• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How much longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Dante Aseroth;122043 said:
To be more honest, Final Fantasy is way more epic than Devil May Cry is, and can get. I'm a Devil May Cry fan, my real name's Dante, but Final Fantasy is the best video-game on history.

I surely want the demon-slaying saga to spawn its lifespan as long as a human in modern days, but It can't be compared to Final Fantasy. It's like comparing a Ferrari Enzo with a lame VW Golf MKII.
I beg to differ.

Finalfantasy can be compared with this:

I have a 13 cups of blue water, k?

Every cup I add one new color and call them different and better.

There you go.

Oops, my bad, I didn't catch the above posts about it being over. :D

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
People will buy into a franchise years after it becomes stale and crap - purely because the fan part of them sets in and they will happily part with cash to be part of some weird commnity of people who don't know when to let go...

So even if DMC goes on and on and on and gets so formulaic and dire, it will still retain a fanbase and some popularity...

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Angel;122287 said:
People will buy into a franchise years after it becomes stale and crap - purely because the fan part of them sets in and they will happily part with cash to be part of some weird commnity of people who don't know when to let go...

So even if DMC goes on and on and on and gets so formulaic and dire, it will still retain a fanbase and some popularity...

Like Dynasty Warriors :lol:

Sparda™

BringerOfChaos;122280 said:
I beg to differ.

Finalfantasy can be compared with this:

I have a 13 cups of blue water, k?

Every cup I add one new color and call them different and better.

There you go.

Oops, my bad, I didn't catch the above posts about it being over. :D

Each Final Fantasy is more different, yet has more depth than Devil May Cry can ever have.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Dante Aseroth;122295 said:
Each Final Fantasy is more different, yet has more depth than Devil May Cry can ever have.
Story, yes.

Gameplay, no.

That being said, FinalFantasties gameplay my be more favorable to you; where as I favor DMC's gameplay more.

I would like to ask you can we drop this? And I would like to also say(while we're on it) that Sephiroth is the only man I'd gay-out for!:lol:

Sparda™

BringerOfChaos;122331 said:
Story, yes.

Gameplay, no.

That being said, FinalFantasties gameplay my be more favorable to you; where as I favot DMC's gameplay more.

I would like to ask you can we drop this? And I would like to also say(while we're on it) that Sephiroth is the only man I'd gay-out for!:lol:

Gameplay is different...One is RPG, the other is Action/Adventure/Hack-and-slash.

And...:lol:...What about Genesis?!:lol:

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Dante Aseroth;122332 said:
Gameplay is different...One is RPG, the other is Action/Adventure/Hack-and-slash.

And...:lol:...What about Genesis?!:lol:
Genesis? I'm afraid, no.

But if Cloud threw in a whig and a couple of shots we'd have a chance.:lol:

Keaton

Premium
^I don't even need to explain why thats off-topic !_!;

As for DMC's life, it will live.
Unlike so many other games which struggle to maintain quality after a sequel, DMC has only gotten better with each game.

I'm not going to touch the Final Fantasy debate, mainly because I love both series, and as to which series is 'deeper' or has better gameplay is entrely down to what YOU like.

I enjoy DMC's story alot more than 80% of the Final Fantasy's ones...but on the other hand, there are absolute classics in FF that excel hundreds of thousands of games so I'm on par there, but my view, opinion...whatnot :D

Personally, I hope both FF and PARTICUALLY DMC continue on for a good few more adventures...although, I'd hate to have DMC getting stale :(

Succubus

I won't have any problem if it continues.I already love and will continue to love it.But I wouldn't want Dante to be replaced by some other Demon Guy.

Sparda™

In fact, I can see the next Devil May Cry going on three directions...My thoughts, always.

1 - Sparda
2 - Post-DMC2 storyline
3 - Post-DMC1 Vergil

I really don't see the next game revolving around Nero.

Zato-OW

King
If any I would choose choice 3 in your list. DMC2 is said to be in the very far future and I don't think Capcom is really ready to release a Sparda game. Nero is the new guy and we know almost nothing about him except for key details. In DMC5 they need to actually go to hell and face demons. I'm sick of the same story-line dealing with humans and their lust for power and trying to be Sparda.

Succubus

Like the return of Vergil or if they go really in hell they should meet him.I just hope there's more Dante.In DMC4 you don't even play half of the game with Dante only 6 mission and that disappointed me.I'd like to learn more about Nero but not as him being the main character.
I'd like to see some fresh ideas in DMC5 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom