• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to bring Vergil back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DreadnoughtDT;268453 said:
Unfortunately that's kind of counterproductive. Now that Nero's there they have to answer the questions about him lest there be thousands or maybe millions of angry fans.

I, personally, would rather see more Nero and less Dante/Vergil. But I probably won't get my wish...

Well if the series doesn't change hands we have better odds. But yeah..theres just not enough of us.

moseslmpg

If their pan was to replace the twins with Nero, then I wish they would have given then a better sendoff. Vergil be sort of/maybe/kind dead and Dante reverting to his fratboy days doesn't exactly do justice to the series.

That said, I'd rather see more of all of them than more of just one of them. Nero doesn't have much motivation, except to protect Kyrie, and he isn't even tragic. They need something to drive the story beyond a monster-of-the-week scenario, whoever is the protagonist.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Either way, I believe it's a "pick your poison" kind of deal when it comes to this. Capcom can't satisfy everyone, nor will everyone be satisfied with what they will release anyways for DMC 5.

I do agree with Moses on this one, Nero doesn't have that motivation to do anything unless Kyrie is put into some mortal danger by the "monster-of-the-week scenario" as he puts it.

I'm sure Vergil can come back within reasonable boundries, but would result in losing Nero in the process. Dante would have to some how reason with Vergil and get Nero back or lose both of them at the same time...it's just one way of looking at it when all there is to go on are just rumors.

bobek388

Bobek388
I think that vergil's spirit is in the nero's arm, because nero didn't have this arm from birth ("since my arm changed" he said in the yamato awakening) so he can't be demon's son, maybe nero was an adventurer and he got on what was left from this island.

Maybe he found that nelo angelo sword he grabbed it then vergil's soul got into nero's arm, that's why u could see some power waking in the nero's arm when he repaired yamato, and that's why he could use his DT only after getting yamato.

And maybe when nero will find the amulet and grab it with his demon arm, vergil will escape nero's arm and will get his real body. Then nero will not want to give yamato to vergil so vergil will kill him, and dante will revenge.

And even nero's red eyes in the yamato awakening are the same as nelo angelo had. And once in that cutscene when camera was looking at him from the bottom left side he looked totally like a vergil, nero said give me more power, vergil said I need more power. And when I hear this music in this cutscene it totally reminded me of vergil.

moseslmpg

He got the DB after getting scratched by an Assault, according to the novel. So, nice theory, but Capcom already killed it.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I swear Capcom doesn't even realize they are messing up the DMC timeline with all the canon stuff they are releasing. Some of it doesn't even make sense or conflicts with the games that were previously released BEFORE a canon came out.

Freddy777

Heavens declare His Glory
Hey guys! I'm new to this forum. In fact, this is the first time being in a forum ever. I'm a big DMC fan.
Anyways, I was playing DMC 3 and was looking at the cutscenes of the first Dante/Vergil boss fight. Vergil said something interesting and it could be a reason to why he wants "more power". He said to a defeated Dante that without power you can't protect anyone, not even yourself.
I'm wondering, since we know very little of Vergil's past, could there be something or someone Vergil wants to protect. I mean, I know Vergil tries his hard to ignore his Human side and wants to rule the two worlds,but what is it that HE wants to protect if all he wants is his father's power and the throne of Hell.
Also, in another cutscene when Vergil stabs Arkham for having some small part of fatherly love for Lady by not killing her off like he was suppose to, Arkham responded by saying that Vergil had demon and human blood mingling within him. Vergil did't deny his half human blood, instead said "Shut up".
I guess my point is maybe what Vergil is trying to protect by gaining power is probably a loved one(s)(maybe Nero as a child).
Could be great to explain in a DMC 5 game b/c then we would see a kinder human side of Vergil. Wonder how that would show though?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I always thought that he was talking about how he felt powerless when Eva was killed, so he was talking about protecting Eva.

But, the Nero theory works just as well. Good idea. :)

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
You know, I kinda like that idea too. Puts an interesting spin on it, at least. They do seem to like telling stories backwards, after all. Who knows!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
DreadnoughtDT;269631 said:
I always thought that he was talking about how he felt powerless when Eva was killed, so he was talking about protecting Eva.

Yup,as far as we know it is guilt.He also wants power because he believes that this way,nothing bad or unpleasant will happen to him.And who doesn't want to protect his baby bro?:D

After all,when the demons invaded it is assumed that Vergil fled out of fear[shown in the manga].

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Changed my mind. Dante opens a pizza box and Vergil's head is sitting in there, grinning inanely at him with pepperoni coming out of his ears.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It would have to be a really big pizza box...maybe extra extra deep pan?

Freddy777

I have no doubt that Vergil being powerless to stop the death of his mother influenced him greatly to search for power. Yet, the fact that he said that without strength you cannot protect anything means that there is yet another person in Vergil's life that he desires to protect. If all he cared to protect is dead(Eva) then his desire to gain more power would be pointless. I mean, he was not trying to gain power to protect his bother Dante. In fact, he was perfectly willing to kill him (three times) in order to gain the other half of the amulet. So, to me, it looks like he was trying to gain power in order to protect someone else (so that what happened to his mother wouldn't happen again), along with his evil intentions of ruling the two worlds.

Another thing, I would love for the DMC story to turn from a solo hero, to a duo. Bring back the Dante/Vergil tag team like in DMC 3 (fav. of all DMC games). I want Vergil to come to the good side. Keep his calm, cool, no fear personality, but this time he too fights for humanity like his brother, just like his father Sparda(purple aura) would of wanted. The red just wouldn't be complete without the blue. It'd be awesome in DMC 5 and future games b/c you'd have an incredible two player experience. I think it be great to build on the characters of both brothers, since not only will they be constantly competing, but it would be the first close relationship the brothers would have since their mother Eva, especially for Vergil. Not only would this be a happy ending, but an explosive beginning in "Demon Destruction".

bobek388

Bobek388
But I don't think he would like to have a child, also Nero is to old too be Vergil's son I think.

I don't know what Vergil was doing before the DMC3 but for sure he didn't have time to look for a girlfriend, because he was thinking about opening the gate hell and then he was actually doing it. Also he doesn't look like he cares about anyone, even about the family, and as you said he stabbed Arkham because he didn't kill his daughter, so he finds love and mercy as a weakness, so clearly having a family isn't in his style.

Also he couldn't have a child later because he was in the hell and then he was possessed by a demon, so for sure demon wasn't interested in finding lover for a Vergil, also I don't think any human woman would want Nelo Angelo as a boyfriend.

And because he said that "without strength you cannot protect anything" doesn't mean he wants to protect something, he can think about the past or about the future, it doesn't need to mean that he has something to protect now. It's like saying "without alphabet you can't write anything" because it's true, but it doesn't mean that you cannot write anything.

Freddy777

I didn't say it HAD to be a girlfriend or even Nero. It could be Nero, but it can be any loved one(s) like a friend.
There are enough hints to show that he hasn't totally abandoned his human feelings. Like I showed in the stabbed Arkham scene, Vergil never explicitly denied Arkham's response to having his humanity mingled with his demon side.
And his disdain of Arkham's fatherly love for Lady could be that Vergil is being hypocritcal. He can say he dislikes love and mercy in others as a weakness, but maybe he is hiding some form of love for another. After all, as I said, we know very little of Vergil's past. Many people like to point at other people's supposed weaknesses, but never stop to examine there lives, and thus, become hypocrites.
Also, in the last Vergil boss fight when he finished striking Dante he would sometimes pause to look at his half amulet like he is contemplating his past. Even in DMC 1 after you finish fighting Nelo Angelo, in the cutscene when Nelo has Dante pinned to the wall he could of finished Dante off, but didn't because he saw Dante's other half amulet. All of these hint that Vergil still has the ability to love and be merciful. Even after being possessed by a demon and corrupted by Mundus he still retained a piece of his Humanity.
And maybe your right bobek, saying "without strength you cannot protect anything" probably doesn't NEED to mean Vergil has something to protect now, but it CAN. After all, didn't Capcom say DMC 5 would be tailored to what the fans want, especially since Vergil's past is a mysterious empty space.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Interesting theory Freddy, I actually find it very appealing to me. The thought crossed my mind but it never really went as deep as you explained. I wouldn't mind some background info on Nero and Vergil (If there is a connection between the two)...how they go about doing it is a mystery to me.

BUT, for all we know, Capcom might just might be mind-******* us into thinking Vergil is coming back. I'm sure there is a lot of curiousity spinning around Vergil's background but as I've heard from other people...Capcom doesn't really give a damn as long as the title sells.

moseslmpg

Freddy777;269667 said:
I have no doubt that Vergil being powerless to stop the death of his mother influenced him greatly to search for power. Yet, the fact that he said that without strength you cannot protect anything means that there is yet another person in Vergil's life that he desires to protect. If all he cared to protect is dead(Eva) then his desire to gain more power would be pointless.
This is actually pretty common after trauma, thinking and doing things that are irrational and have no realistic value. And in fac we do these types of things everyday, usually caused by some kind of supernormal stimulus response. One example of this is food, where we eat too many calories even though we don't need anywhere near as much to survive. Sex is another one. It is just going beyond the normal level of response to a certain stimulus or event.

While it could be that Vergil is trying to protect someone else (by opening a portal to Hell and endangering them?), it is more likely that his child psyche was influenced by his mother's death, and now he operates on a behavioral/cognitive schema that simply tells him "power=safety." Children, of course, do not know enough about the world to develop rational cognitive schemas, and such irrational schemas form the basis for many neuroses later in life. Even if there is no one to protect anymore, and even if Vergil was the last person on earth, it would still be true in his mind that "without power/strength, you cannot protect anything." There need not be an actual person to protect, and given Vergil's extremism, I doubt there would be.

bobek388

Bobek388
Yeah, if he would want to protect someone he cares about, he would be actually doing it, not opening the gate and letting demons run around and kill those who he cares about. I'm sure that he was thinking about his mother when he was saying "without power u can't protect anything" his mother was killed when he was young and powerless, and he couldn't protect her.

Freddy777

Your probably right moses. Sometimes people say and do things that are ilogical and without actually having any meaning to it. Yet, the possibility is still there that he probably meant what he said and has his reasons for doing such things.
And sometimes people do things that might endanger a person, but believe that in the end it will protect that person no matter how completely wrong they might be.
You also might be right that Vergil may have a "power=safety" mentality since he ended by saying "without power/strength, you cannot protect anything, EVEN yourself"
But I don't think that this phrase would have any grounds to stand on if Vergil was the last person in the world, b/c then what is he protecting himself from? Having all the power in the world would be pointless if there is no one to protect himself from.
And as I said before, just b/c there NEED not be someone for Vergil to protect doesn't mean there CAN'T be one. We know almost nothing about Vergil's past, and because of that Vergil's past is in OUR hands to mold and shape as we wan't.
I am not trying to prove that Vergil has someone to protect. What I was doing is proving that Vergil held to some part his Humanity through all those hints, clues, and cutscenes, and b/c of that it gives rise to the possibility that maybe he is protecting someone.
Anyways it is just an idea, a good one from the responses I'm getting. Vergil's mysterious past is a treasure-trove of many possibilities that can give rise to many great ideas. The topic is, after all, "how to bring Vergil back"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom