• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

berto

I Saw the Devil
Just want mention that my theory of V being just like Trish has as much validity of being true as a cat video would. There is no evidence to anything I've said to be true, it's just a hunch, and it's as likely to be true as the cat video.

Why does everyone think everyone is Vergil? V is Vergil, Urizen is Vergil, Griffon is Vergil, the dudes in Nelo Angelo armor are Vergil, the DMC van is Vergil. Not everyone is going Vergil, and if they are then this story is worse than what 2xA feared.

Last edited:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Why does everyone think everyone is Vergil? V is Vergil, Urizen is Vergil, Griffon is Vergil, the dudes in Nelo Angelo are Vergil, the DMC van is Vergil. Not everyone is going Vergil, and if they are then this story is worse than what 2xA feared.

Yeah I feel like you and I are the only people willing to entertain the notion that V and Urizen are their own characters.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I still think Vergil split himself into two different "entities" (kind of like the end of the second Inuyasha movie), but that's just me.

And maybe TxA.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!

Why does everyone think everyone is Vergil? V is Vergil, Urizen is Vergil, Griffon is Vergil, the dudes in Nelo Angelo armor are Vergil, the DMC van is Vergil. Not everyone is going Vergil, and if they are then this story is worse than what 2xA feared.

This is why I don't bother with most "game theories" or crackpot wmgs that lack common sense.

@Absent Nova Hilarious joke.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well why don't we wait and see so you guys can be disappointed after the game comes out. We won't get anything concrete on Urizen, Vergil, and V until the game comes out....or until we get more leaks (bizarrely we never got any leaks that claimed Urizen and V has a connection to Vergil but instead that V has a connection to Nico and her family).

So this came out

DMC5 Tips 6
rd7kIEr.png

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well why don't we wait and see so you guys can be disappointed after the game comes out. We won't get anything concrete on Urizen, Vergil, and V until the game comes out....or until we get more leaks (bizarrely we never got any leaks that claimed Urizen and V has a connection to Vergil but instead that V has a connection to Nico and her family).

So this came out

DMC5 Tips 6
rd7kIEr.png

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hope that isn't just an 11th hour superpower thing.

DarkSlayer54

I still think Vergil just flew off the Island and spent years breaking free of Mundus' control over him.

Something simple. Why officially confirm his death, just to think of some way to bring him back within the span of a single game? Doesn't make sense to me. Easier to say that he just never died to begin with.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I still think Vergil just flew off the Island and spent years breaking free of Mundus' control over him.

Something simple. Why officially confirm his death, just to think of some way to bring him back within the span of a single game? Doesn't make sense to me. Easier to say that he just never died to begin with.
He died onscreen tho. After the third boss fight he exploded and left behind his amulet.

Mundus leaving him alive or faking his death would feel cheap after that.

DarkSlayer54

He died onscreen tho. After the third boss fight he exploded and left behind his amulet.

Mundus leaving him alive or faking his death would feel cheap after that.

Well, that's your interpretation of the cutscene.

They never actually showed that happen. For me, I heard him teleport away with the same blue glow as prior cutscenes. His death was never actually confirmed, either. All up to interpretation.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I hope that isn't just an 11th hour superpower thing.
As long as we can use it from the get-go in New Game + then I don't mind if it's like Yamato in DMC4 which you only get in Dante's last level.

Well, that's your interpretation of the cutscene.
They never actually showed that happen. For me, I heard him teleport away with the same blue glow as prior cutscenes. His death was never actually confirmed, either. All up to interpretation.
While no one in-universe actually says he's dead, the fact that the Order recovered both his body and the Yamato and used fragments of the former to create the Bianco Angelo seems to strongly imply as such. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plus, as 2xA pointed out, if he never actually died at all then it makes Dante mourning him twice completely pointless in retrospect.

DarkSlayer54

As long as we can use it from the get-go in New Game + then I don't mind if it's like Yamato in DMC4 which you only get in Dante's last level.

While no one in-universe actually says he's dead, the fact that the Order recovered both his body and the Yamato and used fragments of the former to create the Bianco Angelo seems to strongly imply as such. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plus, as 2xA pointed out, if he never actually died at all then it makes Dante mourning him twice completely pointless in retrospect.

When is it said that the order recovered his body? I don't remember that being said.

I disagree with Dante though. The second time Dante was mourning what Mundus did to his brother. Makes it a more powerful moment to me - a worse fate for Veriil than death, being controlled as a puppet.

berto

I Saw the Devil
You mean like he also exploded other times before that one already?
When was this? The previous2 times he flew up into the air in a bolt of lightning, not exploded.

Anyway, the point is that constantly killing off Vergil only to make excuses as to why "we were just kidding" severely cheapens the significance of his death. Even if he were to die in 5, on screen, buried and notarized, then it's the DC effect where who cares because he'll be back in no time.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Anyway, the point is that constantly killing off Vergil only to make excuses as to why "we were just kidding" severely cheapens the significance of his death.

His apparent death in DMC1 wasn't that much of a big moment to be honest. He was barely a character at all, and the revelation of him being Dante's brother fell flat in terms of drama as a result, as well as his final defeat.

There's nothing to cheapen to begin with so I'm not really against Vergil returning.

Also, "constantly"? He was only killed off (maybe) in 1. In 3 we knew he wouldn't be gone cause it's a prequel.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
His apparent death in DMC1 wasn't that much of a big moment to be honest
That's not the point. It doesn't matter how effective it was, what matters is that once a character dies more than once death no longer bares the same weight. It becomes a trivial event. Might as well be a suggestion.

Top Bottom