• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Bury the Light but it’s metal
I love his covers. He's also done Devil Trigger, Crimson Cloud, and Subhuman. Also, still DMC but outside of 5, he's done Devils Never cry, Shall Never Surrender, and Taste The Blood (If I'm not mistaken), Divine Hate, and Lock and Load

berto

I Saw the Devil
I keep looking but I can't seem to find this interview where Itsuno mentions that he's learned to not change Dante around too much. Does anyone know where it is?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I'll be getting the special edition, physically, in 1.5 to 2 years.

Finally managed to beat mission 19 on DMD in a No Damage, No Death run! The fight was freaking epic!

Goldsickle

Replayed DMC5 and got so damn rusty at it.

Died three times in mission 11 on DMD.

... but I still got an S rank, despite the triple death penalty.

I know, I'm scratching my head as well.

Goldsickle

Continuing from a checkpoint in a "boss mission" in DMC5 does not count as a "death".
I died many times trying to find methods to defeat Urizen (Mission 17) and Vergil (Mission 19) as Dante on DMD and I either restart from a checkpoint in the pause menu or after death.

But when I finally defeat these bosses, the game didn't count me dying and continuing from checkpoint as a "death" and I managed to get an S rank for both these battles due to the "No Continues" bonus.

I guess it's only a "death" if you revive in the middle of the fight.

I do not know if it has always been this way or it was patched.
I remember that if you "restart checkpoint" in the middle of a stage, it counted as a death before.

EDIT: It seems like it does not count as a "death" or "continue" if you restarted on the very beginning of the chapter.
After you trigger the first checkpoint, any restarting from then will be considered a "continue".

Last edited:

Goldsickle

I don't like how taunting works in this game.

Back in DMC4, when the taunting is "effective", you can see the Style meter slowly fill up and then you get a boost when the taunt completes.

Here in DMC5, you only get the "boost" when the taunt is complete.
But because you don't see the slow filling up of the gauge, you have no idea if the taunt works yet or it still needs a "cool down".

berto

I Saw the Devil
I just got a very unique taunt. V does a spin in the air and lands on one knee with his arms open wide. Has anyone else seen it before?

Gaming sins is here!

Yeah, I know it's for the purposes of comedy but gamingsins shouldn't be something that's nagging at the plot of games. Those are secondary.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I just got a very unique taunt. V does a spin in the air and lands on one knee with his arms open wide. Has anyone else seen it before?
Yes. Multiple times. I've gotten this taunt more often that finisher with the Nobodies where V pimp smacks the damn things and stabs them in the head. I am surprised you've learned about it this late.

Yeah, I know it's for the purposes of comedy but gamingsins shouldn't be something that's nagging at the plot of games. Those are secondary.
Still better than Cinema Sins. At least this guy tries, even if he forgets certain details that he's complaining about.

Top Bottom