• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Erian1Mortal

Premium

So IKevinX was able to get a quick interview with Senior Producer Okabe and based on what he claims Okabe says.

-The weapons Dante gets in the game are represented by bosses (meaning each new weapon comes with a boss fight) but the way it is worded it may not involve every weapon so Cavaliere already has a boss fight with it and Balrog, Cerberus, and Faust could be potential bosses in the game.
-They never showed off all the weapons at NYCC. This could mostly mean Dante and not Dante and Nero but once again it would be very disappointing if they just mean V. But then again they said nearly all so they're probably referring to Dante (he probably has 1 gun and 1 DA left or something).

From what I remember we start out with Balrog equipped, so we have 2 Melee Weapons and 2 Guns right from the get go with Dante.
I personally hope to be able to fill 2 different Loadouts, wich is wishful thinking I know since that would mean 8 Melee Weapons and 8 Guns.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
From what I remember we start out with Balrog equipped, so we have 2 Melee Weapons and 2 Guns right from the get go with Dante.

Where did you hear that?

I find it odd that at NYCC they said that the Balrog weapons if place together formed his face and it's obvious by DMC5 weapon bio Balrog is a very important demon so it's heavily implied that they have a design for Balrog. It would be odd they put so much emphasis on the weapon and it's demon's history (the damn thing talks to Dante like Agni and Rudra) and just have it be there from the start with not much explanation or an appearance.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Where did you hear that?

I find it odd that at NYCC they said that the Balrog weapons if place together formed his face and it's obvious by DMC5 weapon bio Balrog is a very important demon so it's heavily implied that they have a design for Balrog. It would be odd they put so much emphasis on the weapon and it's demon's history (the damn thing talks to Dante like Agni and Rudra) and just have it be there from the start with not much explanation or an appearance.
tumblr_pfq0asGKYb1vsb5ezo2_1280.jpg

I think it was in this interview. Can't find an accurate translation for it right now (didn't translate this myself).

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
@Erian1Mortal

Well whenever you (or someone else) get it translated I'll be waiting.

Also you want Dante to have 16 weapons now that really is wishing thinking hahaha:laugh:

I'm just hoping for 10 (as much as DMC3). Its wishful thinking to ask for more beyond that since they have to work with 2 other characters too. If Dante was the only playable character that would be possible.

Maybe down the line as DLC Dante's weapon count will go up to that number or close.

EDIT

Since there was a time jump in the game from Dante being defeated and captured to now there could be DLC episodes what other characters explaining what was happening during that timeskip. This may not work with Trish and perhaps Lady since they were captured too but this could make good space for a Vergil and Lucia chapter

Last edited:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
@Erian1Mortal

Well whenever you (or someone else) get it translated I'll be waiting.

Also you want Dante to have 16 weapons now that really is wishing thinking hahaha:laugh:

I'm just hoping for 10 (as much as DMC3). Its wishful thinking to ask for more beyond that since they have to work with 2 other characters too. If Dante was the only playable character that would be possible.

Maybe down the line as DLC Dante's weapon count will go up to that number or close.

EDIT

Since there was a time jump in the game from Dante being defeated and captured to now there could be DLC episodes what other characters explaining what was happening during that timeskip. This may not work with Trish and perhaps Lady since they were captured too but this could make good space for a Vergil and Lucia chapter

Just looked through the discord where I saw it first, one of the members there translated this.

His translation:
ゲーム中では描かれていないのですが、これはかつてダンテがバルログという炎の悪魔を倒して、手に入れた武器なんですよね。
"It's not depicted in the game, but Dante defeated a fire demon called Balrog and obtained it as a weapon."

Google translate:
It is not drawn in the game, but this is the weapon that Dante once knocked down the devil of fire called Barroog.

DMC5itsuno_balrog.png

berto

I Saw the Devil
Just looked through the discord where I saw it first, one of the members there translated this.

His translation:
ゲーム中では描かれていないのですが、これはかつてダンテがバルログという炎の悪魔を倒して、手に入れた武器なんですよね。
"It's not depicted in the game, but Dante defeated a fire demon called Balrog and obtained it as a weapon."

Google translate:
It is not drawn in the game, but this is the weapon that Dante once knocked down the devil of fire called Barroog.

DMC5itsuno_balrog.png
Oh, come on! They did the same thing with DMC4 where Dante defeated all these demons but no one gets to actually see it. That gets annoying before long.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I'm fine with it if it's only that one weapon though.
That means we have the classic combo right from the start and more unique or new weapons are what's left.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Wait what? When did that happen in DMC4? What demons?
Lucifer for certain. Gilgamesh and Pandora, maybe.

In the DMC4 novel, according to the transcript from Devil's Lair (I haven't gotten to the Dante book), Bariel recognized Lucire and knew Dante had defeated him in battle. Apparently the rules state that a demon will become a devil arm when said devil acknowledges the power of his opponent or when don't admit it but they still know that their opponent is their better in their heart of hearts.

If I remember right, Trish is the one who game the order those arms. I have to look it up again, but it should be in the novel.

Goldsickle

This may not be a day one purchase for me.
Maybe wait till the price go down or buy a "special edition" with all the DLCs and stuff.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Lucifer for certain. Gilgamesh and Pandora, maybe.

In the DMC4 novel, according to the transcript from Devil's Lair (I haven't gotten to the Dante book), Bariel recognized Lucire and knew Dante had defeated him in battle. Apparently the rules state that a demon will become a devil arm when said devil acknowledges the power of his opponent or when don't admit it but they still know that their opponent is their better in their heart of hearts.

If I remember right, Trish is the one who game the order those arms. I have to look it up again, but it should be in the novel.

Interesting. From the game, it seemed to only imply that Trish brought them Sparda (as Gloria) so she could earn their trust, but Lady mentions that the Order of the Sword had been gathering devil arms on their own, and would "butt in on some of [her] jobs." I had always assumed the devil arms powering the Hellgates (that is to say, the weapons Dante gets) had been gathered by the Order itself in their own hunts, and were just sitting there for Dante to take after he beat the boss that came out of the Hellgate.

tumblr_pe6t05LSVm1t2mzwbo1_500.jpg

I don't know if it's intentional but I can't imagine it not being.

It's also just been the pose he takes before chucking his sword for Round Trip.

berto

I Saw the Devil
1540245792794.png

I never realized that those spike on his chest were wings.

I had always assumed the devil arms powering the Hellgates (that is to say, the weapons Dante gets) had been gathered by the Order itself in their own hunts, and were just sitting there for Dante to take after he beat the boss that came out of the Hellgate.
Yeah, for the longest time that was my assumption too. Even Lady says that they were collecting Devil Arms. Apparently they also traveled to hell itself to collect demons and DAs. It's where they found Yamato. Like I said, I know Lucifer for sure but not so much for Pandora or Gilgamesh.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
1540245792794.png

I never realized that those spike on his chest were wings.

Yeah, for the longest time that was my assumption too. Even Lady says that they were collecting Devil Arms. Apparently they also traveled to hell itself to collect demons and DAs. It's where they found Yamato. Like I said, I know Lucifer for sure but not so much for Pandora or Gilgamesh.

Hmmm its more apparent in DMC5 since they turn into wings now. Also a bit impractically designed placement for wings if you ask me.

I think the Novel only stated that Lucifer was a demon Dante defeated and turned into a Devil Arm. There are other sources where it has stated that Dante sells off some of his Devil Arms for cash so Dante could've sold off Lucifer and the Order found it that way.

berto

I Saw the Devil
There are other sources where it has stated that Dante sells off some of his Devil Arms for cash so Dante could've sold off Lucifer and the Order found it that way.
The point wasn't that they got it from Trish, that was just a side note. I was complaining that I don't like how what could be significant demons become devil arms off screen and that Balrog wasn't the first. Once I can let go of but this is becoming a habit.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The point wasn't that they got it from Trish, that was just a side note. I was complaining that I don't like how what could be significant demons become devil arms off screen and that Balrog wasn't the first. Once I can let go of but this is becoming a habit.

Yeah I can forgive DMC4 because it served a very strong narrative point (although beating a demon called Lucifer off screen is probably the worst thing DMC can probably ever do) but Balrog!? I actually wanted to see and fight the demon that came from that weapon.

LIKE SERIOUSLY!? What next Dante just finds Cerberus as a weapon laying in a pile rubble.

Are they shafting Dante again for cool boss fights. I just hope that article isn't literal otherwise they better make up for the lost a potentially cool boss fight for Dante for another one.....and more than 4 weapons if we start out with 2.

berto

I Saw the Devil
LIKE SERIOUSLY!? What next Dante just finds Cerberus as a weapon laying in a pile rubble.
I wouldn't mind that too much. Finding weapons in the world is very common, that's not a bad thing. The issue would be if they put it on some random, uninteresting, boring location. In DMC1 they made it epic when you found a DA. They spoke to you and then they tried to kill you and Dante would be all 'hehe:cool:. No:devil::mad:'. In DMC2 the amulets looked like they were trying to spear you. It doesn't have to be bosses converted to DA (which in itself isn't a bad idea but, honestly, it was a good concept in 3 because it was different from 1 and 2, but I'd like something new, now), as long as it's epic, I don't mind, but if you specifically say that the weapon came from a demon and you don't show it, specially when you call them Lucifer and Balrog, that's so not Raven. I mean, come on. One's the devil himself and the other is one of the most iconic and impressive creatures from the LotR, could you be any more of a c' tease?

ShiningTempest

I want another weapon for Dante. 5 weapons just like DMC3.

Also where is news of Bayo 3? That game got announced long before DMC5 and we got nothing at all.

DMC5 vs Bayonetta 3 gonna be hype.
Ironic how two of Kamiya's own creations are competing for supremacy.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
DMC5 vs Bayonetta 3 gonna be hype.
Ironic how two of Kamiya's own creations are competing for supremacy.

This could be the entire reason why there hasn't been any info. It's probably still in its early stages and they don't want to bother competing with DMC5's hype. Not to mention, Capcom works a bit differently, and honestly probably feels like they need to make it up to fans by assuring them the game is good or something.

Top Bottom