• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Rezvan

The Nostalgic Gamer
Vs probably stabbing dante to awaken his majin form, but he detests him for some reason yet needs him to take down the big bad, the theory that he might be related to mundus still has some meaning
I thought the same, at first. (Stabbing Dante to awaken his majin form)

But now that I watch it again, V seems serious and.. is he aiming Sparda at Dante's head?
I can't help but think that he's really going to kill him.

Yeah things are getting complicated..

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

EDIT- V's now the MVP of the game, forget Nero V should be taking over.:cool:

He's probably a reincarnation of Mundus or something.

I rather he just be an odd wizard that has some previous beef with Dante.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
has some previous beef with Dante.
That's probably not exactly the case. Yeah, he's holding a grudge but the way he said that usually means that Dante did something that affected him, it was his actions or his presence that affected V in some unintentionally negative way, which is a rather shonen plot device so I'm not particularly crazy about it. So, not like he killed his demon parents or something like that but rather he killed the some tyrant or something but his presence kept them protected from this other thing but now that he's gone his life's become hell or something equally indirect.

RedNether

"Sorry, but I don't lose."
Premium
So Vergil is back, the question is: which Vergil? the reboot Vergil, who somehow lost access to his Yamato? or the one native to the original universe, back from the dead?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So Vergil is back, the question is: which Vergil? the reboot Vergil, who somehow lost access to his Yamato? or the one native to the original universe, back from the dead?
The one native to the original universe.

It would be funny to see V wear DmC Vergil's coat tho.

@gmc that ship has past.

Unless its like Star Trek Wrath of Khan. Captain Kirk realizes he has a son who hates him for leaving his mom.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

So how is V supposed to specifically command his summons to attack?

Are they gonna pull a DmC where you need to hold down L2/R2 to selectively command the summons?

BoBo

I can't help but think that V is - in one form or another - Vergil, which also explains him saying ; "dante... İf only you didn't exist".

It also explains the white hair during his DT

On another note; I'm sure this has been discussed but have u noticed that V' s summons' names are all from DMC1 bosses? (griffon shadow nightmare)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
V being an unwitting accomplice to Vergil isn't that bad.

Having him be just a summoner Vergil recruited/tricked into helping him could work.

he could be a disguise but this feel like too much work for Vergil. Him just attacking Nero in his garage is more Vergil's speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gel

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
A new trailer with V in the spotlight, and he seems to have a fairly clear motive. It's also shown that V can stand and walk on the Shadow's extended spike, and some of his tattoos are definitely disappearing when he triggers and his hair goes white. Considering that the Griffon bird comes out of a similar effect as black particles spray from his arm, I'd venture a guess that his summoned demons are literally tattoos on his skin.
Here is the YouTube official trailer...

outoftheblue

If I wanted to close the whole story arc from the beginning, I would use V as Mundus in a debilitated form, who would search for the Sparda sword for tactical reasons and contact Dante to have him get the pretender to the throne out of the way for him. A nice final confrontation would be Mundus against the sons of Sparda.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I have a theory that V is some kind of homonculus/golem. His skin seems to be cracked in some of the what I'm assuming are later events in the game, and he has a very strange way of speaking. He makes mention that he "doesn't have a name, as [he] was born two days ago" before awkwardly trying to pass it off as a joke and giving himself the name "V".

Saying he's a "reincarnation" of Mundus is hilarious though. How can you be a reincarnation of someone who isn't dead? Dante passed on the opportunity to kill Mundus like he said he would and just sealed him away again. I'm thinking Urizen is Mundus, or perhaps related to him.

Top Bottom