• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

So we finally get a look at V's UI and the fact his familiars do have health bars.

My biggest concern is the fact V might not have any offensive options on his own (that aren't tied to finishers) so we will be pretty much helpless unless if our familiars are down or have no DT to summon Nightmare. It really slows down the combat for me.

DarkSlayerVergil

I am legitimately shocked that we've managed to go 4 games without anyone trying to clone Dante yet.

I suppose "surprise child" was already kinda covered by Nero though. :whistle:
Funny you bring this up since I remember having this one idea where Mundus pulled a "Zamasu" and somehow possessed or took Dantes body after realizing how much potential the Sparda twins have. Even more funny is that now I'm starting to some what believe this theory for Urizen only with Vergil instead.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
If you look at a lot of the shots involving Urizen you will notice a red figure with blue spectral wings next to him. You can see it clearly at 0:27 as well as at the Hyde collaboration trailer at the end where Nero charges at him.

Not only that

In the leaked stuff a few months back we see Nero fight Urizen in a boss fight and that same figure is defending Urizen and at 3:32 here it looks like the thing transforms and resembles something that looks like Nero's DT spirit from DMC4 and you can even see something that looks like Yamato knock Nero back. Its hard to see due to how blurry the video is.

One theory is that maybe that thing is Vergil's soul. Could be Yamato or the Devil Bringer. Perhaps its the devil fruit (its a weird looking fruit though). Maybe the fruit is the Devil Bringer/Yamato. Whatever it is its basically the logo for the game so its pretty significant to the plot.

Also this is the first DMC game (not counting DmC for obvious reasons) where the logo isn't a character silhouette next to the title. Surprised that no one ever brought that up before.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Funny you bring this up since I remember having this one idea where Mundus pulled a "Zamasu" and somehow possessed or took Dantes body after realizing how much potential the Sparda twins have. Even more funny is that now I'm starting to some what believe this theory for Urizen only with Vergil instead.
Whatever possible connection he may have to Vergil, I am positive that Urizen and V are related.

You don't introduce a character who quotes William Blake in every scene and then not have him be connected with the dude who is named after a deity in Blake's mythos. :bored:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Whatever possible connection he may have to Vergil, I am positive that Urizen and V are related.

You don't introduce a character who quotes William Blake in every scene and then not have him be connected with the dude who is named after a deity in Blake's mythos. :bored:

Nico has tattoos that quote William Blake is she also related to Urizen and V (maybe V)

DarkSlayerVergil

Or V could be Urizen son provided that Vergil and Urizen aren't the same person.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
There was a fanfic I read that V conspire to become the demon king so he's using the others to clear out the competition.

Goldsickle

I would prefer if each demon have their own "inactive" appearance.
The "floating core" thing works for Shadow because that's how it looked like when you destroy its outer layer back in DMC1.
But shouldn't Griffon have a different appearance?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Not sure what's going on here but I'm sure those that do advanced tactics will get it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Not sure what's going on here but I'm sure those that do advanced tactics will get it.

Nothing too complicated, it's just another animation cancel.

If I remember correctly, the Breakaway move has an animation where Nero makes his arm explode before switching to the next one. Apparently doing Breakaway during that specific time window of Wire Snatch simply allows you to skip the animation entirely, so you don't have to wait for it before getting to use your next Devil Breaker.
It's a move to make DB switching faster basically.

berto

I Saw the Devil
SJ5IU.png

DMC1 concept art.

Chicken.png

DMC5 Midboss(?)

And yet more DMC1 references in 5.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
SJ5IU.png

DMC1 concept art.

Chicken.png

DMC5 Midboss(?)

And yet more DMC1 references in 5.

If DMC5 is starting to become a pseudo dumping ground for unused concept and ideas (DMC2 bicycle being a weapon, Perfect DT from DMC4, now this) I want something like this to appear in the game.

1445830046744.png

When I saw this in the DMC HD Collection art gallery I was upset this didn't make it into the game......but looking at it now it seems to be an early design for Mundus....maybe. Not so sure.

I'm surprised no one posted this anywhere.

The track that plays here isn't Crimson Cloud. None of those instruments or beats sound like anything in Crimson Cloud. I guess like in Mission 2 (where Devil Trigger doesn't play in the battle sequences before Goliath) there are moments where the main battle theme (which can be changed) win't play but some other track. I'm guessing these play in segments before a boss fight (since its shown V fights a hydra plant boss in this area) to indicate a boss fight or something major is ahead so the players should prepare and plan ahead (helps most with Nero).

Top Bottom