• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Sorry my bad didn't realise u had not beat the game

As a clear bonus u can equip sparda sword , rebellion and devil sword Dante all together or whichever u want[\spoiler]

Goldsickle

Is there any timing sensitive summoning for Nightmare when you play as Gary V?
I saw a video where Nidhogg was doing his spinning charge attack but the player summoned Nightmare at that moment, causing Nightmare to crash into Nidhogg like a meteor, stopping the charge.

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
Completed it yesterday. Overall i enjoyed it. Wasn't really a fan of this Nero and the arm business when you run out.

What are peoples negatives with 5?

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Completed it yesterday. Overall i enjoyed it. Wasn't really a fan of this Nero and the arm business when you run out.

What are peoples negatives with 5?
I think it's to linear, the level design are not inspired as the previous installment and something about the ending didn't convince me... The overall tone of the game was dark and misterious but the last two level where a bit too lower down in tone and cartoonist... Vergil: if I beat nero than be default I would have beat you too, agree dante?
Dante: yeah I don't really care
What the hell? Is a child skirmish now not an epic rivalry like dmc 3

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Vergil getting a doppleganger like his DmC counterpart actually annoyed me to be honest, but his moveset was good

Hopefully that wasn't all of it showcased , and we get to play with an expanded one with more moves in bloody palace

Possibly with force edge and beowolf

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The doppleganger was only one of my complaints. The animations for Rapid Slash, Aerial Rave, Helm Breaker, the launcher and the ground combos, even those for when he gets hit, staggered and juggled look taken straight from DmC and that Vergil, in terms of flavor, was a far cry from the precise, "cut and dry" swordsman from DMC3. These animations make him look like a clumsy amateur.
They fit DmC Vergil, but not this one.

Thank God at least Judgment Cut and Judgment Cut End retain some of those badass DMC3 vibes.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
In reality vergil animation are the same as devil may cry 4 they are not takeb from the dmc vergil but from the gameplay of vergil from dmc 4 special edition, also i think it s nice to have vergil like this right now, it fit better the gameplay of dmc 5

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
My negatives with DMC5 are:
- not being able to switch Devil Breakers without destroying the one you have equipped
- not being able to pause cutscenes
- Vylo Ren's clunky combat mechanics
I agree with these, as well as a few extra irks of my own:
- Story is kinda bleh.
- Repetitive level design.
- Combat doesn't feel like it's evolved much 4.
- Not being able to play levels with other characters (outside of a couple of Grim Grip sections, there really isn't an excuse why this couldn't be done).
- V is a wasted character slot. He could've just been an NPC and give his levels to someone more interesting.
- Speaking of wasted, Lady and Trish do virtually nothing aside from being naked.

That's all I can think of for right now.

DarkSlayer54

Only one battle song at a time per character (jukebox)
Can't play whole game as Dante
Nero and V significantly less fun (only play them when the game forces me to)
Failure is delayed, can't immediately just retry
Style rank degrades
Gold orbs don't repopulate after beating the game
Too many gold orbs in first playthrough
Not enough item variety
Limited environment variety
Dante's control scheme

I think that's it for the most part. Can't think of anything else that annoyed me, but not having Dante be a campaign wide thing is definitely a big issue.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Can you imagine how cool it would be of you could take full control of shadow or griffon yourself , as in possess them instead of just tapping a button and inputs for moves

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
My one complaint about the game so far is that attempting to open Photo Mode during those slo-mo kills just cancels the kill animation entirely. Kinda BS that the most photogenic parts of the game are also the ones you can't reliably snapshot. lol

Top Bottom