• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
They can leave through a rift again I'm sure or figure some way out yep

I believe Nero saying they couldn't come back was for dramatic purpose, and as he doesn't know yamatos full capabilities

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I just realized Dante's fate didn't change. It takes place after two so this means this is Dante's second time getting stuck in hell. Only difference is he has his brother now
Edit: Vergil has the Yamato can't they leave at any time?
I think they can't come back, maybe because they can't open a portal for both of them, since dante in the dmc 5 novel say that in order for some powerful demon to pass trough the demon world it needs a big portal with enormous power, maybe yamato can't open a portal to let them both pass... But just my assumption... Maybe they just didnt want to return or they can't open a portal from hell with yamato

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Vergil could send Dante back then , or they could find a rift again

And they destroyed the hell gates in fortuna but I doubt that's every hellgate on earth

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Think they'll have to deal with mundus since he's locked in the underworld Last we heard. Not that he'll stand much of a chance against Dante and Vergil as they are now. That could be the plot for the next game?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I kind of hope if Mundus comes back that he escapes the underworld and Dante and Vergil can't follow

So it's up to Nero to fight him in a grueling fight

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Mundus’ portal itself would be enough to get Dante and Vergil out. But imagine if they didn’t get through it in time and Nero was left to face Mundus on his own. Would be pretty cool.

Vergil95

I hope they find a new villain for Nero in dmc 6, since mundus had his moment, and Nero had nothing to do with him in term of story... We need a new villain, enough with this human who want to be demon like arius, arkham, sid (well he is a lesser demon but his goal its practically the same as the one I mentioned before) and sactus, and vergil was already over used, we need something new

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Something new is cool but they need to be Mundus level or above

Nero has to prove himself and become legendary still

And he cant properly do that unless it's against a huge threat

Even in DMC5 it was Dante who beat urizen and then urizen after he ate the fruit , and fought and weakened Vergil

Giving Nero the chance to fight him on a more even ground

So DMC6 needs a powerful enemy for Nero , and truth be told Mundus off what we know is below urizen , the same urizen that found the sparda sword and it's power obsolete

Vergil95

Something new is cool but they need to be Mundus level or above

Nero has to prove himself and become legendary still

And he cant properly do that unless it's against a huge threat

Even in DMC5 it was Dante who beat urizen and then urizen after he ate the fruit , and fought and weakened Vergil

Giving Nero the chance to fight him on a more even ground

So DMC6 needs a powerful enemy for Nero , and truth be told Mundus off what we know is below urizen , the same urizen that found the sparda sword and it's power obsolete
Yes Mundus is pretty pretty weake now compared to vergil and Dante, probably not nero, since he is strong but I will put him between dmc 3 dante end and dmc 1 dante start

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'd put him at DMC 1 Dante level in general , his new DT gaining him a lot of ground from his powers in 4 and 5 up til he unlocked it

Probably on par with Alastor dt Dante or rebellion dt if he used that instead of force edge

But Nero is nowhere near the sparda dt level

Last edited:

Vergil95

I'd put him at DMC 1 Dante level in general , his new DT gaining him a lot of ground from his powers in 4 and 5 up til he unlocked it

Probably on par with Alastor dt Dante or rebellion dt if he used that instead of force edge

But Nero is nowhere near the sparda dt level
Yes, nero it's still a kid probably who knows he will never became a legend like dante and sparda probably, I hope they will find some other story for him

Goldsickle

Someone else probably has posted this but damn, the DMC1 nostalgia engulfing me when I had to rematch with Griffon, Shadow and Nightmare, complete with remixed soundtracks of their encounters.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Honestly i wouldn't want Nero to fight Mundus. He's too defined by his connection to Sparda/Dante/Vergil etc so i rather he find his own path.

Granted I'm not even sure Dante/Vergil should fight him.

I rather they face a new threat.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
With urizen and the tree gone there isn't anyone left powerful enough to challenge Dante now

Which is why the torch will be passed to Nero

Vergil95

With urizen and the tree gone there isn't anyone left powerful enough to challenge Dante now

Which is why the torch will be passed to Nero
We don't know if there are demon more powerful than urizen and dante... Devil may cry 1 put mundus as the strongest and look now after 19 years since its release we had argosax, Abigail, vergil urizen ecc... All more powerful than mundus... Who knows what they can make... Also the dmc anime talk about 4 powerful demon who stand in the demon world who want to rule the underworld since mundus disappearance...

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Abigail was said to be on par with Mundus in the anime, just in raw not above

Also Mundus had way more powers than she had

Argosax was a joke, and dante defeated the despair embodied

Urizen claimed the throne of king of hell , where were those said demons since mallet island to take the throne

And if Mundus was emperor, and they weren't able to beat him to take the throne I doubt they will be a threat

Plus they have been handing Nero the reigns since 4 , I highly doubt a big bad that needs Dante to come whoop their ass will happen in 6

Nero needs to be earth's protector now , if Dante has to keep saving him and everybody's ass , then Nero is pointless as a protagonist moving forward

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
You know, I hope Capcom has learned their lesson with having Itsuno direct a DMC game. He's directed four DMC games. DMC2, DMC3, DMC4, and DMC5. DMC3 and DMC5 are masterpieces. DMC2 (which he was brought in late for) was terrible, and DMC4 (which Capcom rushed and ultimately forced them to release half done) was good but lacking. They gotta be patient and give Itsuno all the time he needs

Top Bottom