• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
For what?

For being a really good, fun as hell game.

Itsuno is just a craftsman. It's been 18 years but he still can't outshine Kamiya.

The fact that he doesn't use QTE and keeps making the most technical action games with his DMCs alone are more than enough for me to rate it above Kamiya. You'd be surprised by how many people think the same too.

Also, Platinum Games doesn't get the same praise and sales simply because not all their games are as good, simple as that. For example, their Transformers, Ninja Turtle and MGR too received a lot of criticism in that regard and ironically (given your thoughts on DMC5), one of the major complaints about the recent titles like the former two was that they play way to similarly, without the benefit of being as fun as they could have been.

To me Platinum Games is a company that pretty much lives off of Bayonetta's fame, and that's the only franchise of theirs that actually stands out. Even Bayonetta 2 didn't sit well with a fair number of fans btw.

Is this series turning into Star Wars

No. Star Wars has been churning out bad movie after bad movie and it ain't stopping. DMC5 is damn good.

And besides, I'm sorry but if you haven't played the game you have 0 right to talk about its gameplay feeling the exact same as DMC4. There are new mechanics in DMC5, which you wouldn't know about unless you play it.

For starters, the entirety of V.
Also, while there are indeed weapons returning from past games, they all have a plethora of new moves or even new forms. And mechanics. The gauntlets have two separate modes and Ignition, Cerberus is multi-formed and has Just Frames now, Cavaliere is completely new and has Grind Wheel, DSD is a thing giving Dante summoned swords that function differently compared to Vergil and Nero's, Sin DT etc etc, you get the gist.
Nero has a whole new mechanics of his own too in his Devil Breakers.

I find your criticism inherently superficial and (not intended in an offensive manner, but rather a literal one) quite ignorant.

Last edited:

AngelEyes

Dressed To Kill
Is this series turning into Star Wars and Sonic games because you can't let it go? What if DMC 6 will be the same as 4 and 5? I am concerned that Capcom will get less sales and stop making new sequels.

If you didn't play it why worry there will be no part 6?

Last edited:

Anton Clemens

If you didn't play it why worry there will be no part 6?
There will be DMC 6. I'm just wondering how many people are going to buy it if it looks just like DMC 5? How many sequels does it take to make people sick of the franchise?
Wake me up in twenty years and ask me what is going on in this forum. I'll say people are waiting for DMC 9 where Dante fights Vergil in a retirement home over the last diaper and Nero tries to stop them while dealing with his prostate cancer.

Last edited:

AngelEyes

Dressed To Kill
Beats me. I doubt it will even last as long as something like Sonic, where it's so old that the current fan base has never known anything but a stream of garbage. This isn't Megaman, numbered franchises just don't last that long. Better to enjoy the dizzying highs while they last instead of getting all weird and tying yourself in knots about it. You just said you were concerned they would get less sales.... but you voted No with your wallet? Eh?

Also, while there are indeed weapons returning from past games, they all have a plethora of new moves or even new forms. And mechanics. The gauntlets have two separate modes and Ignition, Cerberus is multi-formed and has Just Frames now, Cavaliere is completely new and has Grind Wheel, DSD is a thing giving Dante summoned swords that function differently compared to Vergil and Nero's, Sin DT etc etc, you get the gist.
Nero has a whole new mechanics of his own too in his Devil Breakers.

Gotta say I love all of this stuff.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Why would people be sick of the franchise? We’ve been waiting for this game for 11 friggin’ years. If we were sick of DMC we wouldn’t be here still.

In all honesty if you don’t like the game or the story then that’s fine. But I do agree with @Foxtrot94 if you haven’t played the game how can you comment on the gameplay? That doesn’t make sense.

DMC 5 has been smashing it with fans, reviews and sales. So yeah there will be a DMC 6 and obviously fans aren’t as sick of the franchise as you claim.

AngelEyes

Dressed To Kill
Mechanics, talking about mechanics it's all good. There's a lot of stuff I barely scratched the surface with, can't wait for Bloody Palace.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Your posts aren’t really adding much to the conversation though as you haven’t even played the game. You’ve made it clear you don’t like it and never plan on playing it so at this point anything you say just sounds like complaining for the sake of complaining.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Anton clemens

If a formula works and ain't broke why change it that drastically

If you want something different to 4 then play DmC lad

No offense but nobody is making u buy DMC5 , u watched cutscenes and gameplay

That's like seeing food on the television and going that's disgusting without trying it

DMC5 has a lot of subtle extras in the moveset and is quite expanded upon over 4 , the only thing that's a major step back is guard flying

Everything else is there and works fantastic

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
This art is ****ing awesome.

devil_may_cry_5__dante_by_anubisdhl_dd2x5d4-pre.jpg

Top Bottom