• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Sean Gow

Well, I'll put it to you like this. I played the demo 5 times and I even S the mission but at no time did I feel as in control of the character as I have with every other DMC game. I have a weird feeling that that might have a lot to do with, and I'm guessing here, the controller's lock-on button being unresponsive because if isn't then the game releases the lock on with way too much ease. I had a hard time pulling off helm breaker when the enemies were constantly moving beneath me. It's a step backward that Nero's snatch wire only works one way, yank or towards, not both. I know people don't like DmC but just because you don't like it doesn't mean that everything in it has to be thrown out the window and the lift and pull were a good progression of the DevBrgnr.

I also didn't like the options don't let you change the taunt button. I like to put Nero's taunt on R2 so I can run and dropkick without having to reach for the select button. By the way, you can drop kick now without going to full speed. Nero doesn't cover as much space so you have to get closer to connect but now you don't have to go at full dash.

I really didn't like how the game plays exactly like DMC4. It's got a few alterations, good ones, but even if it look much better and the animation is smoother the game still feels like 4. It's been 10 years and aside from the DvlBrkr and the new loading charge shots mechanics but the game is almost identical to 4 and after that decade I want more. How about some more combos? I'm tired of the same 4 on the ground and the same 2 in the air. Or, even better, how about an entirely new set? Even Bayonetta 2, which had the same combos, had the foresight to alternate them and make them all variations from the one game to the other so you're not just playing new stages on what's basically the same game.

Yeah but this isn't like that. It's more like those enemies in Bloodborne that you had to catch and kill and they gave you plenty of blood echoes for your troubles. In fact, it's very much that.

You know what? Honestly I could not agree more with you Berto. I was away the whole weekend the demo came out and could not wait to get home to play it.

All of your gripes with it are the same as what I was feeling when I was playing it.
Again, I don’t know whether it’s to do with us not having an Xbox One X but I’m very underwhelmed.

The combat can feel amazing but I genuinely feel like they’ve missed the trick here. People can say what they want about DmC but some of the things they implemented were the kind of changes that make you go; “omg, why wasn’t that always the case?” Proper no brainers and stuff.

The taunt thing really bugs me, I’m hoping that it’s just on the demo we can’t change it. Because there are two unused buttons and I think it’s a crime we can’t togglw taunt to them. Especially since we have that Red Queen skateboard aerial taunt, which I love implementing into my combos.

And I feel like part of the ‘having less control’ night actually have something to do with the way they’ve done the animations and stuff, you know? A couple of times I’ve tried to cancel out of certain moves and it just wasn’t having any of it.

Everyone should try this..
It seems a really odd thing to do but it will give you perspective on how the controls feel different.

On every other DMC game, it you just wiggle the left analog stick in a circle frantically, your character matches exactly that movement, regardless of how stupid it looks. It’s complete control.

Try it on DMC 5. Nero will not follow your thumb exactly as you’re doing it. The animation of turning abruptly takes paramount over the actual movement.
It does sound weird but it’s something I noticed.

I also noticed though that you can REALLY influence your directional movement mid jump. More so than ever before it’s a bit mad.

I’m just rambling now because I’m in work and I’ve snuck off to the toilet to come on here

But yeah Berto, exact same problems you have with the game my man. Exactly the same. Properly enjoying it but I do feel a little underwhelmed :(

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
On every other DMC game, it you just wiggle the left analog stick in a circle frantically, your character matches exactly that movement, regardless of how stupid it looks. It’s complete control.

Try it on DMC 5. Nero will not follow your thumb exactly as you’re doing it. The animation of turning abruptly takes paramount over the actual movement.
It does sound weird but it’s something I noticed.
That's exactly what I was talking about by attempt to match realistic movement in the game. Problem is that those small additional things may look visually appealing, but sadly will impact controls in the game.

Sean Gow

That's exactly what I was talking about by attempt to match realistic movement in the game. Problem is that those small additional things may look visually appealing, but sadly will impact controls in the game.

Definitely, man!

I guess it’s just something we’re going to have to get used to.

Do any of you guys remember when the DmC demo came out?

It starts us off on mission 7 with quite a lot of gear and abilities already unlocked and stuff like that.

Regardless of whether people liked it or not, I remember thinking when I first played it ‘Sh*t!!!! This is crazy!’
Because none of us had experienced the natural learning curve that comes with unlocking the weapons and skills. We’re just dropped in with quite a lot of stuff at our disposal. And I remember feeling this was the first time in my life that I’d ever felt like I didn’t have enough thumbs or fingers to play a game the way it was intended! Hahaha

I loved it as I got used to it but there was just so much to take in. There were no unused buttons at all, absolutely everything was utilised on the controller (apart from the taunt button obviously haha)

And even now, playing DmC on Hardcore God’s Must Die! With turbo mode on, it still feels crazy and all over the place and chaotic, the way I want these games to feel.

But this just feels like ‘DMC4: The Lost Chapters’ or something.

DMC4 came out nearly 11 years ago and it feels higher octane than this.

That’s not to say I’m not loving it because I am. I reeealllly am! I was just expecting it to feel cuuhhraaazzyyzeeeeee!!! And it doesn’t :(

Shadow-death

Another leak from the Russian community

4d06dc82a91281837a269f79aeb05db7.png

Proof
15444283656550.png
gfhoyqtotg321.png

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Definitely, man!

I guess it’s just something we’re going to have to get used to.

Do any of you guys remember when the DmC demo came out?

It starts us off on mission 7 with quite a lot of gear and abilities already unlocked and stuff like that.

Regardless of whether people liked it or not, I remember thinking when I first played it ‘Sh*t!!!! This is crazy!’
Because none of us had experienced the natural learning curve that comes with unlocking the weapons and skills. We’re just dropped in with quite a lot of stuff at our disposal. And I remember feeling this was the first time in my life that I’d ever felt like I didn’t have enough thumbs or fingers to play a game the way it was intended! Hahaha

I loved it as I got used to it but there was just so much to take in. There were no unused buttons at all, absolutely everything was utilised on the controller (apart from the taunt button obviously haha)

And even now, playing DmC on Hardcore God’s Must Die! With turbo mode on, it still feels crazy and all over the place and chaotic, the way I want these games to feel.

But this just feels like ‘DMC4: The Lost Chapters’ or something.

DMC4 came out nearly 11 years ago and it feels higher octane than this.

That’s not to say I’m not loving it because I am. I reeealllly am! I was just expecting it to feel cuuhhraaazzyyzeeeeee!!! And it doesn’t :(

Well the DmC demo did come out less than a month before the actual game dropped so it was more indicative of the final product. This demo is the "first demo" that was showed off at E3/Gamescom at is thus more based off the game's alpha build. Capcom has stated there will be more demos for the game dropping in the future. They probably wouldn't drop a demo this early if they weren't beholded by their deal with Microsoft.

As for speed in comparison to DMC4 are you basing that off of Turbo Mode because many other player testimonials claim that DMC5 is faster than DMC4 base but slower than DMC4 Turbo (as far as Nero is concerned) and the demo doesn't have a Turbo option so this is DMC5's base speed.

I mean of course you're not going to get the same level of thrill from a completed (released) game on the highest settings versus what amounts to an alpha build.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The Monster Hunter beta was exclusive to PS4. Xbox never got a Monster Hunter beta....period....same goes to PC players. Only PS4 players. My point still stands MHW sold millions (being Capcom's highest selling game with 10 million units) so it having an exclusive beta didn't do **** to it and I doubt it will affect DMC5 either.

The factor of this though, is that there was no installed fanbase for Monster Hunter on Xbox One. For whatever reason, they figured it would be fine because most of any Monster Hunter players were Playstation supporters. With DMC though, a majority of the customerbase is most likely not on Xbox.

And of course it's not going to affect DMC5, but that's kind of the thing, in the long run the exclusive demo isn't going to do anything to it, but it really soured some because they figured it would be okay, and that we'd "get over it," it speaks to a diminished respect for the consumer because they can just do it, and they did. Y'know? It just feels kind of skeevy.

Like, everyone got up their own butts about the microtransactions and how they were supposedly overstepping the boundaries in this consumer/creator relationship, but this is what feels more like an overstep.

Well the DmC demo did come out less than a month before the actual game dropped so it was more indicative of the final product.

Despite the time at which it came out, I'm fairly certain it was still an older build of the game, almost similar to the one that had been playable at conventions.

Sean Gow

Well the DmC demo did come out less than a month before the actual game dropped so it was more indicative of the final product. This demo is the "first demo" that was showed off at E3/Gamescom at is thus more based off the game's alpha build. Capcom has stated there will be more demos for the game dropping in the future. They probably wouldn't drop a demo this early if they weren't beholded by their deal with Microsoft.

As for speed in comparison to DMC4 are you basing that off of Turbo Mode because many other player testimonials claim that DMC5 is faster than DMC4 base but slower than DMC4 Turbo (as far as Nero is concerned) and the demo doesn't have a Turbo option so this is DMC5's base speed.

I mean of course you're not going to get the same level of thrill from a completed (released) game on the highest settings versus what amounts to an alpha build.

Yeah that’s true, but I was mainly talking about the FEEL of it, not so much the speed. It can kinda feel a bit floaty at times.

Also, is anyone finding it weird having to hold backwards on the analog stick in mid air to perform ‘split’??? Totally thought my game was messing with me for a while until I figured out the input is now backwards and not forwards.

Yeah I agree with you on those points.

To be honest I’m gonna have to buy an Xbox One X ASAP because I reckon a lot of this stuff is probably to do with my Xbox being an old one.

This is the very first demo we all saw isn’t it? The first one they showed off.

Either way I’m still proper excited about the game, I can’t wait for it !!!!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The factor of this though, is that there was no installed fanbase for Monster Hunter on Xbox One. For whatever reason, they figured it would be fine because most of any Monster Hunter players were Playstation supporters. With DMC though, a majority of the customerbase is most likely not on Xbox.

And of course it's not going to affect DMC5, but that's kind of the thing, in the long run the exclusive demo isn't going to do anything to it, but it really soured some because they figured it would be okay, and that we'd "get over it," it speaks to a diminished respect for the consumer because they can just do it, and they did. Y'know? It just feels kind of skeevy.

Like, everyone got up their own butts about the microtransactions and how they were supposedly overstepping the boundaries in this consumer/creator relationship, but this is what feels more like an overstep.

Despite the time at which it came out, I'm fairly certain it was still an older build of the game, almost similar to the one that had been playable at conventions.

Well I guess MHW wasn't a very apt comparison but to be fair Xbox really don't have much to any multiplat franchises where the franchise is mostly on their side. I guess maybe something like a Call of Duty and Battlefield. I still find it baffling Square is putting KH3 on the XboxOne without release the collections on the XboxOne. Great marketing there Square.

Its not because they can just do it its because Microsoft wants something from their deal if their going to pay for their promotion of the game saving Capcom money. If Sony was paying for their promotion it would be the reverse situation but its not its Sony (granted Sony is paying for RE2 Remakes promotion so I doubt Sony has the money to promote both RE2 and DMC5 well they probably do but probably don't want to). Capcom never releases demos this early. Us PS4 owners are still going to get a demo so I fail to see how this is overstepping consumer/creator boundaries. Its a freaking demo (a gimped one at that).

People got up their butts about microtransanctions because the past few years has been nothing but AAA publishers using them in the most egregious ways possible. Microtransactions due to how they've been both misused and overused to the point they're the second most hated things in gaming right now (right behind loot boxes). While we know the MTX in DMC5 probably wont be intrusive based on DMC4SE and director/producer statements its kind of hard for everyone else to accept them because they've been conditioned to seeing being used in the most greedy and consumer abusive ways possible. MTX since their conception has always been hated. Just the fact DMC5 has them (when they don't need it) when plenty of other single players has gotten by without them. Plus MTX affects the final product. A timed exclusive demo does not. The truth is Capcom doesn't need to give us a demo. Not every game comes with a demo **** KH3 doesn't have a demo planned but people are still going to buy that. So demos are not some metric meter used to measure how far stepping the boundaries are when it comes consumer/creator relationships.

At worst its just annoying (but far from the worst thing they can do) but I will live. Life will move on. I have other things I can do.

Besides this is Capcom. On-disc DLC Capcom, cancelling games Capcom, rushing out games Capcom, making RE4 a (timed) Gamecube exclusive Capcom, lets make the legit sequel to one of our most anticipated RPGs a mobile game Capcom, lets reboot the franchise that is at the height of its popularity Capcom, 30 fps feels like 60 fps Capcom (although they proceed to brag about 60 fps much later), making the ending of your game DLC Capcom. And THIS is where you question Capcom's decision making!?

If anything this is one of Capcom's least dumbest mistakes in years. They were facing bankruptcy a couple years ago and only started recovering recently but reported a lot of financial loses last year and DMC5 probably costed a lot to make and thus probably needed someone to foot the advertising cost and Microsoft stepped up or they had to rely on Microsoft since Sony is advertising RE2. Not too long ago SF5 is a PS4 and PC exclusive because Sony paid almost half of the development cost. Yes the development costs it was so bad for them Capcom couldn't fully cover the development costs of some of their games. Microsoft wanted something exclusive in return and they got the first demo and as confirmed by officials the only exclusive demo they will be getting. Its as berto said companies make these type of deals all the time. Its called doing business and I'm going to say this and say this over and over again until you finally get it. Once a demo drop for PS4 too we will forget this ever happened. We will all enjoy the demo like a bunch of ****ing sheep and probably wont care. Not even when Capcom announces the date for the next demo available for all platforms we will stop caring. Just pray this is all Microsoft is getting and nothing else.

Yeah that’s true, but I was mainly talking about the FEEL of it, not so much the speed. It can kinda feel a bit floaty at times.

Really now? I hear everyone say the opposite that the combat feels less floaty and more weighted....or maybe I heard wrong.

While I don't have access to demo I can recommend some tips and tricks (that I've heard from others)that could improve your experience such as performing Break Away can cancel any animation even Break Age attacks (although they won't come out since you cancelled them and destroyed the arm). Landing an Ex Act (meaning revving during a strike) during an attack will make the attack faster and hit harder. Perform the air taunt in mid air to gain more air time and to dodge attacks. Performing the side dodge/roll while attacking gives you a side step that is quicker and can be chained into other side steps and actually can last long as you can keep chaining them. Try using Overture's Battery to parry Goliath's charge attack when you are outside the church. You can shoot and reflect the cars Goliath throw at you as well as parry his fireballs especially with Gerbera. Gerbera can reflect projectile attacks and Overture can parry physical attacks. Also try using Petal Ray (Gerbera's Aerial Breakage Move) in doors. Use Overture Battery if the enemy is below you to knock them down (it creates bounce and they bounce off the floor into the air).

For as limited as you are in the demo it seems you can perform a lot of crazy stuff there.

Sean Gow

Well I guess MHW wasn't a very apt comparison but to be fair Xbox really don't have much to any multiplat franchises where the franchise is mostly on their side. I guess maybe something like a Call of Duty and Battlefield. I still find it baffling Square is putting KH3 on the XboxOne without release the collections on the XboxOne. Great marketing there Square.

Its not because they can just do it its because Microsoft wants something from their deal if their going to pay for their promotion of the game saving Capcom money. If Sony was paying for their promotion it would be the reverse situation but its not its Sony (granted Sony is paying for RE2 Remakes promotion so I doubt Sony has the money to promote both RE2 and DMC5 well they probably do but probably don't want to). Capcom never releases demos this early. Us PS4 owners are still going to get a demo so I fail to see how this is overstepping consumer/creator boundaries. Its a freaking demo (a gimped one at that).

People got up their butts about microtransanctions because the past few years has been nothing but AAA publishers using them in the most egregious ways possible. Microtransactions due to how they've been both misused and overused to the point they're the second most hated things in gaming right now (right behind loot boxes). While we know the MTX in DMC5 probably wont be intrusive based on DMC4SE and director/producer statements its kind of hard for everyone else to accept them because they've been conditioned to seeing being used in the most greedy and consumer abusive ways possible. MTX since their conception has always been hated. Just the fact DMC5 has them (when they don't need it) when plenty of other single players has gotten by without them. Plus MTX affects the final product. A timed exclusive demo does not. The truth is Capcom doesn't need to give us a demo. Not every game comes with a demo **** KH3 doesn't have a demo planned but people are still going to buy that. So demos are not some metric meter used to measure how far stepping the boundaries are when it comes consumer/creator relationships.

At worst its just annoying (but far from the worst thing they can do) but I will live. Life will move on. I have other things I can do.

Besides this is Capcom. On-disc DLC Capcom, cancelling games Capcom, rushing out games Capcom, making RE4 a (timed) Gamecube exclusive Capcom, lets make the legit sequel to one of our most anticipated RPGs a mobile game Capcom, lets reboot the franchise that is at the height of its popularity Capcom, 30 fps feels like 60 fps Capcom (although they proceed to brag about 60 fps much later), making the ending of your game DLC Capcom. And THIS is where you question Capcom's decision making!?

If anything this is one of Capcom's least dumbest mistakes in years. They were facing bankruptcy a couple years ago and only started recovering recently but reported a lot of financial loses last year and DMC5 probably costed a lot to make and thus probably needed someone to foot the advertising cost and Microsoft stepped up or they had to rely on Microsoft since Sony is advertising RE2. Not too long ago SF5 is a PS4 and PC exclusive because Sony paid almost half of the development cost. Yes the development costs it was so bad for them Capcom couldn't fully cover the development costs of some of their games. Microsoft wanted something exclusive in return and they got the first demo and as confirmed by officials the only exclusive demo they will be getting. Its as berto said companies make these type of deals all the time. Its called doing business and I'm going to say this and say this over and over again until you finally get it. Once a demo drop for PS4 too we will forget this ever happened. We will all enjoy the demo like a bunch of ****ing sheep and probably wont care. Not even when Capcom announces the date for the next demo available for all platforms we will stop caring. Just pray this is all Microsoft is getting and nothing else.

Really now? I hear everyone say the opposite that the combat feels less floaty and more weighted....or maybe I heard wrong.

While I don't have access to demo I can recommend some tips and tricks (that I've heard from others)that could improve your experience such as performing Break Away can cancel any animation even Break Age attacks (although they won't come out since you cancelled them and destroyed the arm). Landing an Ex Act (meaning revving during a strike) during an attack will make the attack faster and hit harder. Perform the air taunt in mid air to gain more air time and to dodge attacks. Performing the side dodge/roll while attacking gives you a side step that is quicker and can be chained into other side steps and actually can last long as you can keep chaining them. Try using Overture's Battery to parry Goliath's charge attack when you are outside the church. You can shoot and reflect the cars Goliath throw at you as well as parry his fireballs especially with Gerbera. Gerbera can reflect projectile attacks and Overture can parry physical attacks. Also try using Petal Ray (Gerbera's Aerial Breakage Move) in doors. Use Overture Battery if the enemy is below you to knock them down (it creates bounce and they bounce off the floor into the air).

For as limited as you are in the demo it seems you can perform a lot of crazy stuff there.

Can’t wait to get out of work and smash this demo now.
I’m gonna try a few of those cancels out and see what’s happening!

With regards to it feeling floaty, like I said, it can sometimes feel floaty. Not all the time. But sometimes when you’re performing aerial moves, it can sometimes feel like there is definitely a lag between button input, to the actual move happening. And especially in the air, sometimes Nero can just feel like he’s just flying all over the gaff when all you want to do is target a certain enemy.

But again I’m gonna put that down to my Xbox as I haven’t experienced the demo on an Xbox One X.

It’s a funny one yano, because I’m really really enjoying it. It just feels a bit mad. Guess we’re just gonna have to get used to it.

I think it’s a bit of a paradox because, since it plays SO much like ‘DMC4 - Part 2’ instead of a complete new entry all together with a completely different feel..
When things start to actually feel different, or Nero’s body reacts differently to an input you’re so used to from muscle memory.. it really catches you off guard.

Like, the timing window for performing his onground pause combo is HUGE, and it can sometimes feel like it takes a million years to initiate it, or you rush and end up just performing his normal combo and it can eat a bit frustrating.

I’m gonna go home from work tonight and absolutely blitz this demo all over the place.

I keep getting S but I haven’t managed to SS it yet, Goliath keeps catching me with at least one ale house in every run through

Does anyone know if you can SSS the missions like in DmC or have they just gone back to the old format of SS??

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!

You've nearly hit every nail on the head. The only ones you missed are let's do a gritty reboot for one of our 80s franchises Capcom, shutdown an in-house studio that has been doing decent so far Capcom, and we want the Call of Duty audience with our two zombie game franchises Capcom.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well I guess MHW wasn't a very apt comparison but to be fair Xbox really don't have much to any multiplat franchises where the franchise is mostly on their side.

That's mostly because Microsoft butted into the game industry like it owned the place and didn't offer a strong variety. Most multiplatform titles are from franchises or developers with a longstanding fanbase, mostly from an entirely different platform from Microsoft's. Of course you have the people who will play a game on whichever system is stronger, but at that point a lot of them play on PC. Maybe there's still some bitterness there that I don't think Microsoft ever deserved our respect in the industry, even in this case, or the case of all those old JRPGs that were held hostage on the Xbox360 - they just have so much money to toss around, and they don't think. There were some solid JRPGs on the Xbox360 but it was all their attempt to get build a market in Japan with their system where there was literally nothing. They had too focused of an offering that didn't appeal to a large majority of the market they were trying to get at, not when Playstation existed for damn near everthing, and Nintendo, being the special flower that it is, covers all of the family-friendly and charm-out-the-ass games; Japan didn't need the Xbox, and even the West barely needed it, especially now with the PS4 being the dominant platform (Nintendo notwithstanding because special flower). It's nice Microsoft dumped a bunch of money on Capcom so they could develop DMC5, but it's not going to boost the sales of their dumb system, and all it did is cause a little schism with this demo junk. I sure as hell don't feel like buying an Xbox One for any reason, least of all this.

People are reactionary and dumb, and don't like to see past their own noses when it comes to a preconceived notion like this idea that microtransactions will hurt the game. It's so amazing that they'll listen to the dev team's statements like it's absolute gospel right up until they hear something they don't like, and cannot be convinced otherwise. It affects the final product only because they let those preconceived notions rule what they do. It's absurd that the inclusion of microtransactions is proclaimed the death knell of a game and people write the whole thing off before ever seeing how it will affect things, and then it's a self-fulfilling prophecy because, again, people are reactionary and dumb. Concern over what they can do is one thing, immediately dismissing the game entirely is another. Be against microtransactions, whatever, I don't care, but be against them when they're actually a problem, and stop ****ing over games before they have the opportunity to even defend themselves.

No, see, I said that this sucked because Capcom was doing so well recently. That's what I mean about generating ill will. They built up so much good will over the past couple of years with baller releases and announcements, and this certainly doesn't help them maintain that good will at all.

Goldsickle

Not sure how I feel about Super Buster.
Use it once and your Buster Arm breaks, even if the buster animation probably involves you thrusting and slashing with the Red Queen.

I hope Nero with his Devil Buster is something you can unlock.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Can’t wait to get out of work and smash this demo now.
I’m gonna try a few of those cancels out and see what’s happening!

With regards to it feeling floaty, like I said, it can sometimes feel floaty. Not all the time. But sometimes when you’re performing aerial moves, it can sometimes feel like there is definitely a lag between button input, to the actual move happening. And especially in the air, sometimes Nero can just feel like he’s just flying all over the gaff when all you want to do is target a certain enemy.

But again I’m gonna put that down to my Xbox as I haven’t experienced the demo on an Xbox One X.

It’s a funny one yano, because I’m really really enjoying it. It just feels a bit mad. Guess we’re just gonna have to get used to it.

I think it’s a bit of a paradox because, since it plays SO much like ‘DMC4 - Part 2’ instead of a complete new entry all together with a completely different feel..
When things start to actually feel different, or Nero’s body reacts differently to an input you’re so used to from muscle memory.. it really catches you off guard.

Like, the timing window for performing his onground pause combo is HUGE, and it can sometimes feel like it takes a million years to initiate it, or you rush and end up just performing his normal combo and it can eat a bit frustrating.

I’m gonna go home from work tonight and absolutely blitz this demo all over the place.

I keep getting S but I haven’t managed to SS it yet, Goliath keeps catching me with at least one ale house in every run through

Does anyone know if you can SSS the missions like in DmC or have they just gone back to the old format of SS??

After doing some research on the matter yeah I can see where you're coming from. Due to the more realistic animations the combat is more weighted and less flashy. Its the direction Capcom wants to go something about hyper realism and having the animations match it to prevent some uncanny valley looking effect (of having realistic models performing animeish overstylized attack animations can look finicky or unnatural to some). I got this quote online about the floatiness.

The first one is a concern that was around here a few weeks ago, that the characters (especially Dante) felt a bit too "floaty". I believe Nero has this problem after playing the demo, though it's much less intense than with Dante. It was really easy to stay in the air and do several combos at a time, sometimes it took a bit too long for Nero to fall back into the ground on the Goliath fight. One little detail is that Nero used to be "heavier" when the Red Queen was charged in 4, he fell more quickly and didn't ascend as much while using Roulette Spin. From what I've seen this is basically gone in 5, which is the main factor for Nero's "floatiness". However, it wouldn't be something I'd go crazy about if they didn't change it in the final product.

EDIT: So, I've played it again and tested the lock-on thing /u/90k9 said. I noticed no difference in the falling speed while locked on and not, both with Exceed and without.

I also just made some testing with DMC4 and I believe to have found out why Nero feels "floaty" in the demo. But first, let me make a correction: I said that in DMC4 Nero falls quicker with a charged Red Queen. This is wrong, he only falls quicker while doing Exceed attacks.

Now to my findings: The cause for the problem is the number of attacks Nero does in a single, non Air Hike jump. In DMC4, Nero is able to do the Aerial Combo twice before reaching the ground (6 hits total). In the demo, he can do it 3 times plus one extra hit before landing (10 hits total). The falling speed seemed similar in both while just jumping without doing combos, but he falls more slowly with combos in the demo.

Something I've also noticed is that Nero doesn't fall at all during the first Aerial Combo/Roulette Spin he executes in the demo. This is not true for DMC4, as he will fall normally during the first combo. Also, in DMC4 you can still do 2 Aerial Combos in a jump even with exceed level 3, but he falls more quickly during the first 3 hits. In the demo, Nero still doesn't fall at all with Exceed during the first combo.

However wont the floatiness be a more beneficial thing you have more openings for aerial combos since you don't descend as fast. At least its not as floaty as Bayonetta (where performing combos can keep you in the air basically forever).

As far as I know they're probably going back to the old school S mission rank system but Orb count and time aren't factored just combat encounters.

No, see, I said that this sucked because Capcom was doing so well recently. That's what I mean about generating ill will. They built up so much good will over the past couple of years with baller releases and announcements, and this certainly doesn't help them maintain that good will at all.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/feat...hind-paid-dlc-regular-ending-is-a-cliffhanger
https://gamerant.com/street-fighter-5-unfinished-opinion/
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-12-08-street-fighter-5-gets-in-game-ads
https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/18/capcom-closes-vancouver-studio-dead-rising/

img_4195.jpg

If the issue is damaging good will rather than being actually harmful to the overall game and consumer experience wouldn't the issue with the song and MTX be more damaging to their good will. I don't see threads that go on forever and posts (on here or anywhere) saying this is bad or sucks, I don't see articles popping up saying why this is evil, I don't see videos about the subject matter or reaction videos to those videos, I literally don't see people threatening to cancel their pre-orders or say they will boycott the game, I literally don't see people talk about it outside the occasional jealous remark or people like me who understands why its a thing and understands like ADULTS how businesses are and operates and is willing to wait since we will be getting a demo eventually.

As far as Im aware it is not going to do a dent to Capcom's good will and if it does it will quickly buffer out.

Is Hyde and L'arc en Ciel the same person?

Hyde was a member of L'arc en Ciel but he left to go solo. I heard he got back with them but don't know if that was temporary or permanent.

DarkSlayerVergil

Street Fighter 5 Arcade Edition remedied most complaints people had about the launch not to say that it wasn't a bad move by Capcom but it also ignores some of the bs other game companies has gotten away with that honestly worse then what Capcom has done with SFV. Example T7 launched with less characters than T6, an arcade mode with no endings(mind you characters episodes made this null and void), and T7 had even less content when it was in arcades. Then thiers also the fact that Namco made people pay for TK- bowl(a mink game that already free in previous tekken games) and veteran characters like Anna, Lei Wulong, Marduck, Armor King, and Julia. These characters were promised originally to be free by Harada but were still made purcasable later on. With SFV implementation of Fight-Money you're able to afford dlc characters without using real money plus theirs costumes that's affordable as well with it.

MVCI is a pretty bad example since it's quite obvious thier was some meddling from Disney since the roster itself was majority MCU centric as with most other Marvel products post Disney buy outs(Disney Infinity and Marvel Heroes Omega comes to mind). Infinite also had many other problems like clashing art style and voice acting.

Top Bottom