• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

berto

I Saw the Devil
Dante's weapons are getting stupider and stupider...
I think this is that super expensive item they were talking about. An extra, not a main weapon. For the sounds of it it's made for halo farming, or, in this case, orb farming. You put some in, the better you do the more your return. Anyway, until someone releases that full conference we won't know what exactly the deal is, but, either way, you don't have to use anything you don't want to. You don't even have to cycle passed it if you don't want.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Cerberus was cool but i rather Agni and Rudra or Nevan popped up as they have more interesting dynamics with Dante. But Cerberus having elemental forms seems cool.

I like the hat and scarf thing but i wish he threw the hat at someone and it comes back ( like mario's hat from oddysey).

berto

I Saw the Devil
Dante's weapons are getting stupider and stupider...
Hey
q:80

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
i wish he threw the hat at someone and it comes back

Didn't he do just that at 0:24?

But yeah that weapon is cool, can't wait to Michael Jackson those demons back to hell with that. After I Bruce Lee the heck outta them with Cerberus. :cool:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think this is that super expensive item they were talking about. An extra, not a main weapon. For the sounds of it it's made for halo farming, or, in this case, orb farming. You put some in, the better you do the more your return. Anyway, until someone releases that full conference we won't know what exactly the deal is, but, either way, you don't have to use anything you don't want to. You don't even have to cycle passed it if you don't want.

Oh, was it? I thought they said that was a super fancy taunt. Granted, I didn't pay much attention to that discussion because it was mostly conjecture about the orbs and "economy." I suppose that sure as hell looks like taunts, either way.

Hey
q:80

Literally? No. I saw this **** on twitter, and it's moronic that people have completely lost all semblance of context of that entire presentation. The whole thing was about the art direction of the game, and talking about how the highly stylized Dante didn't fit with real world, western aesthetics. So there's a slide depicting Dante, wearing his stupid chaps-wearing bullshit, in an award-winning film about actual, contemporary, salt-of-the-earth cowboys. Could they have chosen any other movie? Sure! And they did, there was slides of him in Fight Club and such, and hey, this is what they went with.

The irony of it all is now DMC5 is giving us heavily realistic character designs, where Dante himself is literally just wearing a red leather coat, a sweatshirt, and jeans and boots, like a normal dude. No red vests and red leather pants; no straps, no buckles, and no dumb leather chaps.

It is unfathomably stupid that people think Ninja Theory was somehow insinuating that Dante was...what? Gay? Like, everyone who is ****ed about this is sort of insinuating that being gay is bad, because "how dare they put Dante in the gay cowboy movie," right? It's a lot of leaps in logic, and it shows how utterly shameful the fanbase could get.

And also - how does a fedora and Michael Jackson-inspired moves equate to Dante's render in a shot from a movie about cowboys falling in love? Thinking that the devs have any kind of ill-will towards NT is some true, conspiracy theorist hate-on stroking.

Westhawk

Weird and hard to master weapons
DMC3 Nevan
DMC4 Lucifer
DMC5 Faust hat (is it a gun like pandora because it was equipped with rebellion?)

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh, was it? I
I don't know. I'm guessing. It's still too early in the game to say so but it seems to me like it.

Literally? No. I saw this **** on twitter, and it's moronic that people have completely lost all semblance of context of that entire presentation. The whole thing was about the art direction of the game, and talking about how the highly stylized Dante didn't fit with real world, western aesthetics.
Oh, It's just a joke. Not an actual assault on the presentation back then or a critique on the new weapon.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

So Nero killed Nico's dad? :eek: I guess the rumor of her being Agnus's kid could be true after all.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Weird and hard to master weapons
DMC3 Nevan
DMC4 Lucifer
DMC5 Faust hat (is it a gun like pandora because it was equipped with rebellion?)

Or perhaps it's like having Rebellion and Beowulf equipped at the same time, or how if you have Artemis equipped, that thing is on your arm the whole time.

I'll tell yah what, though. It looked real funky that the nunchucks were on his back, instead of his waist, like before.

I don't know. I'm guessing. It's still too early in the game to say so but it seems to me like it.

Oh, It's just a joke. Not an actual assault on the presentation back then or a critique on the new weapon.

Apologies man. I saw someone on twitter barfing about it before, got my hackles up. It's still one of the dumbest complaints to come out of DmC's like, existence.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Oh, was it? I thought they said that was a super fancy taunt. Granted, I didn't pay much attention to that discussion because it was mostly conjecture about the orbs and "economy." I suppose that sure as hell looks like taunts, either way.

We don't the specifics of what that was. We never saw the list of purchasable items and its just some journalist or one saying it was a bonus like a taunt...I mean Faust does have its own unique taunts. We don't know the exact details of Faust it might not even be a weapon or a gun.

If it is well it really embodies the statement that "You gotta spend money to make money" but if its not and its something you can earn easily in the game then Itsuno even further invalidates the reason for microtransanctions

Or perhaps it's like having Rebellion and Beowulf equipped at the same time, or how if you have Artemis equipped, that thing is on your arm the whole time.

I'll tell yah what, though. It looked real funky that the nunchucks were on his back, instead of his waist, like before.

Apologies man. I saw someone on twitter barfing about it before, got my hackles up. It's still one of the dumbest complaints to come out of DmC's like, existence.

It could be a gun weapon that he was using at the moment. It did seem to be range and he wasn't using any other firearms.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
So basically it kinda kills that "spoilers" we got. We already know that dante has at least 5 melee weapons and so far 2 projectile weapons.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So, Cerberus is back, but can also be a fire staff and a lightning whip? Interesting? I guess? Except for the fact that it'll probably use the janky mode switch system that Balrog does, and that's just...disappointing.

G3uz.gif

You know if you paid attention rather than just jump to conclusions you'd notice that Cerberus instantly reverts back to its nunchuck form right after finishing attacks in its other forms and if pay close attention at 0:09 after he does the ground strike with the fire staff it was reverting right back to its nunchuck form but he cancel that animation into a different fire bo staff attack and back to its nunchuck form after finishing the attack.

So its probably just input and move based unless that guy is quickly changing forms (unlikely)

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So basically it kinda kills that "spoilers" we got. We already know that dante has at least 5 melee weapons and so far 2 projectile weapons.

Who says Faust is a melee weapon?

Also Kalina Ann 2 was confirmed at NYCC but never shown for some reason

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Who says Faust is a melee weapon?

Also Kalina Ann 2 was confirmed at NYCC but never shown for some reason
I'm not counting Faust. But we already saw Rebellion, Sparda, Cerberus, gloves and Cavalier. Also Scythe may or not be Sparda another form.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm not counting Faust. But we already saw Rebellion, Sparda, Cerberus, gloves and Cavalier. Also Scythe may or not be Sparda another form.

We haven't seen the full moveset for Sparda and Rebellion but so far Sparda is looking like a Rebellion skin. So would it make sense to count those as 2 separate weapons right now Cavaliere and Cavaliere R are more unique compared to Sparda and Rebellion?

What was the rumor?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
We haven't seen the full moveset for Sparda and Rebellion but so far Sparda is looking like a Rebellion skin. So would it make sense to count those as 2 separate weapons right now Cavaliere and Cavaliere R are more unique compared to Sparda and Rebellion?

What was the rumor?
That he has 3 melee and 3 projectile weapon. While it may be true about projectile, we definitely see more melee weapon

Top Bottom