• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

berto

I Saw the Devil
Proverbs of Hell
William Blake, 1757 - 1827
From "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.
Drive your cart and your plow over the bones of the dead.
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
Prudence is a rich ugly old maid courted by Incapacity.
He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence.
The cut worm forgives the plow.
Dip him in the river who loves water.
A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees.
He whose face gives no light, shall never become a star.
Eternity is in love with the productions of time.
The busy bee has no time for sorrow.
The hours of folly are measur'd by the clock, but of wisdom: no clock can measure.
All wholsom food is caught without a net or a trap.
Bring out number weight & measure in a year of dearth.
No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.
A dead body, revenges not injuries.
The most sublime act is to set another before you.
If the fool would persist in his folly he would become wise.
Folly is the cloke of knavery.
Shame is Prides cloke.

Oh, my God. William Blake? V goes around quoting Blake? What an emo wanker. The only way he'd be more of a tosser would be if he'd chosen Edgar Allan Poe.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
What kind of smile is this?
1538159344305.jpg
When you trigger but she keeps pulling

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Regarding @Goldsickle 's post about changing Trish = Eva, casting is tricky and ultimately Eva is rarely used so i don't think it's that big a deal' .

Regarding the spoiler rumors @berto posted- they are interesting.

Some sounds too good to be true, some fake, some plausible etc.

I'm hoping the stuff with V ends up happening, he's the character I'm most interested in.

berto

I Saw the Devil
A thought occurred to me, though maybe I’m jus being slow and everyone already figured this out. So those named Angelo, like Nelo Cavalier, are others trapped inside of a demon but we’ve always known that Vergil wasn’t trapped inside of Nelo Angelo, he is Nelo Angelo. In the same fashion I don’t think Trish is trapped inside of of Cavalier in the traditional sense, I think she is Cavalier. She powers it, she moves it, she wears it, but her consciousness, her self awareness, is locked away, the same way Vergil’s was, but having experience with these things Dante doesn’t have to trigger a memory or such. He knows who she is and he knows what to do now.

It might also explain who those Nelo Looking moffos around are. Maybe they’re demons who tried to beat the demon king but failed. They could also just be humans from the city that somehow fit, like cops or soldiers, who knows.

Anyhow, just a theory.

DarkSlayerVergil

A thought occurred to me, though maybe I’m jus being slow and everyone already figured this out. So those named Angelo, like Nelo Cavalier, are others trapped inside of a demon but we’ve always known that Vergil wasn’t trapped inside of Nelo Angelo, he is Nelo Angelo. In the same fashion I don’t think Trish is trapped inside of of Cavalier in the traditional sense, I think she is Cavalier. She powers it, she moves it, she wears it, but her consciousness, her self awareness, is locked away, the same way Vergil’s was, but having experience with these things Dante doesn’t have to trigger a memory or such. He knows who she is and he knows what to do now.

It might also explain who those Nelo Looking moffos around are. Maybe they’re demons who tried to beat the demon king but failed. They could also just be humans from the city that somehow fit, like cops or soldiers, who knows.

Anyhow, just a theory.
I know thiers already a thread for this but I'm still excited if it's true:
6hVUMSzh.jpg

DarkSlayerVergil

Her lips aren’t blue, the inside of her mouth is glowing blue. The skin tones are similar, though, so possibly. If this is a game for the fans, and with how much has already gone into it.
It does seem to on the nose to not be Lucia with all we've learned so far same as the whole Dante and Lady thing.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Her lips aren’t blue, the inside of her mouth is glowing blue. The skin tones are similar, though, so possibly. If this is a game for the fans, and with how much has already gone into it.

I've looked at the scene in 025x speed many times and it doesn't look like she opens her mouth and it appears to be the glisten on her lips and not her teeth. They also have very similar facial structure.

Yeah, I figured as much for a few of these.
The one thing I am hoping for is that setting up your load out isn’t restricted to the chapter screen. I want to be able alter it on the pause menu, too.

It is probably like DMC3 and only during Divinity Statues.

If Nero can't change his damn arms without going to Nico's shop let alone their order of release why would they give Dante that privilege. He already can change between his weapons freely and giving him another advantage over Nero would just render Nero even more obsolete (and he is supposed to be the main character)

Top Bottom