• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future DMC protagonist ideas?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
You could just make it so the demon side of the blind hunter allows them to see

And their hearing , smell etc are superhuman

Allowing them to hear particles , weapons , hair follicles and all things moving

Give them esp too to sense movements etc

Don't need sight then

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
@Ronin
I'd make him/her a criminal/mercenary/cop who loses their eyesight on the job. They end up being approached by a demon who offers a deal- they act as his/her agent for a job and in exchange, their eyesight will return.

I pictured someone who Dante once saved when he was a kid. He hopes to one day find him and thank him. But a cop would be nice, maybe as a rookie back then.

How about powers? Think of the Devil Breaker. But I’m talking supernatural eyes. And weapons? I think of a polearm weapon like Daredevil's. Turning into...
  • Bo staff
  • Grappling hook
  • Spear/Halberd/Naginata/Kwan Dao/Yari/Scythe
  • Nunchaku
  • Sansetsukon
  • Kali-Eskrima sticks/Drum (taiko) sticks
  • Manrikigama
  • Kusarigama

Last edited:

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I pictured someone who Dante once saved when he was a kid. He hopes to one day find him and thank him. But a cop would be nice, maybe as a rookie back then.

How about powers? Think of the Devil Breaker. But I’m talking supernatural eyes. And weapons? I think of a polearm weapon like Daredevil's. Turning into...
  • Bo staff
  • Grappling hook
  • Spear/Halberd/Naginata/Kwan Dao/Yari/Scythe
  • Nunchaku
  • Sansetsukon
  • Kali-Eskrima sticks/Drum (taiko) sticks
  • Manrikigama
  • Kusarigama

You could have something similar to Dante, a guy who defeats demons and turns them into weapons. Except weapons are still sentient, move on their own - albeit under telepathic control - and can change shape to an extent (so a polearm can only change into other polearms, but not into a sword or a mace).

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
What about a cambion which is quarter human 3 quarters proto Angelo

Or half and half

Thanks to its human blood it's more powerful than both , so it's like a super Angelo

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
You could have something similar to Dante, a guy who defeats demons and turns them into weapons. Except weapons are still sentient, move on their own - albeit under telepathic control - and can change shape to an extent (so a polearm can only change into other polearms, but not into a sword or a mace).

Well my concern for the character is powers for his eyes.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about a new devil hunter who has a Devil Breaker for legs? Need a good name: Devil Crawler?

Perhaps with something like...
latest

latest

latest

latest

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Sorry Ronin buddy but that looks like something from 90's power rangers lol

Well I asked what everyone would think of how a legged demon hunter would work since Nero's Devil Breaker arms. A female one would work. But ignore the "PR" work, and look at how Devil Breakers for legs can work out for such a hunter.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Those ones are way too bulky, if you want breakers for a leg then the demon/person they go on should be an amputee

Then it could look like a cybernetic leg but have multiple attack funtions

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought having a character based on Sun Wukong could be fun.

There was a gag where no one believes he actually is the traditional Sun wukong but that could be cheap.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I thought having a character based on Sun Wukong could be fun.

There was a gag where no one believes he actually is the traditional Sun Wukong but that could be cheap.

Don't know how the monkey king can work out. Either as a hunter of a demon.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hear me out, a dying demon puts his soul into a dying human so they can both survive. The resulting (permanent) fusion means that both the body and mind is now a hybrid of demon and human as they try to find their way in the world as they are rejected by both sides. With only revenge on his mind initially, the hybrid seeks out the demon that killed his two predecessors but over time comes to appreciate helping others from the shadows and becomes an unlikely champion for the peace of the human world. Or something cheesy like that anyways...

In combat he uses more heavy weapons like big axes and because of his demonic nature he does get stunned if he takes (low level) damage mid-combo allowing you to just plough through demons. While he looks mostly human with a few demonic traits, his Devil Trigger flips the ratio to where he looks almost completely demonic with only a few traces of his human shape.

onepunch-man-11802049.jpg

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How many main heroes would you expect to see in DMC?

Yu-Gi-Oh!:
  1. Yugi Muto
  2. Jaden/Judai Yuki
  3. Yusei Fudo
  4. Yuma Tsukumo
  5. Yuya Sakaki
  6. Yusaku Fujiki
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure:
  1. Jonathan Joestar
  2. Joseph Joestar
  3. Jotaro Kujo
  4. Josuke Higashikata
  5. Giorno Giovanni
  6. Joylene Kujo
Castlevania:
  1. Leon Belmont
  2. Trevor Belmont
  3. Christopher Belmont
  4. Simon Belmont
  5. Juste Belmont
  6. Richter Belmont
  7. Julius Belmont
  8. Shanoa
  9. Soma Cruz

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
They mentioned that instead of doing Atreus in God of War (ps4), they thought about having Kratos travel with his wife. So I'd probably have Dante team up with his future wife in a future game.

She'd probably be a full demon.

Top Bottom