• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
So, you're saying he won't shave for the sex appeal? Going for the sexy Ryu and Cap 'murica effect? The thing is, that beard is too long to be scruff, too short to be a whole beard and too unkempt to work as sexy.
Jesus, man. That's too much. Ladies love beards/staches, hell, even some women love mullets. I attracted a married woman because I had a ****ing mullet. :angel:

Also, I did not know you were Latino. :thumbsup: From one Latino to another, cheers.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That ****ing lock-on=>forward/backward crap. When will they ever learn?
Games are design around their mechanics. This is something I learned from playing DMC4SE. These inputs don't work as well in LDK mode because when you have so many enemies it's hard to pinpoint where the front and back are in relation to the random enemy you just locked on to, but with a smaller crowd it's not as bad. I get that you might be attached to the DmC style but I rather prefer the Bayonetta system where you have the option of both.

Hey! None of that. You don't get to tempt married women and then try to act the saint. No, señor!

Also, I did not know you were Latino.
How? I mention it every chance I get. The only reason my avatar isn't the Mexican flag is because I already have it as my PSN avatar and I think people might be on to me.

From one Latino to another, cheers.
Chale, manito.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Hey! None of that. You don't get to tempt married women and then try to act the saint. No, señor!
Camate, vato! *light chuckle*

I mean, it's not my fault that I have the ****ing mullet and get to kiss a woman, man! It's her fault!
I think people might be on to me.
**** those people, then. Meh. I have no patience for those folks. It's the same racial rethoric you see every day.
Chale, manito.
Gracias! :D

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I got this off 4chan so don't take it on face value.

Even so, if true, something to look forward to.

tokyo.jpg
Already confirmed that the next DMC5 event is at TGS.
7b81aa082835ea7fb43c438dfb3de0cd.jpg

PS: That hair is making his head look HUGE.
Despite that, he actually looks good.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Pax West, actually, at the end of the month.
I was watching a little bit of the Inside Xbox interview, and heard "TGS."

(Oh, and I implore everyone to start watching Easy Allies. :cool: They're the GameTrailers guys!)

Anton Clemens

What are you on about, man? You realize that's a derivative of Nero's previous moves in DMC4? He doesn't have the Devil Bringer anymore.

I like the mechanic because it allows me to control the trajectory of battles.
They could apply demonic/angelic modes from DmC and put weapon switching on D-pad.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Apparently there was leaked footage that I can't find anymore as it got taken down, involving Dante, Lady, and V, where Dante gets beaten up pretty badly by what we can assume is the final boss of the game, that big gone covered dude from the beginning of the first trailer.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
No, Devil Bringer was manifestation of his power, he didn't stop being a half-demon.
*sighs* Look, that Devil Bringer was HIS source of power. It's what made him the "half-demon." So, in theory, he can't fight without it. It'll make him lightweight, without powers, but makes him better in other areas.

He was born from his mysterious mother, and a demon named... Vergil. But that's all there is to it. If he had demon power in him all this time, he would have not have the need for the Devil Bringer.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Look, that Devil Bringer was HIS source of power. It's what made him the "half demon." So, in theory, he can't fight without it.

This is actually wrong. We know that his arm wasn't always demonic, that happened during a situation of danger where he desperately wanted to save Kyrie, we learned that much in DMC4 when he gets his Devil Trigger. However, he was already an Order knight well before that happened, so he can fight demons just fine without Devil Bringer.

Also, he's biologically the son of a half demon and a human. It's in his DNA, his superhuman strength, speed, reaction times and all that jazz, that's where they come from, not his arm. And that is why he's still able to do all kinds of crazy stunts and feats here despite losing his demon arm.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
This is actually wrong. We know that his arm wasn't always demonic, that happened during a situation of danger where he desperately wanted to save Kyrie, we learned that much in DMC4 when he gets his Devil Trigger. However, he was already an Order knight well before that happened, so he can fight demons just fine without Devil Bringer.
Yeah, early in the game he didn't use the Devil Bringer, but what I meant is - the arm connecting to him is providing a source of power. So even if he didn't use the Devil Bringer, the other half of his powers are superficial. Like "Neo." Neo doesn't need half of the powers he used in Matrix, but he doesn't access the power until later. This is where I'm going. So, if you remove the Devil Bringer, you remove his ability to mobilize in the air. He can brush you away no problem.

That's how Nero was able to pull Goliath and throw him around like he's an insect. But Devil Bringer has powers that he actually needs to battle. So, when Nico makes him a new arm, he's able to do things he normally would, but in a different way.

Worth noting: Itsuno references the theme song as a hint as to what is going to happen later in the game, like I said before: Accessing the other half of his powers. Right now, he thinks he doesn't have powers, but it's there. He's the son of Vergil. However, in present time, he doesn't actually have the power to do things he normally would with Devil Bringer. A part of Nero is gone, and Nero has to search for all of his powers. That's how this story begins.
Also, he's biologically the son of a half demon and a human. It's in his DNA, his superhuman strength, speed, reaction times and all that jazz, that's where they come from, not his arm. And that is why he's still able to do all kinds of crazy stunts and feats here despite losing his demon arm.
I said that.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I hope for the Devil Bringer to come back to him where he'll unlock his full potential as a cambion. He needs his own demon form! Not that spirit from last game.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Apparently there was leaked footage that I can't find anymore as it got taken down, involving Dante, Lady, and V, where Dante gets beaten up pretty badly by what we can assume is the final boss of the game, that big gone covered dude from the beginning of the first trailer.
That was a leak of the prologue. Somebody who got his hands on the game, probably from Microsoft, broke the agreement they probably agreed to to get that game. Capcom has been able to get most of the videos down but a lot of people made gifs and .webms of it.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
That was a leak of the prologue. Somebody who got his hands on the game, probably from Microsoft, broke the agreement they probably agreed to to get that game. Capcom has been able to get most of the videos down but a lot of people made gifs and .webms of it.
Freakin' loser. (Not you.) It's MGS2 all over again. *sighs and facepalms* Now, expect that part of the game to be removed. I want to see the story play out as exactly as it was designed! But leaks like this is the reason why scenes get cut.

HEY, LEAKERS. STOP RUINING OUR GAMES.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Now, expect that part of the game to be removed.
That's unlikely, considering how close we are to release. If the game was over a year away, maybe, but 6 months probably won't allow for such a major change to the game, to replace and entire stage, the prologue, no less. There is still things that need to be done within that time so it's not as though they aren't still busy and chances are, with the release so close by, they will be showing off that footage before long, themselves.

Top Bottom