• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to bring the heavenly realm to DMC 5 : God and angels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddy777

Heavens declare His Glory
Ok! this thread is about discussing how to bring angels and God to the DMC 5 game. This has nothing to do with debating Christian doctrine or changing the DMC game to a "christian" game. This is just about how to present the "heavenly things" in DMC 5.
How should it look like,how should it interact, will God and the angels be passively involved or actively involved, will there be an angelic playable character, etc.
Also, this is not "whether" angels and God should be part of the game, but "how" can it be presented in the game.
DMC games already have many "christian concepts", such as demons, the fallen ones, angelic wings on demons, etc., especially in DMC 3 and 4.
In DMC 4, some of the villains wanted be like angels, surpassing both man and demons, and even Nero mentioned "God" at the end of the game when he was about to face the gigantic statue of the "Savior" saying that he hated that God made his arm this way, but never thought it would be used to destroy the "Savior" Statue.
Anyways, I have some ideas, but I'd like to know what you guys think how we should start this process out.

bobek388

Bobek388
I think that there should be no more playable characters, lady, thrish could be playable but no more new, never seen before player characters.
I don't want DMC to turn into another final fantasy game, with thousands of player characters.

Also I want dante to take care of demons, don't want God to be involved in that, he should stay away and mind his own business.:D
Also, from what I've seen DMC world is God forsaken, God never helped people in the DMC so why he should start doing it now?
And just because Nero said God made his hand like that, doesn't mean he came to his house and started creating his arm, I mention God many times and I don't even believe in him.
And yeah, I would like to be an angel too and surpass people, but does it automatically mean that angels exist?

I think that God should stay away.

Freddy777

I respect your opinion, but I'll say it again. This is not whether God and angels should or shouldn't be in the game. This is about how they can be brought in the game. Come on man, use your imagination. Just because you don't believe in God or angels doesn't mean they can't be part of the game.
I mean, I don't believe demons can ever be Good b/c they're are totally evil, but you don't hear me complaining about that in the game. Nor do I believe that there can be a human/demon hybrid, but I am totally cool about that. This is a fantasy game. Run wild with ideas man. Capcom did say they would tailor the DMC 5 game to what fans want.

moseslmpg

This is discounting the manga, I assume.

Clarify for me: Are you asking how the Heavenly should be introduced to the series, or are you asking how the Heavenly could fit into the series as we know it?

An example of the former would be if Jesus showed up in a level and was like "Yo, for real, son. Peace out." And example of the latter would be explaining why God and the angels haven't been seen and why that is and what they have been doing in the meantime.

Freddy777

Both! Make up a story explaining what thry have been doing and how it can fit into the ongoing story and game play experience.

bobek388

Bobek388
I know!! :D
If good God would need to be in the game, he/she should come to clear world from all demons, even Dante, then Dante would want to stop him, and he would go to heaven or wherever this God would be, he would fight angels, cherubs, seraphims etc. I wonder where all those souls of demons go after death, maybe this good God takes them? If so, Vergil could come back, and help Dante in defeating God (so he could be a playable character).
Then after defeating good God, we could finally say with now doubt that dante and vergil are better than kratos :D
Then, after defeating God, Dante would think that Vergil is on his side, but then when he would find Nero holding his sword, he would get really angry, kill Nero (I never really liked him :D)
Damn I don't know what next xD

But still it doesn't mean I want any good God in the DMC, because for me it makes no sense that after 2000 years of demons getting into the human world, finally he came to do something, and for sure I don't want this God to be Jesus, it would be totally stupid xDD

And by the way what's this thing on your avatar? I've seen it so many times, it looks interesting but I don't even know what it is.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
bobek388;269804 said:
I know!! :D
If good God would need to be in the game, he/she should come to clear world from all demons, even Dante, then Dante would want to stop him, and he would go to heaven or wherever this God would be, he would fight angels, cherubs, seraphims etc. I wonder where all those souls of demons go after death, maybe this good God takes them? If so, Vergil could come back, and help Dante in defeating God (so he could be a playable character).
Then after defeating good God, we could finally say with now doubt that dante and vergil are better than kratos :D
Then, after defeating God, Dante would think that Vergil is on his side, but then when he would find Nero holding his sword, he would get really angry, kill Nero (I never really liked him :D)
Damn I don't know what next xD

I will point out the things that wouldn't work/ I don't like in a list format, then I'll point out my own theory.

1. Dante killing angels = Bayonetta ripoff.

2. Nero dying just because Vergil finds him with "his" sword? And you seem very biased and un-open towards new characters. You thought Vergil was fine, but Nero sucks? What's the problem there?

And my theory: God and his forces have been sealed by the underworld ages ago, which is why they haven't been able to do anything. In DMC5, Dante figures this out from a tip by a former, fallen angel and goes to unseal God with Nero's help to defeat Mundus, who is trying to make a come-back faster than he should.

moseslmpg

In what sense is that God at all then, if he can be sealed away? By some lowly demons too, I assume?

Fred, does my Jesus example then not work? TBH, I think DMC and Heaven are like oil and water, so I don't think there is a way to bring it in without things becoming ridiculous.

For my edification, define God, angels, and Heaven as acceptable in this thread.

bobek388

Bobek388
DreadnoughtDT;269805 said:
I will point out the things that wouldn't work/ I don't like in a list format, then I'll point out my own theory.

1. Dante killing angels = Bayonetta ripoff.

2. Nero dying just because Vergil finds him with "his" sword? And you seem very biased and un-open towards new characters. You thought Vergil was fine, but Nero sucks? What's the problem there?

And my theory: God and his forces have been sealed by the underworld ages ago, which is why they haven't been able to do anything. In DMC5, Dante figures this out from a tip by a former, fallen angel and goes to unseal God with Nero's help to defeat Mundus, who is trying to make a come-back faster than he should.

I think that Vergil was the best and Nero sucks because they are two much different characters, not because Nero/s new.
And Dante never was on any God's side so there would be nothing strange if Dante would fight angels, especially if God would want to clear the world of the demons, and kill Dante too.

bobek388

Bobek388
moseslmpg;269806 said:
In what sense is that God at all then, if he can be sealed away? By some lowly demons too, I assume?

Fred, does my Jesus example then not work? TBH, I think DMC and Heaven are like oil and water, so I don't think there is a way to bring it in without things becoming ridiculous.

For my edification, define God, angels, and Heaven as acceptable in this thread.

I agree with you completely, I'm saying how could we bring good God to the game just because Freddy wanted to know that in this thread. But I hope there will be no good God in the DMC.

Freddy777

Alright, if you guys are done mocking the possibility of God and angels being in the game, I guess I'll start by throwing out an idea.

Since we know that in the DMC story the human world and demon world used to be united, but separated because of the many differences b/w the worlds, I could start by saying though there is light in the human world, it was contaminated by the darkness of the demon world, thus there was evil, suffering, pain, and death in the human world. Because of this, those in the heavenly realm couldn't interact with the human world because it was corrupted. Yet, b/c God is light and good he wishes to help the human world, so He sends angels with righteous humans as their vessels to defeat demons throughout the ages(which is an untold story of DMC). Sort of like the series "Supernatural" (if you ever saw or heard of it) where two brothers Dean and Sam fight demons with the help of an angel named Castiel who uses a human vessel to enter the human world. This is one idea.

uu! Dreadnought already threw an idea. Welcome friend.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You're quite welcome Fred. I think I'm the only one who's done something on topic besides you. Everything else seems like argumentative BS.

Freddy777

I'm sorry moses, I can't define that for you. If I do then we'll be arguing over definitions of God, angels, and Heaven.
And we'll totally forget the topic which how can we present these things in DMC 5. Just throw out ideas and we'll hammer it out together.

bobek388

Bobek388
DreadnoughtDT;269813 said:
You're quite welcome Fred. I think I'm the only one who's done something on topic besides you. Everything else seems like argumentative BS.

Just because we disagree with you doesn't mean we've done nothing, everyone post their opinion.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Bayonetta lol...I swear it was a ripoff from DMC in the first place and replaced Demons with Angels. (Mind you, it wasn't that bad of a game to play though...)

Anyways, back onto the topic. Angels and Demons huh? There are may different ways to portray angels...some are portrayed as heavenly beings and others corrupt (a bad god?). It can spin off in many different directions. Who knows...maybe a God or several Gods (holy beings w/e) are playing something akin to a giant game of chess with the entire world. Waiting for the right time to make a move and give humanity a ray of hope that wages into a war against hybrids and full-fledged demons.

Yeah, as if that will ever happen...it's just an opinion, nothing more.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, I thought Moses was a joke and I forgot about yours even though I replied to it. >_< Sorry, I'm tired tonight.

Freddy777

I have another idea in connection with my first one. How about, during Dante's childhood he befriends a traveling good samaritan named "Christian" or whatever other good name. This guy later gets attacked by a demon and Dante thinks he died, but he survives the attack somehow and an angel (not just any angel, but the General of all angels) Archangel Michael appears and makes a deal with Christian to make him Michael's vessel. In DMC 5 Christian's appearance will surprise Dante and will frequently help him throughout the game and Michael will finally reveal himself to Dante and Nero or Vergil in order to help them defeat Mundus once and for all.

I have more, but I'll let this stir your minds for a while.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
That sounds like a good idea but I have a feeling the info to reveal something such as that out of the blue would cause more even more mass confusion to the series since Nero came into the picture.

If angels were to be a part of the DMC series at all...somehow a corrupt God or something that made a pact with Underworld and is planning on a mass invasion to gain the throne of Heaven...but even then, it would stir trouble for Capcom. Only because how would they fit dual worlds into the storyline when Demons have ruled the storyline for so long?

Freddy777

You are probably right Faustinasa, this could cause more confusion, but the risks are sometimes worth it b/c it could liven the DMC series and even expand its universe, not just humans and demons, but to angels and God.
And I know the focus of the DMC 5 game should be, at least to me, to explain Nero's past and/or Vergil's past and what is next for them. And lets not forget about Dante, above all. It should explain what happened to Dante after ending up in Hell and whether he ever gets out.
But putting these things aside, the DMC 5 game should be able to come up with new material, and that's why I think adding God and angels to the story can give an interesting twist to the DMC story.

Freddy777

Alright friends, its getting late, so let me switch from storytelling to gameplay.
If there is going to be a Christian/Archangel Michael playable character, I'd like for the human vessel Christian to look like a mix between a drifter and the Assassin's creed guy. He'd have "Krav Maga" martial arts skills and a stylish longsword with dual M&P15-22 pistols, similar to Lady's in DMC 3. He'd have a Trickster/Swordmaster style mix. And instead of a Devil trigger he'd have a sort of "Angel trigger" where Archangel Michael would reveal himself as an armored angel of light. When Michael unleashes his power it consumes the longsword in fire and the two pistols are consumed in spheres of light that shoots rapid bursts of light. All his abilities are enhanced just like in Devil trigger mode.
Anyways, this is just a start. I'm no artist though it would hard for me to paint it for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom