• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future DMC protagonist ideas?

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Will it be that Celtic mythlore thread , I will enjoy reading that lol

So much made up information on Celtic creatures

And of course the fact that Celtic and Gael mythlore are different but people take Celtic as being a representative of Irish demonology etc

If it's not that Picard then ignore this lol

As for my next idea for a protagonist, I like the idea of something akin to the dragon lineage in ninja gaiden

So a family line like that in DMC and the new protagonist is a half demon half dragon

Well yes, there will be significant elements of Irish mythology, possibly Celtic general as well, and likely Croatian / Slavic mythology as well.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Irish Gael mythology isn't represented online so good luck with that

The Celtic stuff covers Celts in general which is many nations together

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Most of it can't be found outside of here as it's not been digitised

So anything u do dig out is minimal overall

But have fun

tá sé míshásta áfach

Goldsickle

Maybe Sparda got horny one time in South East Asia gave birth to a descendant who lives there.
As a result, we get a Malaysian/Indonesian/Singaporean protagonist this time around and the demons are based on South East Asian mythology like the Garuda, Langsuir or Orang Minyak.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Maybe Sparda got horny one time in South East Asia gave birth to a descendant who lives there.
As a result, we get a Malaysian/Indonesian/Singaporean protagonist this time around and the demons are based on South East Asian mythology like the Garuda, Langsuir or Orang Minyak.

Rather have a new demon who Sparda knew did the same thing he did. Find love with a human. Maybe demon female. But anyway, I can picture a Southeast Asian demon hunter somehow.

Sparda’s got a good rep.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
How about more demon hunters of your own too?

Don't worry, I'll be including that as well. But I will also be including demons, bosses etc., so it wouldn't be appropriate to post it in this thread. Or maybe I should split it between protagonists and antagonists threads, even though I'm not sure whether generic enemies count as "antagonists"?

Goldsickle

Rather have a new demon who Sparda knew did the same thing he did.
Really itching to see more "Sparda respecter" type demon character, who shares Sparda's view of observing or living among humans.
Almost every f***ing demon you see in this series always wounds up being some complete animal who has disregard to human life.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
OK, I finished changing/fixing Culainn, so I will be moving onto other characters.
----------------------------------------------
Cu Chulainn

Demonic name: Cu Chulainn
Human name: Sétanta
Everyday name: Allen Darksider

Physical appearance

Normal appearance

Normally, Cu Chulainn is of a slight build; small, youthful and beardless. He is shorter than Dante, and possibly Nero as well. Even though athletic, he is also significantly less muscular than either of them, which plays into his playing style. Chulainn has blonde hair, with default hairstyle being a bob cut. Default outfit is a dress shirt, jodhpurs, and jodhpur boots with half-chaps, or alternatively a hoodie and sweatpants.

Unlockables gained based on playthrought performance would give more options. Hairstyles would be expanded, adding long “metalhead” hair, as well as more outfit options.

[Note: Chulainn's beardlessness and general youthfulness is a big factor in his legends, as some opponents would – initially, at least – refuse to fight a “beardless boy”]

Warp spasm

Warp spasm would react in a rather monstruous appearance. Temple-sinews would stretch to the nape of the neck, cheeks would open so that mouth would go back to the end of the jaw, hair would stand up on the head in spikes hard enough to impale a demon. Between spikes there would be lightning arcs. This form is rather monstruous, so it cannot be used while there are other people around, lest he be attacked by the military.

Images

Overall, the closest I can think of for his appearance in game would be Albert from Shingeki No Bahamut / Shadowverse.

811a40eb054cc4e3099d3c9cff26b427.jpg
76b4929d2145669489736cd15d7188f5.jpg

3b430c135eb9aaf76ea16f639406f6a5.jpg

When it comes to his Warp Spasm appearance (specifics of the ability later), that is harder to determine, but these are some images.
6vNQB.png

rns6D.png

YFmzh.png

There are two reasons why I have gone for an essentially bishounen appearance. First is that it is simply how he is described in the mythology, at least in his younger days. Second is that it contrasts nicely with his Warp Spasm. You can imagine demons going “this kid will be easy to hand... WTF IS THAT?!?”

Personality

Cu Chulainn is normally calm and collected person. When in combat, however, he is prone to giving in to anger, particularly if somebody he cares about had been hurt – even to the point of turning into a berserker. He is also confident in his own abilities, and always seeks to prove himself against ever more powerful opponents – be it in a practice fight or a life-or-death combat.

He has a very dry and sardonic sense of humor, to the point that half the time at least, other people do not even realize he is telling a joke.

History

Cu Chulainn is a demon who left demon world after meeting a human girl and falling in love with her. He promised to meet her again after he had found a way to control his warp spasms.

Combat abilities

General description

Compared to Dante and Nero, Cu Chulainn is of much slighter build – somewhat muscular, but rather slim. This translates into his combat style: attacks are based around speed, maneuverability and combos. Offensively, he relies on relatively weaker but very quick attacks, more akin to rapier fencing than anything else. Defensively, he suffers from increased knockback effects, requiring him to either redirect enemy attacks with well-timed counters (pressing offensive key right before enemy attack connects) or by evading them. Stronger enemies are also able to outright break through any passive block, again leading to importance of redirection and evasion. Because of this, his gameplay places heavy emphasis oncounterattacks, attacking immediately after evading enemy attack.

Red Rage

When Chulainn's health drops below 10%, he enters the “Red Rage”. In this state, his health slowly regenerates until it reaches a predetermined point (50% for starting point, upgrades via Red Orbs can push it up to 100%). This state significantly changes gameplay: his attacks become much more powerful but also much slower. He loses the ability to evade attacks, but gains the ability to block them without knockback effect.

Warp Spasm

Warp Spasm is present in the place of Devil Trigger, and it does a complete 180 on Chulainn's combat style. In this form, he uses no weapons, and much like the Red Rage, he cannot evade attacks but can block them without knockback effect.

Weapons

Culainn has three basic weapons: a sword, a spear, and a sling. All three start as normal weapons, but can be upgraded with lightning-based attacks. Lightning charge is built up by killing demons, and is built up more quickly if higher style rank is achieved. At start, maximum charge is three points, but can be upgraded to maximum of seven points.

Sword and spear can be used in three basic ways:
  • normal melee attacks
  • electrified melee attacks
    • able to stun all non-electric enemies, for anywhere between 0,1 and 4 seconds depending on opponent's size
    • require built-up charge and precise timing
  • ranged electric attacks
    • able to stun groups of enemies, but for no more than a second
    • significantly reduced damage
    • range of 12 meters
Later he acquires Gae Bulg, a throwing spear made of the bone of a water demon which lodges itself inside the target and lets out barbs which completely skewer the target in question.

Sling is very weak, but has range of few dozen meters. It can receive “lightning stone” upgrade, allowing it to stun enemies with electric discharge upon hit.

Moveset

Levin Sword
  • Sting – quick stab at the enemy straight in front
  • Reverse Sting – stab at the enemy to the rear
  • King – skyward cut launching the enemy up combined with four quick slashes at the apex
  • High King – electrically-charged King attack
  • Holy Ground – area-of-effect attack. After charging up at least four electricity points, Chulainn stabs ground and releases electric discharge over a wide area. Ineffective against flying and electric-style enemies.
  • Health to Company – area-of-effect attack. Execution same as Holy Ground, but over smaller area, affects flying enemies as well, and requires six electricity points. If done in the air after King, it uses the enemy as a conduit to disperse lightning over area underneath.
  • Rocky Road – stabs the sword in the ground and sends a lightning discharge on a straight line along the surface towards the enemy. Spends one electricity point per attack.
  • One Road – much more powerful and longer-ranged version of the Road which also fans out with distance. Uses seven electricity points per attack.
  • Friends For Life – creates an electric doppeganger which mimics all of players moves, but facing rearwards. Lasts for seven seconds, and uses seven electricity points.
  • Rover – a series of quick drawing slashes (stab-slash) aimed at bypassing enemy defences with an overwhelming number of quick attacks.
  • Wild Rover – electrically-charged Rover.

Hurley
  • Whack a Mole – a powerful overhead swing
  • Big Man Down – uses electricity to reinforce Whack a Mole
  • Step It Out – strikes at four different places in a rectangular pattern, creating a momentary electric barrier that can cancel out non-electric attacks and throw away non-electric enemies
  • Blows – swings hurley in a defensive circular pattern
  • Unkind Words – Blows move reinforced with electricity
  • Moon Rising – electrically-charged uppercut swing that launches enemy skyward
  • Jolly Executioner – strikes at the enemy legs to throw them to ground

Warp Spasm
  • Punch – a simple melee punch
  • Brew – an electrically-charged punch
  • Whiskey – a running charge attack ending in slam dunk
  • Poitin – overhead swing with both fists

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Lol so you added in the Hurley I see , that's not widely known outside of here that he used one or a sliotar

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Only for one thing which has never been taken serious

Also a sliotar is not like a regular ball , especially the old type

Look em up

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Only for one thing which has never been taken serious

Also a sliotar is not like a regular ball , especially the old type

Look em up

Is that when he killed that dog by force-feeding him the ball? And yeah, I looked sliotar up and apparently it has wooden core instead of air sack.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
A wolf not a dog and he didn't force feed it he hit the sliotar into its throat to kill it as it lunged for him

(Supposedly)

It's a waste of time reading up on it from another country lad

There is so many things wrong , it's like Chinese whispers, the original stories change over and over when you look into it from abroad

Picard

Starfleet Demon
A wolf not a dog and he didn't force feed it he hit the sliotar into its throat to kill it as it lunged for him

(Supposedly)

It's a waste of time reading up on it from another country lad

There is so many things wrong , it's like Chinese whispers, the original stories change over and over when you look into it from abroad

Actually, that part was correct, it is just that my memory is crap.

Anyway:
Sliotar
  • Pitch – hurls a ball at the enemy
  • Power Pitch – electrifies the ball before hurling it at the enemy
  • Hunger Game – throws the electrified ball into enemy's mouth

And I wouldn't say it is a waste of time, even if some things may not be correct I doubt that everything is wrong.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
If you say so man lol , a lot of things on the internet about the mythlore are straight up just made up though

Just giving u a heads-up

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Anything from Southeast Asia? Someone like that to add into DMC would be nice.
  • Malaysia?
  • Singapore?
  • Indonesia?
  • Thailand?
  • Philippines?
Plus imagine a female Voldo-like contortionist joining the team for stealth missions. And Patty as the new summoner after V.

Top Bottom