• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to bring Vergil back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

Ok well since a lot of people want Vergil to return in some form (including me if its a good reason) I figure HEY! Let's discuss what the best way to do it would be. After all, Capcom wants DMC5 to be what the fans want, so let's come up with something good!^_^

Ok, I'm thinking a part of Vergil is in Yamato and Nero will somehow release it in DMC5. I doubt Vergil will come back as his normal self, but I'm thinking as a spirit type thing would make sense.

Ok, your turn. :)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Either with the whole "Vergil's Spirit lives on the Yamato and manifests rarely through a host,in our case Nero,to interact with the world outside the sword" or go back to the whole "Mundus stripped Vergil from his soul,corrupted his body and made it Nero Angelo,thrown Vergil in hell and now he must somehow get his body back...without the use of some lame plot device."

That's me.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
personally i don't think the possessed Nero or Yamato. idea would be good if that was the case then it would be hard to make it so that both Nero and Vergil are around with all their abilities.

not sure what would be a good way to bring Vergil back. i would be satisfied with Vergil just showing up as long as dose it in a really cool way, but it would be better if there is some explanation.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think Meg's theory holds some good sense. He could manifest as a spirit, but nothing more than that. Maybe torture Nero's mind a bit before he finally staves off Vergil's spirit and perhaps gains a full DT of his own.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
but a spirit wouldn't be able to do the things that make Vergil so cool. as a spirit he would just end up as Nero's annoying sidekick. that is not a fate worthy of Vergil. Vergil cannot return as less then he was. he needs to be more. his return should fill all who witness it with awe and despair.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Why not return as less than he was?

His time is already past. He's done all that he needs to. My theory is at least plausible.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;250118 said:
Why not return as less than he was?

His time is already past. He's done all that he needs to. My theory is at least plausible.

why reduce Vergil to something like that. there is no point. if he is not going to be brought back for real then why waste time taking away his dignity by putting him in a meaningless role. a nameless spirit could fill that role.

a comeback should improve the character otherwise there is no reason to bring that character back at all.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Look, if you can come up with something better ALONG WITH a plausible explanation, THEN you can tell my my theory is crap. Okay?

aka958

Don't trust people
I like the theory of Vergil's spirit being trapped inside yamato. It could even fit with the theory of his soul being thrown away by Mundus as he could've manifested his sword that always are on his side.

He wouldn't be a spirit that would guide Nero. He would maybe even drive Nero insane, filling Nero with his own reason and make try to make Nero do his bidding. Maybe Vergil can be the antagonist and everything revolves around the bond between Nero and Vergil's spirit and in the end Vergil breaks out of his "prison". Still nothing but a ghostly shade who tries to gain his full power back by some kind of plot device and it's all up to Dante and Nero to stop him and fight him, together against Vergil as the last boss. Where you play one of them depending on which one's story you play.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
darkslayer13;250119 said:
why waste time taking away his dignity by putting him in a meaningless role

Because most fans of Vergil are desperate enough to accept that as as way way of bringing him back.

darkslayer13;250119 said:
a comeback should improve the character otherwise there is no reason to bring that character back at all
Thats why I don't want him back because that is near impossible at this stage. It will either be a clone of DMC3 (he tries to get Sparda and fails because Dante is the stronger twin etc.) or some wierd tangent motive that contradicts his character. The only realistic new story he could have is something to do with the Majin form but thats out because more likley than not, his original body has been destroyed making any new power useless to him.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^For Vergil to come back successfully,it will be more than enough for fans beleive me.Vergil comes back completely at the end of the game,complete etc disapears after saying some cool quote never to be seen again in a DMC game is more than fulfilling than the lameness that is called Nero Angelo[even if it came first].Now,if Capcom ever decides to do side games and have Vergil,Nero and Sparda star in them,hell yes,they can do what they want with that.Destroy them as much as you want after that.

PS : The stand theory :

Nero : This is my stand : Vergil!
Araki Hirohiko : What the???It's not named after a manga,music band or song?How can this be a stand?
Nero : Shut up!Capcom blatantly copied your idea so it has to be a Stand.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nero Angelo? LAME? Uh, holy crap, no. No no no. He was the epitome of badass back in the day, dude.

Sorry. Had to say that.

Anyway, the only believable way of Vergil coming back would be as a spirit/shade. There's just no other way. And by god if he possesses Nero completely and permanently, I'm gonna hurt someone.

aka958

Don't trust people
DreadnoughtDT;250180 said:
Nero Angelo? LAME? Uh, holy crap, no. No no no. He was the epitome of badass back in the day, dude.

Sorry. Had to say that.

Anyway, the only believable way of Vergil coming back would be as a spirit/shade. There's just no other way. And by god if he possesses Nero completely and permanently, I'm gonna hurt someone.

This is a great solution your eyes maybe slipped by:

aka958;250124 said:
I like the theory of Vergil's spirit being trapped inside yamato. It could even fit with the theory of his soul being thrown away by Mundus as he could've manifested his sword that always are on his side.

He wouldn't be a spirit that would guide Nero. He would maybe even drive Nero insane, filling Nero with his own reason and make try to make Nero do his bidding. Maybe Vergil can be the antagonist and everything revolves around the bond between Nero and Vergil's spirit and in the end Vergil breaks out of his "prison". Still nothing but a ghostly shade who tries to gain his full power back by some kind of plot device and it's all up to Dante and Nero to stop him and fight him, together against Vergil as the last boss. Where you play one of them depending on which one's story you play.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Thanks for fleshing out my idea, aka. I had seen that, actually. Just put my own two cents in.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Nero Angelo?The epitome of badass back in the day?

Excuse me,I have to go murder someone for absolutely no reason at all at the moment.

[Kills some thugs for absolutelly no reason at all]

Ah...better now.

Nero Angelo,badass?Yes,I agree.Nero Angelo,the epitome of badass back in the day?Oh,hell no.Not even if Vergil gets the awesome and intelligent plot twist to come back to life and showcase his awesomenes,not even then that will be true.The epitomes of badass have been set in stone from the 80's.

Ps : It would be extremelly funny for Vergil to posses random people just and only to speak to Nero or to annoy Dante...you know,like a ghost.

aka958

Don't trust people
^Possesing other people to annoy Nero and Dante? That sounds more like something what Dante would do. XD

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
You all know... I don't want him back. *LeGasp*... i think his character can't really go anywhere now. (Unless it's down the route of the whole Nero/Vergil father thingy)

Plus, i've been thinking about Yamato. Perhaps Yamato has a soul just like the weapons back in DMC3 (nevan, beowulf. etc).

V

Oldschool DMC fan
^ This.

There's no reason he can't somehow 'reside' in Yamato like many other demons do inside Devil Arms in the games. ^_^

(Surely just bringing him back as himself again kind of devalues the tragedy of his story - and part of what makes Dante a resolute demon-hunter. Vergil's place in the series was as a foil for Dante and a demonstration of the problems of pursuing demonic power - a big theme in the games. And isn't Eva's and Vergil's deaths part of what makes Dante keep going?

Although I would like to know what happened to him before he shows up in DMC3, or maybe clear up this Nero thing).

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
While typing my response to the other DMC5 wishthread, I started thinking about this. I like to come up with plots and stories even if I stopped writing them down as fanfiction a long time ago.

So bear with me if this is totally ridiculous but I like brainstorming stuff like this even if its never gonna happen.

For some reason I started thinking of Trish. Eva was long dead when she walked through the door looking like her twin. She was created that way on purpose to lure Dante into a trap.

Dante walking into traps seems to be a running theme of this series. So, why not give him another one. Only this time we'd all know its a trap because it's Vergil who busts through his door, demanding the return of the Yamato. (With or without lugging a motorcycle at Dante's head, of course.)

Obviously, it can't be the real Vergil. Created then, by someone hell-bent on opening that gate again, like they always are, and wanting to get rid of the only person they figure can stop em. After the 'brotherly reunion', back in Fortuna city, Nero gets confronted by this Vergil bait too and is in the process of getting his ass kicked by it when Dante shows up to lend a hand. Thus begins the game, with a WTF Vergil?! prologue and the legend and the rookie starting off together to investigate.

So here's where my idea gets the weirdest. Heh.

Assuming that Yamato is possesed by the demonic essence of Vergil's spirit - as it seems to be hinting at, what happened to the human half? Like one of those residual hauntings or whatever you see on Ghost Hunters, what if it clung to something as well (his half of the amulet perhaps, I mean what happened to it? Stolen? Lost? Trish was supposed to have it but... it hasn't been seen since the first game.) Anyway, whatever it is, this Vergil bait was created from his human essence. It's weak, of course, and corrupted - but when it comes in contact with the Yamato and the other half of his soul...

Well who knows what could happen, then, eh?
Anyway, as far fetched as it is, if it were a book - I'd read it! :3 They could make it believable, right? X)

Still, I'm not sure if bringing him back whole would be a good move for the series or not. As much as people want him back, what happens next? Maybe he makes a better plot piece (as mentioned above) if he stays dead. But its fun to think about, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom