• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Westhawk

Or perhaps it's like having Rebellion and Beowulf equipped at the same time, or how if you have Artemis equipped, that thing is on your arm the whole time.
Good point so it could be a melee and act similar to lucifer.

I'm not counting Faust. But we already saw Rebellion, Sparda, Cerberus, gloves and Cavalier. Also Scythe may or not be Sparda another form.
Spardas scythe form appeared in the first game and was used for round trip so I think it’ll be the same here, unless them do different forms like balrog with fist form and kick form and now Cerberus with 3 different forms.

Last edited by a moderator:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
G3uz.gif

You know if you paid attention rather than just jump to conclusions you'd notice that Cerberus instantly reverts back to its nunchuck form right after finishing attacks in its other forms and if pay close attention at 0:09 after he does the ground strike with the fire staff it was reverting right back to its nunchuck form but he cancel that animation into a different fire bo staff attack and back to its nunchuck form after finishing the attack.

So its probably just input and move based unless that guy is quickly changing forms (unlikely)

Gomenasorry. You're right, I did see that after watching it again, which would be a way better option. It's easy to jump to conclusions when they literally used the same mechanic for another weapon, so to expect another to use the same one, not much of a leap. But again, we'll see! It'd be nice if we got the whole, English translations of those demonstrations.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The problem with Sparda is that it uses the exact same moveset as Rebellion, and given the spoilers, there's reason for that. And yeah, the scythe was something that popped up in Sparda before. I'd love for there to be another scythe weapon though, those things need more looooove.

It is kinda zany that we have several weapons that also have multiple forms - Cavalier is two saws and a bike; Cerberus is nunchaku, a bo staff, and a whip; and Balrog is gauntlets and greaves.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Breakdown of the Deluxe Edition contents...

It sounds like the Pasta Breaker is essentially for "shuffling the deck," as it were. It sounds weird, gonna need hands-on to totally understand how it works.

"Every time you use it, however, the remaining Devil Breakers in your inventory will cycle one spot. This means that it’s the only weapon that allows you to switch it up for the next Devil Breaker- should you choose. Because it’s not particularly effective in battle, however, you’ll want to think long and hard about whether you’d prefer to use up a spot in your DB inventory before taking the plunge."

Going by this it just moves them up by 1. We see in the screenshot there are 2 left and they just change spot. What if there are 3 remaining DB does the last DB become the first/next DB but I guess you can keep pressing B/O until you have your desired next DB.

Sounds like a waste of a slot to me. This should be a mechanic in the game like literally pressing down/up or something on the D-pad to determine the order of the next Breaker.......like DmC.

I tried giving this ludicrous mechanic the benefit of the doubt but more I see of it and the more I see Dante the more I'm aware this will blow up in Itsuno's face. He even admits reception on the DB mechanic is mixed whereas reception for Dante is universally praised by journalists and critics.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I just hope they find a good band/singer to do Dante's theme.

And V's trailer hopefully Paris Games Week.

What if Nevan can be brought back to give an upgrade as Cerberus does. Perhaps give Nevan the Osiris treatment in scythe mode.

Agni & Rudra? Wish they can come back, and perhaps allow them to talk whenever Dante feels like a word with them.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i posted the whole panel where they show cased it. I haven't seen the whole thing but I saw a pic so i know it's there.

I know I made that post before the video was uploaded.

I just hope they find a good band/singer to do Dante's theme.

And V's trailer hopefully Paris Games Week.

What if Nevan can be brought back to give an upgrade as Cerberus does. Perhaps give Nevan the Osiris treatment in scythe mode.

Agni & Rudra? Wish they can come back, and perhaps allow them to talk whenever Dante feels like a word with them.

Paris Games Week is very likely since PSX is not happening this year. Granted unlike Gamescon they never stated more details abut V will be shown at PGW but they havent showed anything about V gameplay wise. NYCC was for Dante was mostly what Pax West was for Nero. A showcase of his (mostly) base weapons and skills or a sneakpeak into his main weapons. I believe (and hope) there are more for Dante and Nero (especially Nero). Granted Itsuno said we haven't seen **** yet so that could be in relation to V and not Dante or Nero.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I've mentioned a few time that I thought Goliath might've been inspired by the designs and art style of the Berserk manga, specifically because of the eyes in its torso and mouth.
DMC5_screens_07.jpg

But I was reading an old chapter of Berserk and saw an replica of this artwork:
lead_720_405.jpg

It reminded me that the author had often used European depictions of hell and demons in the manga and it struck me that maybe that's the actual source for Goliath's design. I did a paper on the history of the Devil in college and I remembered that a common theme in medieval illustrations of the devil and demons was faces and mouths on the stomach or for the anus (this particular prospect was an interpretation of the unholy nature of homosexuality in medieval times) and many had multiple eyes.
demons.jpg
fd2702cf5df988af3ad1c4edc56ada5d--demonology-mythological-creatures.jpg

feature-a-2-demon-with-crotch-face.jpg

I think it's a possibility that the source of the design for Goliath is medieval art of demons. It's still possible there are fans of Berserk on the staff but it's equally possible that the source is medieval art of demons.
stufftoblowyourmind-23-2015-04-pacherdevil.jpg

http://www.medievalists.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Monsters.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/32/85/5c/32855c04491bd5067a90f9ecdfe93716.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/25/9d/e4/259de49578e4a4f3f7faff9a11dcbb4c.jpg

Last edited:

ShiningTempest

I agree about Sparda being a reskin of Rebellion. Also I want a different type of sword for Dante, like how A&R was still a sword-type weapon but it played so differently to Rebellion. If they bring back Alastor then it should have a unique moveset different from Rebellion.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I sort of wonder if we'll be able to equip Rebellion instead of Sparda on replays, despite spoilery-doos, because I really like Rebellion and really don't like Sparda. The one weapon I'd love to see Dante style it up with is a sword and shield combo, I just want to see what kind of cool stuff could be done with it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I forgot how stupid people got with their theories before a release. It used to not bother me, I always thought it was part of the fun and I even encourage it, but after many a years of the dumbest drible being furiously defended by angry nerds who'd throw the biggest hissy fits if you dare use logic or deductive reasoning to imply they don't have enough evidence or that their theory doesn't hold water have really worn me down. Now, they make me disproportionately angry and it takes some effort to not leave a pointless rebuttal on their video comments because, a, it's not hurting anyone, and b, who cares, time will tell.

Westhawk

I forgot how stupid people got with their theories before a release. It used to not bother me, I always thought it was part of the fun and I even encourage it, but after many a years of the dumbest drible being furiously defended by angry nerds who'd throw the biggest hissy fits if you dare use logic or deductive reasoning to imply they don't have enough evidence or that their theory doesn't hold water have really worn me down. Now, they make me disproportionately angry and it takes some effort to not leave a pointless rebuttal on their video comments because, a, it's not hurting anyone, and b, who cares, time will tell.
What theories?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I don't mind using Sparda once every few years, but if it's the same as Rebellion, then I would never use it unless the story mode left me no other choice.

There'd be no point because I don't really like the design of either sword; I only use them for the combos.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I know that the notion of a judge of death is common place in many mythologies, like Hindu, Egyptian and Greek, so it's more likely a reference to that than anything, but it struck me that maybe this judge of hell comes from this. I got no solid evidence but this is just something that occured to me.
FP00J9Ml.jpg

f4cc63174c6a11aa2830ba4a333e28a2--devil-may-cry-videogames.jpg

Edit:
I'm pretty sure we've talked about this before but I don't think this was posted yet.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urizen
I haven't read Blake since I was in high school so I didn't really make the connection.
Since Urizen is a character in Blake's mythology and is connected to another figure named Los, which just means 'The' in masculine plural in spanish, but I'm guessing that's just coincidental. Since V goes around quoting Blake, what a tool, I'm guessing there is more to this than just name dropping.

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

So IKevinX was able to get a quick interview with Senior Producer Okabe and based on what he claims Okabe says.

-The weapons Dante gets in the game are represented by bosses (meaning each new weapon comes with a boss fight) but the way it is worded it may not involve every weapon so Cavaliere already has a boss fight with it and Balrog, Cerberus, and Faust could be potential bosses in the game.
-They never showed off all the weapons at NYCC. This could mostly mean Dante and not Dante and Nero but once again it would be very disappointing if they just mean V. But then again they said nearly all so they're probably referring to Dante (he probably has 1 gun and 1 DA left or something).

Top Bottom