• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to bring the heavenly realm to DMC 5 : God and angels

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I would like another playable character... Why not turn the 4 characters to 5? That would be a nice limit.

Freddy777

Heavens declare His Glory
Actually there are 6 characters: Dante, Vergil, Nero, Lady, Trish, Lucia.
Although I think I've seen only 5 that were playable.
I haven't seen Lady as a playable character. Yet, I think some have tried.
I don't think that all 6 characters will be used in DMC 5, but it would be great.

Anyways, I too am sticking with a human vessel/angel type playable character.
And this shapshifting idea, I really like it. It opens up many more options to game playing.

Maybe one angel's special ability is too shapeshift into the other playable characters like Dante or Nero.
Just like that Shadow demon that Dante faced in DMC 3.

Freddy777

It is going to take me some time for me to revise and expand on my idea of the origins of DMC, but right now I'm at this "war" against humans and demons before Sparda defeated the demons and sealed the demon world, which is mentioned in DMC 1.

If anyone has any more info. on this "war" b/w the Human world and the Demon world. It would help me a lot.

Meg

What if Credo came back as a bonus playable character in Bloody Palace? That would be cool. And it would be an angelic playable character.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
meg127;271241 said:
What if Credo came back as a bonus playable character in Bloody Palace? That would be cool. And it would be an angelic playable character.

Angelic, yes, but not a true angel. Credo was a demon in the form of an angel, not an actual angel.

Meg

^ Yeah I know. But it'd still be cool. That was my only point.

Freddy777

lady-fantasy-wallpapers_8275_1600x1200.jpg

1194274145.jpg

Fantasy-Women-29131.jpg

I think Azuriel is around here somewhere, eh Dreadnought.

Freddy777

343278_1280428238_large.jpg

Kanuka_The_Ice_and_Fire_Queen_by_Eeren.jpg

214162_1183242465_large.jpg

Find Azuriel!!

Sorry guys. I'm having problems coming up with ideas. So I'm just playing around. Pictures are great though, don't you think?

moseslmpg

How exactly would this angelic character be different from someone like Credo or Lucia, i.e. an angelic demon? I'm asking mainly from a gameplay point of view.

And yes, those pictures are nice. What would a "male" angel look like though?

Freddy777

Ok! This is how I picture my human vessel "Christian" and the Archangel Michael/Tyrael/Dariel/whatever- Top to Bottom.

Sephiroth_CG.png

Archangel+Michael.jpg

warrior-angel-art.jpg

And I think I found Azuriel.

1206596731_470x353_angel-warrior.jpg

Ok. I realize this picture may not be as good as the other girls, but at least this is the only warrior babe that has angel wings. And the sexy outfit suits her.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dude, you'll never believe this, but that's the picture we used for Micheal in Nic's story.

Freddy777

Hey Dreadnought, what did you think of my pictures of women? Do any of them fit what you imagine Azuriel to be?

And which Michael picture did you mean, the top one or bottom one.
Of course I don't know anything about Nic's story, so if you can share with me a summary of his story that would be great.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Freddy777;271584 said:
Hey Dreadnought, what did you think of my pictures of women? Do any of them fit what you imagine Azuriel to be?

And which Michael picture did you mean, the top one or bottom one.
Of course I don't know anything about Nic's story, so if you can share with me a summary of his story that would be great.

I like the one in rather skimpy armor for some reason. She seems really badass.

And the one we used is the one of Micheal standing next to a snowy mountain. We used the other one for a "Altissimus" (highest) angel.

moseslmpg

So, the human vessels look just like Sparda's third son? Shouldn't they have something to differentiate them from a regular half-demon like the twins?

And shouldn't the angels be depicted in a non-conventional way? The only demons that actually looked like a stereotypical demon in DMC were the Abysses and the Goats. The rest don't look like demons at all, and I think the angels would stick out like sore thumbs if they were juse guys with bird wings on their back. It seems cliched.

Freddy777

The picture of "Christian" is not exactly how I picture Christian to be, but it is close to it.
Of course what would be his most distinguishable feature would be his extremely long hair, I'd prefer black hair, and a little more curved, but not to much. And again his outfit would be a cross between a drifter and the assassin's creed guy, with no hood obvoiusly. His cloths would be white and black mixture with hints of red.

Anyways, I think angels just wouldn't be angels without wings.
But if you think that it is a cliche, then I guess the fallen ones of DMC are cliche, for even when one draws the "fallen ones" they are depicted with angelic wings, whether with feathers or batlike/buglike wings, in any picture.

Ok. I hope you like these pictures.

First, the Angel of Water I call Azuriel. That name doesn't exist in any angel dictionary (I think), but since the word azure means blue, then Azuriel will mean "the blue waters of the Lord"
angels.jpg

Second, the Angel of Fire I call Nuriel- Fire of the Lord
excerpt_4E_angel2.jpg

Third, the Angel of Light I call Uriel- God is my Light
Angel%20of%20Light.jpg

Fourth, the Angel of Judgment I call Daniel- God is my Judge
FireAngel2.gif

Lastly, the Angel of Death I call Exequiel- God is my Strength
Exequiel to me sounds like execute.
Alternatively he can be called Azrael- Help of God. In Jewish folklore, he was the angel that parted the soul from the body at death. Azrael is a variant of Azriel- God is my aid
39220-bigthumbnail.jpg

Before I leave, what do you think about angel arms instead of devil arms? ideas anyone

moseslmpg

Freddy777;271611 said:
The picture of "Christian" is not exactly how I picture Christian to be, but it is close to it.
Of course what would be his most distinguishable feature would be his extremely long hair, I'd prefer black hair, and a little more curved, but not to much. And again his outfit would be a cross between a drifter and the assassin's creed guy, with no hood obvoiusly. His cloths would be white and black mixture with hints of red.
Is this for your own fan creation or for the actual series? I think black hair would be better if only to differentiate from the twins. I suppose the vessels have no special feature though, since they were presumably normal humans before.

I'm still not understanding how they would be anything but half demons made of light instead of darkness. They would just be Lucia right? What concrete justification would there to be to separate them from demons?
Anyways, I think angels just wouldn't be angels without wings.
But if you think that it is a cliche, then I guess the fallen ones of DMC are cliche, for even when one draws the "fallen ones" they are depicted with angelic wings, whether with feathers or batlike/buglike wings, in any picture.
Angels don't literally have wings anyway though, since that is a metaphor. And if demons can be demons without horns and wings and goat feet, then angels and be angels without bird wings. Some other type of wings perhaps. I'm just saying if there are going to be angels in a DMC game, they will need the regular DMC twist. Bayonetta did this, for instance, with its angels, where they have their own motif and everything.
First, the Angel of Water I call Azuriel. That name doesn't exist in any angel dictionary (I think), but since the word azure means blue, then Azuriel will mean "the blue waters of the Lord"
I don't think the names work like that, so if you are going with an etymological basis for the names like with the others, it doesn't make sense. It sounds cool, but it has no meaning since the -el is Hebrew.

Anyway, yeah, some of the pics are good. "Daniel" (bad name, too common) is nice and so is Azrael.

As for Angel Arms, what would they actually be? Devil Arms are the concretized souls of, usually, dead demons. Would it make sense for the same thing to happen to angels and for angels to use themselves as weapons? I don't think so. This is why I think if angels are being brought in, they need to be drastically different from demons, not just opposite to them.

Freddy777

"Christian" is just an idea of mine, as well as the others posted in here. I don't think he'll actually be used in the series, although if it did that would be awesome, so this is just a fan creation.
And you misunderstood my human vessel/angel concept. It is just like that of "Supernatural". The human, after being a human vessel, will still be a normal human with cool abilities like Lady. It is when he calls the angel, that his body is used like a channel in order for the angel to interact in the Human world, with the appearance of the angel. So it would be like two people in one body, probably even communicating with each other, but in the "angel state" the angel would be in control of the body. This is what I mean by "Christian" being a human vessel. He is not some half-human, half-demon being, or a half-human, half-angel being. He is completey human and his body will at certain times be used by the angel. Maybe he'll have a mark on his forehead to show that he is a chosen human vessel.

And some angels do have literal wings. If you read the Bible you would know this.
And sure, their wings can be made of other elements or material other than feathers. I have no problem if they put a DMC flavor to it.

And I know that the meaning to the name Azuriel doesn't work that way, but since Azuriel is a made up name, I can give it any meaning I want. Since the first part Azur- sounds like azure and the angel is an angel of water, I gave it the meaning "blue waters" and since -el is God in Hebrew, that is why I gave it the full meaning "the blue waters of the Lord".
It was a hurried work, so I know it might not make sense. If you want, you can help.

And the angel arms thing. That is why I am asking you guys to come up with something since some of you don't want another playable character. Angel arms don't have to be exactly like devil arms.

moseslmpg

Freddy777;271640 said:
"Christian" is just an idea of mine, as well as the others posted in here. I don't think he'll actually be used in the series, although if it did that would be awesome, so this is just a fan creation.
I was under the impression that these ideas were being put forth as something to go in the actual series. I know your ideas are not literally going into the series, but they are meant to fit with the series unless they are part of some alternate DMC interpretation.
And you misunderstood my human vessel/angel concept. It is just like that of "Supernatural". The human, after being a human vessel, will still be a normal human with cool abilities like Lady. It is when he calls the angel, that his body is used like a channel in order for the angel to interact in the Human world, with the appearance of the angel. So it would be like two people in one body, probably even communicating with each other, but in the "angel state" the angel would be in control of the body. This is what I mean by "Christian" being a human vessel. He is not some half-human, half-demon being, or a half-human, half-angel being. He is completey human and his body will at certain times be used by the angel. Maybe he'll have a mark on his forehead to show that he is a chosen human vessel.
I suppose that makes sense, but it would make more sense if the vessel was an empty vessel created to seal the angel's power while on Earth. If it was just a regular human it wouldnt be able to do any cool stuff. I understand what you mean though. Just as long as they don't have white hair, it is good.
And some angels do have literal wings. If you read the Bible you would know this.
And sure, their wings can be made of other elements or material other than feathers. I have no problem if they put a DMC flavor to it.
No they don't. Angels are literally formless and invisible. They don't have literal wings any more than the internet is a literal mesh of string and wire or tubes. If angels had literal wing that they used, they would need air pressure to fly, meaning they could not move outside of Earth's atmosphere, and so forth.
And I know that the meaning to the name Azuriel doesn't work that way, but since Azuriel is a made up name, I can give it any meaning I want. Since the first part Azur- sounds like azure and the angel is an angel of water, I gave it the meaning "blue waters" and since -el is God in Hebrew, that is why I gave it the full meaning "the blue waters of the Lord".
It was a hurried work, so I know it might not make sense. If you want, you can help.
I know, I'm just saying if you are going to go with that kind of formulation of names, you might as well make the other ones badass as well. So no Daniel, but rather Ardoriel or something.
And the angel arms thing. That is why I am asking you guys to come up with something since some of you don't want another playable character. Angel arms don't have to be exactly like devil arms.
I don't know about them then. You could go a few ways with them. I am not partial to any of them.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
For Angel Arms, I was thinking that they could be purified Devil Arms. You take a Devil Arm, replace the demonic soul with essence of light (not a soul, but pure essence) and BAM you have an Angel Arm.

Freddy777

moseslmpg;271653 said:
No they don't. Angels are literally formless and invisible. They don't have literal wings any more than the internet is a literal mesh of string and wire or tubes. If angels had literal wing that they used, they would need air pressure to fly, meaning they could not move outside of Earth's atmosphere, and so forth.

Yes! Some do have literal wings.
And since they are spirits they are invincible, but they are certainly not formless.
Also, since the angels live in the spiritual realm, they are not limited to the physical world. How they use their wings is way different to how actual physical wings work in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom