• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite quotes

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"
―Edmund Burke

“Though a fight every now and then does make life a little more interesting, don’t ya think?”
―Dante

“Such is the fragility of evil”
―Ryu Hayabusa

"it was me against 50 of the living dead (laughter) i liked my chances"
―Yaiba
Ninja Gaiden Z

"Bruce Wayne, why are you dressed up like Batman?"
―Christopher Walken
Batman Returns

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" -Emiliano Zapata

"Just who the hell do you think I AM!?" -Kamina, Gurren Lagann

"Zeus, your son has returned! I bring the destruction of Olympus!" -Kratos

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
"Carpe Diem." (As long as it's not used in the same way that people use YOLO--as an excuse to do really stupid, irresponsible things).

"Some lights cast more than one shadow. Stand before the nightfire and you'll see for yourself. The flames shift and dance, never still. The shadows grow tall and short, and every man casts a dozen. Some are fainter than others, that's all. Well, men cast their shadows across the future as well. One shadow, or many." -Stannis Baratheon in, "A Clash of Kings"-

"It's not dying that you need to be afraid of; it's never having lived in the first place." - 'Britt Reid',The Green Hornet Movie-

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent-

"That which does not destroy me ultimately serves to make me stronger".

"Behind this mask there is more than flesh. Behind this mask is an idea, and ideas are bullet-proof." -V for Vendetta-

"The Night is always darkest before the Dawn". -Unknown-

"Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -William Wallace in Brave Heart-

"Si vis pacem, para bellum." (If you want peace, prepare for war).

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
"Today, we face the monsters that are at our doors, and bring the fight to them. We are canceling the Apocalypse"
Marshall Pentecost, Pacific Rim, 2013
"The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way around. Let them fight"
Dr. Serizawa, Godzilla, 2014
"I am the dragon, Dracul, I am the prince of darkness. I am, and will be forever a thorn in His side. That is my vengeance"
Gabriel Belmont, Lords of Shadow 2, 2014
"Because men do not fear swords. They fear monsters"
Dracula, Dracula Untold, 2014
"Well for one, them. I mean, our family's so screwed to hell, maybe we can help some others. Makes things a little bit more bearable. And I tell you what else helps. Killing as many evil sons-of-bitches as I possibly can."
Dean Winchester, Supernatural, 2005

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
"Gli uomini che vedete in copertina su "Men's Health" non esistono: hanno muscoli in posti che io non ho neanche i posti!"* - Giuseppe Giacobazzi

*"The guys you see on the covers of "Men's Healt" don't exist: they've got muscles in certain places... I don't even have those places!"

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
"Dr. Johnson, we are pleased and delighted to see that you didn't include any indecent or obscene words in your dictionary.

Ladies, I congratulate you on your ability to look them up."

Samuel Johnson, the first compiler of the English dictionary

Last edited:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
"Be very careful if you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man's rib. Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved."

The Talmud

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
d38da1ef9c9214159ceadca86e8721b6c946d795b3f23aa96c91026123ac2083.jpg

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Oh gods, if I put every Bruce Lee quote I liked, it would be a huge wall o' text. But some of my favourites would have to be:

"If you always put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

"All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns."

"To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities."

“The meaning of life is that it is to be lived, and it is not to be traded and conceptualized and squeezed into a pattern of systems.”

"Don't think. FEEL. It's like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory."

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Taurus Ballista: "If humans were to obtain power, they will definitely choose the wrong path. The reason is-"
Tsukasa: "The reason is because humans are foolish, right?"
Taurus Ballista: "That's right! We will protect the humans. They do not need power."
Tsukasa: "Indeed they are foolish. Being a hero because of a dead woman, running away to avoid hurting others...right?"
Yusuke: "Throwing yourself into danger to protect a friend...right?"
Tsukasa: "Because we're foolish we won't understand until we trip up on the road. Even if we make a mistake and get lost, we keep travelling. There's no need for you to 'guide us'!"
Taurus Ballista: "You b******, who do you think you are!?"
Tsukasa: "Just a passing through Kamen Rider. Remember that."

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Two of my favourite quotes regarding the importance of hard work. :thumbsup:

"Not all hard work is rewarded, but for those who do succeed, they will have definitely worked hard!"

“Anyone who says differently is selling something. Effort is everything! That's the only way to fix anything in this world! And I have to prove that to all the ordinary people out there so they'll keep on trying! I have to become the ordinary man who can surpass any genius! Those are the feelings I carried with me when I entered this Academy..."

Top Bottom