• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Pretty bloody. It seems they really decided to up violence. I think I saw part of enemy flying to the side.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Will we ever see Dante gameplay?

Man are you obsessed with that. We already told you, the focus for now is on Nero since he is the protagonist. From here to March there's a lot of time for them to release footage, we'll probably see Dante and the other guy later down the line.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Here's some direct footage instead of recorded one.

Looks like the fear of Exceed being taken out was unfounded. It's back.
And I definitely get some "DMC mixed with DmC" feels from this. Seems they really did want to close the gap between the two iterations.

Too bad there's no grim grip. No Buster.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Whatever happened to Nero's Buster!? IT'S NOT THERE!!!! SLAM DUNK!!!!

Calm down, the trailer showed it on those Assault-looking creatures. Looks like the whole arm mechanic has been revamped, we (and most likely all these guys playing the demo) don't know how Buster is integrated into it yet.

And I don't know why you're fussing over From Grip tbh. It was just a platforming element, it was basically just Snatch but on the floating orbs in the air. And this game does have Snatch.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

Gotta love clickbait titles. "Dante gameplay trailer", when it's actually Nero's and Dante is there only at the end.

Anyway, THAT trailer got me hyped as ****, it finally showed combat in more detail and holy damn is there a lot of stuff to talk about there. I hope I'll be able to do an analysis soon.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
okay just now i seen

edit- mostly nero based but dante has a nice appearance at the end.

no Vitale tho:'(

Well that trailer also hyped me ( Im really slow i know in getting info just now i seen all new stuff) and well im happy also that release is on 8th March , still im waiting for preorder day as im going to do that for PC version

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
That ****ing lock-on=>forward/backward crap. When will they ever learn?
What are you on about, man? You realize that's a derivative of Nero's previous moves in DMC4? He doesn't have the Devil Bringer anymore.

I like the mechanic because it allows me to control the trajectory of battles.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Sorry, no can do. He's pretty old now. :wink:
Dude, 40 is nothing. Batfleck is pushing 55, Tom Cruise is like 60, Terry Crews is around 50, and so on and so forth. Besides, why would him being old prevent him from a shave and a haircut.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Dude, 40 is nothing. Batfleck is pushing 55, Tom Cruise is like 60, Terry Crews is around 50, and so on and so forth. Besides, why would him being old prevent him from a shave and a haircut.
I'm 36 and I regrow beard/mustache. Sometimes it's cool, but it's also itchy once you grow it enough or leave it alone long enough. Dante doesn't seem to care about the beard.

Batfleck wants the beard becasue he can attrract ladies that way. Crews has some beard/stache on him, here's his recent appearance...

I think Capcom is trying to present Dante as the older Dante, rather than the younger Dante. Without the beard, he looks like younger Dante.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm 36 and I regrow beard/mustache. Sometimes it's cool, but it's also itchy once you grow it enough or leave it alone long enough. Dante doesn't seem to care about the beard.

Batfleck wants the beard becasue he can attrract ladies that way. Crews has some beard/stache on him, here's his recent appearance...

I think Capcom is trying to present Dante as the older Dante, rather than the younger Dante. Without the beard, he looks like younger Dante.
So, you're saying he won't shave for the sex appeal? Going for the sexy Ryu and Cap 'murica effect? The thing is, that beard is too long to be scruff, too short to be a whole beard and too unkempt to work as sexy.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ops, sorry, I just assumed your sexuality.
Dude, I'm Mexican. Full blown, mi tierra madre, born in Mexico, Mexican. We don't have such thin skin as to cry when someone asumes our sexuallity. :devil:

As it happens I have a gay brother, 2 sisters, 12 aunts, and like 30 female cousins. And they are all Latinas. Yes, even my brother. They're not shy. They say what they want in a man in front of anyone. I don't need to add a 'no homo' to my reviews.

Top Bottom