• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How will Vergil come back in the next game?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How do we all see Vergil return in DMC5? If he was one of the heroes?

We all know that he wants Yamato back from Nero for example.

Plus what do you picture in his new design after his brother's?

Maybe grow out his hair in a ponytail? Vergil took on a Victorian look from his father. Maybe something else?

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm, I'd prefer Vergil stay dead if I'm honest.

But if he were to come back, maybe have him go through a redemption arc that rewards him with a weapon of his own so Nero can keep Yamato.

As for his look, stick that boy in a suit to emphasise him breaking away from his fixation on the past.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
His body exploded in DMC1 but that doesn't mean he can't come back as a ghost.

Yamato takes on Vergil's appearance if it becomes sentient. (I've been reading a lot Bleach Fan fics lately so.....).

He comes back as a Trish-esque clone.

The 2nd light novel introduced a device that allowed Dante to travel to alternate timelines. One of them had a Vergil that still lived.....

You could always just retcon his death in DMC1....

EDIT- @Reign :p

Last edited:

Reign

His body exploded in DMC1 but that doesn't mean he can't come back as a ghost.

Yamato takes on Vergil's appearance if it becomes sentient. (I've been reading a lot Bleach Fan fics lately so.....).

He comes back as a Trish-esque clone.

The 2nd light novel introduced a device that allowed Dante to travel to alternate timelines. One of them had a Vergil that still lived.....

You could always just retcon his death in DMC1....

And you didn't even like my ghostly picture of Vergil.

:/

Veloran

Hmm, I'd prefer Vergil stay dead if I'm honest.
Vergil never died.

Nelo Angelo in 1 was Vergil's soul trapped in the armor. This is referenced in 4 with all of the Angelo enemies, made from the armor, being empty suits filled with human and demon souls. Vergil is likely still locked up in hell. This is why, when Nelo Angelo was destroyed in the human world in 1, his soul didn't reunite with his body, but instead became bound to Nero/Yamato.

His body in V will wake up due to Nero's presence in the underworld, searching for Dante post-DMC2, and he'll have amnesia for part of the story before finally reuniting with his spirit.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I imagine in-universe he's in the presumed dead category which gives you alot of flexibility.

I read alot of Marvel and DC and Ive seen people come back to life after worse that doesnt make sense.

After all Prof X said "Rather than Pearly Gates I imagine Mutant Heaven having revolving doors instead".

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm just looking at this as if he didn't die, because I don't think that he did.

*Dante takes down Mundus again, with Nero's help this time*

*Vergil comes through a portal at the end*

"Oh, hi Dante".

The End

Thoughts please?

Frazz

General gamer
I'd like it if he was locked up by The Order from 4 with them having slowly taken small pieces of the Angelo armour off him to make the Altos/ Biancos. It would be cool to have him weakened and having to escape/ be rescued and then regain all his strength when reunited with Yamato due to it having a piece of his soul in it. Also I'd love it if he had a Nelo Angelo style DT in terms of appearance as that design was amazing.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
A piece of Vergil's soul is inside Nero's arm.

So Vergil's soul is somewhere in Hell. He finds a way to make a new body for himself. Forges a new weapon in order to find Yamato. He'll also reunite with Dante.

Vergil will also learn of Nero being his son and remembers one of the civilians in Fortuna he met and impregnated. I'm going by that cutscene with Vergil in Fortuna.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Exactly how he appears in Dante's Inferno: As a ghost. That'd be an excellent homage to the source of inspiration.

Maybe serving as a ghostly mentor to Nero throughout DMC4, without revealing who he is or what his true motives are.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Exactly how he appears in Dante's Inferno: As a ghost. That'd be an excellent homage to the source of inspiration.

Maybe serving as a ghostly mentor to Nero throughout DMC4, without revealing who he is or what his true motives are.

Until later that's when he reveals himself.

Gray Knight

While some may talk of a new weapon it would be interesting to see him just use a summoned sword in place of an actual one. Have his moves resemble his force edge moveset, with perhaps an alternate mode (a style maybe?) where he uses his summoned swords more like Lucifer.

Overall I'm not sure whether I'd want him to return. I do know I don't want him to end possessing Nero or being a spirit stuck in his arm because to me that cheapens all of Nero's accomplishments as through Vergil.
Also if he was possessing the Yamato I don't think he'd have let Sanctus take it from Nero.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Vergil will also learn of Nero being his son and remembers one of the civilians in Fortuna he met and impregnated.
Vergil knows perfectly Nero is his son (according to the book anyway).Not only he knows as he persuades ( in a unusual gentle away) Nero to hear "the cry of his soul".When Nero answers back to him "And yours?What is yours saying?", Vergil smiles at him and answers" I need more power". He wasn't ever nice with his own twin brother, why he would be with Nero if he didn't know him?!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
"So... this is what they call a heartwarming family reunion, huh?"

I'd like to think if he saw Nero with Dante he'd be like, "Well if you needed a brotherly figure, I'm right here." *proceeds to taunt Dante*

Anyway, some really great ideas going on here. I like the thought of him being a ghost - well, I wouldn't say 'ghost', but let's call him a spirit - and he had to regain his body.

I had this idea a while back that was Nero being Vergil's son. However, since Vergil is 'dead', Nero's body is the host for his father's spirit. Eventually it was going to end up in a fight between Nero and Vergil's spirit form (which would be projected from his Devil Bringer) for complete control over Nero's body, and when Vergil is close to winning, Dante steps in and stops him from succeeding.

But, I'd actually like him to return as the 'good guy' - or should I say, I'd like him to have reformed himself a little bit - Also @Gray Knight, I love that idea of Vergil crafting his own swords/weapons out of his ability to summon swords.

And @Frazz, a Nelo Angelo Devil Trigger would be awesome. Would be cool if he kept his Zweihander as a main weapon also.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Still Vergil would at least craft his own as a substitute to get Yamato back from Nero and get himself new weapons from demon souls like in 3. Vergil could steal Alastor from Dante's shop.

Get himself gauntlets & shinguards as Dante. And a staff.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Vergil would look cool with Alastor. Heck, Alastor needs to make a return anyway.

But...I'm not sure on him getting Yamato back. He'd probably want it back though, knowing what he's like.

Gray Knight

I'd be okay with Vergil getting Yamato back, for Nero to instead inherit the blade Vergil used as Nelo Angelo. I think a big thing like that suits Nero more.

Top Bottom