type of guy that would lie, since he’s always been bad at lying. Vergil remembers Dante as a kid, always getting into trouble and having to bail him out of his mess, since Sparda would scold him for going overboard with his twin pistols, Luce and Ombra. Vergil sheathes his sword.

Dante: “So...Mind filling me in on what happened after your little firework show?” Dante demanded.

Vergil: "...I do not recall...It was all a blur...However, I awoke in darkness, and have met the spirit of my sword, Yamato. He explained that I was trapped inside of my own sword. In order to be freed, I had to extract power through him as he slayed his enemies through the use of another user. The time for me to arrive was now, thanks to my...my...*ahem*, heir right there.." Vergil points towards Nero sleeping on the floor....

Dante’s eyes opened widely "Hold on...Heir? You mean...?"

"Yes, he is my son, unfortunately" Vergil replies....

Dante stared at Nero's unconscious body, dumbfounded by what was revealed before him. Thoughts ran through his mind on how Vergil was able to impregnate a woman, when Dante knew that Vergil was the type that was apathetic towards humans.

Vergil: "Now, if you'll excuse me. I have a score to settle with the 'Prince of darkness'."

Dante: "...Mundus? Heh...He's locked away somewhere, thanks to yours truly".

Vergil looks up at the moon, then tilts his head towards the ground. He sighs in disbelief. "No...He's close...I feel it...Those portals The Order created to allow demons to enter this realm are the key, and it is my job make sure they’re gone."

Dante: "Vergil, there are no more hell gates...You...You remember Trish, right? She and I made sure that they were all destroyed" he says shaking his head.

Vergil shakes his head, “Not all of them, Dante. There are more hidden around here that stuttering fool developed secretly”.

Dante thought about whom he was talking about for a moment, then remembered the time he faced a certain someone with a stuttering problem. He shook his head and grinned, “Is that so?" He confronts Vergil to meet his gaze, "How can you be so sure?”

Nero: “Fa...r?..."

Dante turns to Nero on the ground.

Dante: “Man, never imagined this kid would be related to us...”

Vergil: “We have to leave. Let's take him and us somewhere well hidden, and more fitting”.

Dante: “How about my shop? You look like you can do with some rest there, bro”

Vergil looks at Dante over his shoulder…“I don’t have time to waste, Dante"

That could work!

Would be nice for a family reunion.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
What if after Vergil reclaims Yamato from Nero, Nero should possess a rapier instead.

Gray Knight

What if after Vergil reclaims Yamato from Nero, Nero should possess a rapier instead.
I don't really see Nero as a rapier kind of guy. I see him going for something big, if Nero could somehow get a blade like that used by Nelo Angelo, that hue Zweihander I think he'd use that.

Viper

Premium
I don't really see Nero as a rapier kind of guy. I see him going for something big, if Nero could somehow get a blade like that used by Nelo Angelo, that hue Zweihander I think he'd use that.
I second this, rapier requires a good technique, whereas Nero is more of a brute with his weapons and something large would complement that.

Gray Knight

Well if we're doomed to always have a CQC weapon with punching how about instead of the usual gloves we go for Katars instead?
I also wouldn't mind a call back to DMC2's Majin Form? Perhas Dante learning how to make one of those blades?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
A memory sequence in which someone recounts a previous exploit of Vergil that has repercussions in the modern day.

Top Bottom