• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

First 4 Figures of Classic Dante & Vergil Incoming

Meg

What is even.....?

The fact that this forum has stooped so low that simply stating your opinion equates to "starting something" is just sad. Stop taking things so seriously.

This thread is about discussing new DMC figures for goodness sakes. Focus on that.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I just want to see something different from what we always get. I loved that we got a DMC1 figure, but all I've ever been seeing when it comes to figures of Devil May Cry is DMC3 Dante and DMC3 Vergil. Not really knocking these new figures cause they ARE cool looking, I gotta admit now that I really look at them, but I'd also like to see different figures then JUST DMC3 Dante and Vergil all the time.

Is it really too much to ask for a DMC2 or DmC Dante and Vergil figures?

They gotta go for what they know will sell best, I imagine.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I dunno...if Capcom could license a figurine of DMC1 Dante, I'm sure they could do the same for DMC2. Neglecting the reboot is understandable, because it's almost universally-reviled, and dipping their foot in that pond would mean losing their foot...

But DMC2 Dante had a small figure way back when, and he made an appearence in Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. Hell, I heard most people bought that game purely because Dante was in it.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

I know I know but y'know, I just wanna see something new. The best DMC2 got in the figure game are these
latest

and DmC didn't even get figures. I'd totally buy a DmC Dante figure.
Still, I guess the good thing is that Devil May Cry is at least not dead so...yay.

Neglecting the reboot is understandable, because it's almost universally-reviled, and dipping their foot in that pond would mean losing their foot...
Kind of already did when they did this

What is even.....?

The fact that this forum has stooped so low that simply stating your opinion equates to "starting something" is just sad. Stop taking things so seriously.

This thread is about discussing new DMC figures for goodness sakes. Focus on that.
Please that was literal flame bate. But I left it alone at "sure you did" and that was that.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I find it's ironic that when DMC1 figurine were released people complained. Now DMC3 figurine released people still complaining. Bet if DMC2 figurine were released people still complain. There are figures to almost every game in franchise except DMC2 for obvious reason and DmC for same obvious reasons so whole "there are only DMC3 figures" doesn't hold up.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
What is it with you guys lately? You all want to seem like the good guy who is right about stuff, but you do that by sinking your teeth into each other like starved vampires. I mean no offense, but Innsmouth was bashing DmC with his remark. I don't see any other way of looking at it considering not only what he said, but the fact that we're already pretty informed on how he views DmC. What does that matter? Well, because...quite simply we're aware of which members do or don't like DmC. I'm sure we've all taken note and paid close attention. The Staff have had enough of it, quite frankly. It needs to stop or at the very least be dramatically reduced. If you can't accept someone's criticism, just ignore it. For goodness sakes, we don't want you lot to feel like you can't have an opinion or try to stop you from expressing that opinion...but, (1) know when - or in fact - how your opinion is coming across to others as potential flame-bait. And (2) even if you do get offended or annoyed at something. Don't create merry hell over it, either ignore it or report it. And we will deal with it!

Because I've got to say, nothing gets reported - you all throw your comments at each other with no regard to the consequences. The only time the report function comes into play is when you feel like it will help you alone. It doesn't work that way. Most reported cases end up being rejected because the individual who is reporting a post is equally responsible for the argument. And if you're going to get involved just as much as the next person, don't expect us to take sides or be in your favour.

@Innsmouth: My apologies. This is NOT all aimed at you. You are only partly at fault here. I've just got to mention again though that, in my opinion, if you can't get along with @WolfOD64, then please could you both put each other on your ignore lists - just a suggestion.

Anywho, this was a display of some overblown responses to what was simply a thread about figurines. Figurines!

Please can we stop this. @Meg is spot on, it is getting tiresome now.

Thanks guys!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Compared to what the DMC3 figures got going on, not really. They are literally the size of a chess piece.
These figures really don't look all that great. The face seems really off especially with the hairstyle. The DMC 1 Dante look did indeed look better, and I'm not just saying that because I think that look is just cooler in general.

Dark Drakan

Admin
What is it with you guys lately? You all want to seem like the good guy who is right about stuff, but you do that by sinking your teeth into each other like starved vampires. I mean no offense, but Innsmouth was bashing DmC with his remark. I don't see any other way of looking at it considering not only what he said, but the fact that we're already pretty informed on how he views DmC. What does that matter? Well, because...quite simply we're aware of which members do or don't like DmC. I'm sure we've all taken note and paid close attention. The Staff have had enough of it, quite frankly. It needs to stop or at the very least be dramatically reduced. If you can't accept someone's criticism, just ignore it. For goodness sakes, we don't want you lot to feel like you can't have an opinion or try to stop you from expressing that opinion...but, (1) know when - or in fact - how your opinion is coming across to others as potential flame-bait. And (2) even if you do get offended or annoyed at something. Don't create merry hell over it, either ignore it or report it. And we will deal with it!

Because I've got to say, nothing gets reported - you all throw your comments at each other with no regard to the consequences. The only time the report function comes into play is when you feel like it will help you alone. It doesn't work that way. Most reported cases end up being rejected because the individual who is reporting a post is equally responsible for the argument. And if you're going to get involved just as much as the next person, don't expect us to take sides or be in your favour.

@Innsmouth: My apologies. This is NOT all aimed at you. You are only partly at fault here. I've just got to mention again though that, in my opinion, if you can't get along with @WolfOD64, then please could you both put each other on your ignore lists - just a suggestion.

Anywho, this was a display of some overblown responses to what was simply a thread about figurines. Figurines!

Please can we stop this. @Meg is spot on, it is getting tiresome now.

Thanks guys!

Agreed, the only time we see people report things outside of spambots is normally when a member has been involved in an argument with another member/members and then feels victimized suddenly and comes to staff to help when things stop going their way.

The staff wouldnt need to step in to stop these arguments if people simply stopped having them. We get that some people dont like things and things dont interest them but there is no need to step into every thread involving that topic to sound like a broken record repeating yourself and those same arguments time and time again. It is entirely possible to voice an opinion without hating on something or its fans and to have mature conversations without insults or flames.

If you dont like something or it doesnt interest you then simply ignore the thread and leave those who are interested and do enjoy the topic to discuss it. By now I think even my dog would be able to tell which members sit on what side of the fence in regards to DMC & DmC its become that tedious of a topic. I see many members saying 'I am entitled to my opinion' which is of course true but you also have to accept that not everyone agrees and people are also entitled to disagree with your opinion. It doesnt automatically give you the right to belittle those people or start arguments based on your differing opinions. As grown adults its embarrassing to see people communicating in the manner we have seen here sometimes & some people need to take a long hard look at their priorities in life and how they conduct themselves with others.

I mean how many of you could honestly be proud of your comments & interactions with others if a new member or search engine was to look through your latest post history and that content be visible to people outside of these forums? Because some of these threads DO show up in the top searches for Devil May Cry content on Google and the world essentially can see your comments. Some of you need to start to think about what impression other communities/sites or people in general would have of you if they saw your post content? This isnt directed solely at members in this thread but forum wide...

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
making a figurine seems fun, youtube here i come..

oh, and i gotta make sure, we really haven't got any DmC dante figurine???

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Personally my least favorite design for Dante is his DMC1 design. Too much red for my liking (Again, red vest, red coat, red pants, not to mention Dante was a little tanned in that game....which looked like orange skin thanks to early PS2 graphics, plus the white hair) yup, I just said I dislike Dante's original design
tumblr_mq47rnSpG81qko4x4o1_500.gif

And yet it's the one I have a figure of...I even used it in a video

I'm actually genuinely surprised there weren't more attempts to make a DMC2 figure or statue. I understand that game wasn't well-received, but I always assumed that Dante's design at least was.
I agree, DMC2 is by farrrrr my least favorite Devil May Cry game. But Dante's look in that game is my favorite

Top Bottom