• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
7iFQQkg.jpg

Find this on Instagram... Perfect family
Also nero its like Gohan from dbz, the protagonist it's always goku that is dante here, Gohan it s not pointless but many time need goku help... Also dmc 5 went in development in 2014 so it take 5 years to make, 11 years passed from 4 because the dmc series was paused and than rebooted, 5 years is acceptable to make a game like this

Last edited:

Goldsickle

V's gameplay suffers so much from that "Press R1 to walk slowly" flaw.

I instinctively release lock-on to run and then re-establish lock-on, only to focus on the wrong enemy and keep cycling through them, which is bad when you're under attack.

I can't focus on three things at a time, so I tend to get into situations where I just don't see the enemy attacking.

Why do Japanese developers have to be so damn "unique"?
I mean, keep the themes and style unique, not the controls.

BoBo

He looks like Beethoven. Except for the age of the twins they're really going for the who DMC1 reference.

latest

Duuuuude it's been AGES since I last saw that image! Brings back memories of a time long since past heh.

I must've beaten DMC1 around 50 times. Beat it in DMD as well - back in the ps2 days when there were no trophies. I loved the game that much! DMC3 and 5 are good games, but DMC1 is still the best DMC after all these years in my humble opinion

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Remake DMC1 , With the same combat but more moves and faster paced

Better controls camera and visuals too

And Reuben Langdon, but reading the same script and lines as the va from back then

Please capcom, IL give you a kidney it you do

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Remake DMC1 , With the same combat but more moves and faster paced

Better controls camera and visuals too

And Reuben Langdon, but reading the same script and lines as the va from back then

Please capcom, IL give you a kidney it you do
Hmm...I'm not sure it would work as DMC1 is a completely different beast from a different time. It was a lot slower paced for that was part of its general aesthetic as it was born from the horror based RE franchise.

Whereas DMC5 is very streamlined, they completely removed all the puzzles from the previous game (I didn't even notice until somebody pointed that out to me) and in general is much faster paced.

As a result, methinks that Capcom want to cater to want fans want which I'd reckon would be more of DMC5 style. The reason RE2 Remake worked so much was that people wanted a return to the roots but I doubt that many people would want to go back to DMC1. And at that point, if you're basically having to change the entire game, you might as well be better off just making a DMC6 as that would probably be a better investment. Just my two cents.

Vergil95

Hmm...I'm not sure it would work as DMC1 is a completely different beast from a different time. It was a lot slower paced for that was part of its general aesthetic as it was born from the horror based RE franchise.

Whereas DMC5 is very streamlined, they completely removed all the puzzles from the previous game (I didn't even notice until somebody pointed that out to me) and in general is much faster paced.

As a result, methinks that Capcom want to cater to want fans want which I'd reckon would be more of DMC5 style. The reason RE2 Remake worked so much was that people wanted a return to the roots but I doubt that many people would want to go back to DMC1. And at that point, if you're basically having to change the entire game, you might as well be better off just making a DMC6 as that would probably be a better investment. Just my two cents.
You have completely right, also re2 remake compared to the original was an half failure if you ask me

Vergil95

They could redo the graphics , keep the gameplay and everything intact and keep it at 30fps

Just be a graphical remake like gears of war Ultimate edition was over the original
Yes or like shadow of the colossus, that it practically the same but with upgraded graphic, no need to be 30 fps since the HD is 60 if I remembere well and it's fine

Last edited:

BoBo

They could redo the graphics , keep the gameplay and everything intact and keep it at 30fps

Just be a graphical remake like gears of war Ultimate edition was over the original

I too was thinkin that a DMC1 remake would be a good move before DMC6. A graphical overhaul would do the trick, as u guys suggested.

This would also open the door to the DMC universe for the newcomers.. Do eet capcom!

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I would also have brought back 2 things from older games to DMC5 if I could

Wall run for trickster from DMC3 for Dante

and the acrobatic flips etc from DMC2 for either Dante or Nero

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I would also have brought back 2 things from older games to DMC5 if I could

Wall run for trickster from DMC3 for Dante

and the acrobatic flips etc from DMC2 for either Dante or Nero

Damn. They didn’t bring the cool acrobatic flips back from DMC 2?

That is a shame.

Vergil95

I actually quite like the wall running and flipping in 2 , probably in the minority though
It's fun to do but pretty useless in term of gameplay since you have trickster now... You can climb enemy in 5 like dante climb wall in dmc 2 by pressing the style button near enemy

DarkSlayer54

I would love a reimagining of DMC1 instead. Same core ideas, but instead of branching out into what DMC3 was... Move in the other direction.

More about enemies being puzzles in their own right, comparatively slower paced than DMC5, and having an emphasis on atmosphere.

My biggest concern with DMC6 is that it'll be DMC5 1/2. I want them to go back to the roots and try something new, much like DmC. Sure, come back to DMC5s gameplay in 4-5 years, but I want the next one to be a different experience.

Top Bottom