• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
@StylishNero I always thought that was like, an early concept Tyrant since a lot of the concept art directly references RE.

berto

I Saw the Devil
unused concept and ideas
Not all. Some, I think are inspirations.
artbook-89.jpg

The Judge of Death and Judge of Hell might be the same dude.

1445830046744.png

When I saw this in the DMC HD Collection art gallery I was upset this didn't make it into the game......but looking at it now it seems to be an early design for Mundus....maybe. Not so sure.
If I remember correctly, this is a concept for a Spencer boss. At this point this was still an RE game and this is a Spencer tyrant on the progenitor virus.

there are moments where the main battle theme (which can be changed) win't play but some other track.
Thank God for that. One of the things I hate the most about DMC4 is the intro to L&L and NevSur because that's all you hear. In all other DMC games, and Bayonetta, for that matter, when you leave or end a fight and less than a few seconds later you start another the music continues from where it left off, but in DMC4+SE it just starts over and that intro starts to get on my nerves. Some variety in the music will help alleviate fatigue from having to listen to the same intro to the same songs over and over again, specially if they're going to make it so the songs are just going to start over every single time they fade.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
@StylishNero I always thought that was like, an early concept Tyrant since a lot of the concept art directly references RE.

Dont know. Probably is. It looks a lot like Mundus to me so I guess this early design for Tyrant was probably translated into Mundus.

Speaking of enemies.

I've recently noticed that the goat enemy is probably a nod to DMC2's goatlings. It would appear enemy roster are mostly redesigned and re-purposed concepts from past games.

You have the Nobodies back. V uses Griffon and Shadow as well as Nightmare as his familiars. Nelo Angelo are now basic enemy types. The Goat Clan from DMC2 is seemingly getting a rep. The lizards seem like a nod to the Assaults/Blades (with one being able to spin like the Mega Scarecrow). There are new types of hells with one of them having odd feel to the base Scarecrows of DMC4. The bat enemy types are a fusion of the DMC2 bat and the DMC3 exploding hell (I guess DmC Butcher since he explodes upon death too).

2366D1B9-D01C-4CB5-9FAA-5BF4889A4423.jpeg

It makes sense if Urizen is the Demon King and not some prince or darkness or another emperor or the underworld so he could amass all these resources to overthrow the human world and challenge Dante and co.

I wonder if the slow mo effect of Ragtime will last even after it gets destroyed or swapped. If it does, I'm totally gonna turn his gameplay into this ****.

Charge shots and Tomboy for days.

When you use Ragtime's Breakage Move (Quicksilver) it breaks and goes to the next Breaker after its activated. Not so sure about its regular time stop ability that only affects a singular enemy.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
@Stylish Nero Kinda stretching it with the Butcher. Yeah, he explodes, but it's so obvious that I've rarely been hit the explosion. I've gotten hit with Blitzes suicide attack more often than the Butchers or Wraths.

If they brought back the Dreamrunners from DmC in some form or fashion, I would have not problem with that. I just hope they do not bring back these guy:

latest

If there is anything I hate about DMC3 is half of the enemy roster. You can't do that many combos on them (in a game that encourages combo variety) and they're tedious and boring to fight. I'll gladly take the Sin Scissors over the Fallen or Faust demons any day.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
@Stylish Nero Kinda stretching it with the Butcher. Yeah, he explodes, but it's so obvious that I've rarely been hit the explosion. I've gotten hit with Blitzes suicide attack more often than the Butchers or Wraths.

If they brought back the Dreamrunners from DmC in some form or fashion, I would have not problem with that. I just hope they do not bring back these guy:

latest

If there is anything I hate about DMC3 is half of the enemy roster. You can't do that many combos on them (in a game that encourages combo variety) and they're tedious and boring to fight. I'll gladly take the Sin Scissors over the Fallen or Faust demons any day.

Well I mean it doesn't matter if you get hit or not they still explode upon death like the flame bats in DMC5. The flame bats just like the Butcher explosion is also heavily telegraphed so its also easy to not get hit too. If anything the big flame bat is more alike the Butcher than the Wrath since the Wrath explodes instantly and can only be harmed by firearms whereas Butcher and the Flame Bat both can be harmed by whatever weapons and means.

We probably seen 100% of the enemy roster (there is one more enemy that most people may have missed since it goes by really quick).

You know with the army being there think we might get another Invested Helicopter and Tank boss fight.....I would so love that.

Speaking of Faust. Since Dante gets the Faust Hat which called Doctor Faust. Think Doctor Faust is a boss fight too? We see Dante use the hat in a cutscene so its story related.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Speaking of Faust. Since Dante gets the Faust Hat which called Doctor Faust. Think Doctor Faust is a boss fight too? We see Dante use the hat in a cutscene so its story related.
Except for the Kng Crbrs and Cavalier, none of Dante's weapons we know of came from boss fights. There are a number of ways to get them and it's possible that it won't be from an enemy.

edit:
Haven't seen this one before:
7vz0IT4.jpg

Last edited:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Except for the Kng Crbrs and Cavalier, none of Dante's weapons we know of came from boss fights. There are a number of ways to get them and it's possible that it won't be from an enemy.

edit:
Haven't seen this one before:
7vz0IT4.jpg

We have seen that one, it's the same lizard enemy that you can see dodging Nero's grapple in one of the trailers.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

True but in an interview Okabe said all of the Devil Arms have a demon/boss associated with it. Doctor Faust is a Devil Arm and in Itsuno DMC fashion Devil Arms are usually tied to a boss. Balrog is an exception since we start with it at the beginning of the game or Dante starts with Balrog meaning he got Balrog (from defeating an actual demon named Balrog) before the events of the game whereas he obtains Doctor Faust over the course of the story. Based on the cutscene with the hat he seems to be in the Qliphoth so somewhere in the middle of some demonic tree that is killing millions (maybe billions) and merging the human world and inside it Dante finds a hat in it? Ok.

But hey its Devil May Cry. Wouldn't be so surprised if that was the case.

berto

I Saw the Devil
True but in an interview Okabe said all of the Devil Arms have a demon/boss associated with it.
Interesting. If this is anything like Cavalier then the weapon won't be something born from the demon or a mutation of said demon but rather a side effect, they die but their power somehow transferred to something inanimate nearby. That or he takes something of theirs that holds their power inside already, like the hat. By the way, I find this new method of getting DAs less than stellar. It's not bad, I appreciate that they're trying something new so as to not repeat the same as the concept as previous games, but I'm less than blown away by this new method for getting the DAs. If they just form, like with Cavalier, where the motorcycle halfs just happen to get fragments of the armor near it and then, boom, without logic or reason you get a demon motorcycle, it comes off to me like a convenient excuse for a weapon they already designed to appear rather that a something that might've happened on the spot within the narrative.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Interesting. If this is anything like Cavalier then the weapon won't be something born from the demon or a mutation of said demon but rather a side effect, they die but their power somehow transferred to something inanimate nearby. That or he takes something of theirs that holds their power inside already, like the hat. By the way, I find this new method of getting DAs less than stellar. It's not bad, I appreciate that they're trying something new so as to not repeat the same as the concept as previous games, but I'm less than blown away by this new method for getting the DAs. If they just form, like with Cavalier, where the motorcycle halfs just happen to get fragments of the armor near it and then, boom, without logic or reason you get a demon motorcycle, it comes off to me like a convenient excuse for a weapon they already designed to appear rather that a something that might've happened on the spot within the narrative.

I don't think this is the universal method Dante gets his DAs in this game. Probably a method tied to Cavaliere Angelo since most demons who become DA are unique individuals with a soul and a personality where Cavaliere Angelo is a barely sentient piece of armor that can only operate with a host inside it and not the conventional demons who become DA. I doubt Dante carves up King Cerberus and its pieces merges with some random nunchuks he is carrying.

It should be noted that Cavaliere R was customized by Nico off of Cavaliere. So this DA is already unconventional since a human can modify it. Also will skin weapons count as different weapons so I can have Rebellion and Sparda or Cavaliere and Cavaliere R in the same set.

Besides DMC is always mixing up how DA's work/obtain. In DMC3 obtaining Agni and Rudra was different from Nevan, Cerberus, and Beowulf but the swords the demons were carrying themselves.

Also plenty of people want Agni and Rudra to return. I dont think it will not does it need to. A&R were a fire based weapon (yeah it had wind elemental but it was amplify the flames) and thus with Balrog and 1/3 of King Cerberus it would be redundant to have another fire based weapon. Same goes for Nevan since we Cavaliere and 1/3 of King Cerberus. The lightning and fire parts of King Cerberus seem to be taking elements from Nevan and A&R anyway. Wonder if Dante will get a purely ice themed weapon now. We have Balrog (fire), Cavaliere (lightning), and King Cerberus (ice, fire, and lightning).

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Will there be other elements for new weapons besides just fire, thunder/lightning & ice?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Will there be other elements for new weapons besides just fire, thunder/lightning & ice?

Yeah its called glue.

I won't post the video here since its over 6 hours long and only 20 minute of it is actually about DMC5 but Atrophy of Soul discovered a new tech where if you let off a Blue Rose charge shot and immediately perform Overture BA: Exploder in quick succession it cancels the recovery frames of Nero's charge shot and the bomb explodes immediately since BR charge shot is a multi hit and when Nero plants the bomb the enemy is still being hit by the shots.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Vs neck tattoos remind me of the devil's neck tattoos from Constantine.
75cdd28150a0f26988b381c3b4217e22.jpg

The+satan+in+the+movie+constantine+wasnt+too+bad+_a5284811fd61a0954b4dad5e9008e2bf.jpg

I don't think this is the universal method Dante gets his DAs in this game
Perhaps. We're about to hit the 2 month mark in a few days so we don't have long to wait. We'll probably see more and more as the launch approaches.

DnoMdWsUcAAlKSZ.jpg:large

DnoMdY0VAAA81EF.jpg:large

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was looking through some of my design projects from 2008 when I was studying animation and I found an old assignments. The idea was to create a design with our choice of a single number spelled out, a specific number of geometric shapes and one unique shape of our choice. Well, as luck would have it, the shape I made has a striking resemblance to the wings in the DMC5 logo. Obviously not identical but close enough to be a bit eerie. I took that class almost 11 years ago. Weird how things work out. I'll take a picture later. I have to pull it out of the box again.

Edit:
Found it. Just remember, I made this over 10 years ago, around 2008 or 9. It's kinda funny how it all turned out.
20190101-223650-Film2.jpg
The assignment was to make an image using 4 squares, 5 circles, a shape of our own design, spell out out a number of our choice in an existing font, I think, and I don't remember if the border was mandatory but there it is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom