• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

explain the nero hate plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
LordOfDarkness;113996 said:
It is ignorant, because one thing. You can't just let it rest, u have to go on and on and on and on... Hey... You should have an off switch, it'd make a lot of people happier :p

Reply to this in what ever shape or form... I really do not care... Your opinion, I never disagreed. But you should respect my views ;)

I'm done now with the arguing.

I'm not going "on and on". I do respect you like Vergil more; I can't make you like anyone. But if someone liked Nero, it should be respectful to not make that banner and a topic hating Nero ;)

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
NerosDevil;114000 said:
I'm not going "on and on". I do respect you like Vergil more; I can't make you like anyone. But if someone liked Nero, it should be respectful to not make that banner and a topic hating Nero ;)

100% agree too!

Ryuuji

Dark slayer
I will tell why do I hate nero
will lets just see what nero did it was nothing
all he did was he wasted eleven missions he didn't kill any one but sanctus and the false savior I mean all of them were killed by dante and the savior was weakend by dante so tell me what has nero done to like

Esura

Ryuuji;114054 said:
I will tell why do I hate nero
will lets just see what nero did it was nothing
all he did was he wasted eleven missions he didn't kill any one but sanctus and the false savior I mean all of them were killed by dante and the savior was weakend by dante so tell me what has nero done to like

Stop hating on Nero. Nero is just a newb!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Everyone is entitled to their opinion. He gave his reasons, accept them and move on ;)

Esura

LordOfDarkness;114063 said:
^ Everyone is entitled to their opinion. He gave his reasons, accept them and move on ;)

Stop using that opinions line whenever I say something about someones post. Its annoying when anyone other than the poster I replied to says it. Let him say it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dark Esura;114066 said:
Stop using that opinions line whenever I say something about someones post. Its annoying when anyone other than the poster I replied to says it. Let him say it.

Sorry... Jeez... Cut me some slack, it's like you always want to start **** with me. If You have a problem, Pm me ;)

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
LordOfDarkness;114067 said:
Sorry... Jeez... Cut me some slack, it's like you always want to start **** with me. If You have a problem, Pm me ;)

Alright; this is getting out of hand now. You have your likes, I have mine. End of discussion. This has blown up because you disliked someone liking Nero more than Vergil, well thats how Nero fans feel when you go around trashing him. There. Done. Finito.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
NerosDevil;114076 said:
Alright; this is getting out of hand now. You have your likes, I have mine. End of discussion. This has blown up because you disliked someone liking Nero more than Vergil, well thats how Nero fans feel when you go around trashing him. There. Done. Finito.

What r u talking about. come back when you have some sense. I wasn't even speaking to you.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
NerosDevil;113990 said:
No :p

How is it ignorance? If you were any true fan of DMC; DMC1 is what defined the action genre at the time and Dante started the entire series; not Vergil. I loved DMC3; but Vergil is stereotyped.
Your opinion; I have mine. There :p

Vergil? A stereotype? And Nero isn't? Or Dante for that matter?

The thing is, it's nigh impossible to make an original character now because EVERYTHING has been done, every possible character variation, backstory and personality has been done, it's rediculous to even argue the point, because every character in DMC is so painfully stereotyped and unoriginal, it just so happens that Vergil struck a high note with greater ease than Nero.

Case in point: The reason that there's so much Nero hate isn't because of the debates, it isn't because of flame wars, it's simple, it follows the Hideo Kojima gambit, replacing the much loved main character with a new kid who's motivation can be summed up in three words: Pathetic and whipped.

It was the same in MGS 2 with Raiden subplanting Snake, look at it, Raiden's personality was the same as Nero's, whipped by his girlfriend and always complaining about one thing or another, much like Raiden, if Nero were in a prison cell, he'd get owned faster than you can say Aeris Gainsborough.

Perhaps he'll make a startling return, having his cool level boosted up by a massive amount, but until then, there's a lot of people who'll hate him for what he is, and I REALLY wish people would STOP this rediculous and pathetic Nero debate, we've heard every tired point in the book...

Ryuuji

Dark slayer
Dark Esura;114066 said:

will I was going to say it but he got there befor me and I respected your opinion why don't you respect mine
oh and one thing ( I will never stop hating nero )

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Angelo Credo;114080 said:
Vergil? A stereotype? And Nero isn't? Or Dante for that matter?

The thing is, it's nigh impossible to make an original character now because EVERYTHING has been done, every possible character variation, backstory and personality has been done, it's rediculous to even argue the point, because every character in DMC is so painfully stereotyped and unoriginal, it just so happens that Vergil struck a high note with greater ease than Nero.

Case in point: The reason that there's so much Nero hate isn't because of the debates, it isn't because of flame wars, it's simple, it follows the Hideo Kojima gambit, replacing the much loved main character with a new kid who's motivation can be summed up in three words: Pathetic and whipped.

It was the same in MGS 2 with Raiden subplanting Snake, look at it, Raiden's personality was the same as Nero's, whipped by his girlfriend and always complaining about one thing or another, much like Raiden, if Nero were in a prison cell, he'd get owned faster than you can say Aeris Gainsborough.

Perhaps he'll make a startling return, having his cool level boosted up by a massive amount, but until then, there's a lot of people who'll hate him for what he is, and I REALLY wish people would STOP this rediculous and pathetic Nero debate, we've heard every tired point in the book...

Nero didn’t criticize half as bad as Raiden did. Snake got the job done; Dante messes around with style and etc. If Nero did carp about having to do something like to Raiden who whimped out on everything, name one; he got discouraged for about 5 seconds and then sustained on. I don’t particularly want Nero anything like Dante in the womanizing part and giving a jack about much. The human side is what I liked.
And these arguments are tiring like said, Kobayashi has reduced DMC fans to clawing at each others throats.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Something we agree on...The Nero debates are getting out of hand, still, it stands that it's going through exactly the same motions as MGS 2, yet I've never understood WHY people hate him, I personally don't like him, but I don't hate him either, I'm not fussed either way about what happens to him, thing is, no one has yet to offer a REAL reason as to why they dislike him, I've heard the same excuse used again and again.

"He replaced Dante."
"He's a boring character."
"He's too pretty boy-emo."
"He replaced Dante."
"He ruined the story."

Oh and did I mention..."He replaced Dante?" :lol:

Seriously, it's all the same excuses over and over again and I'm frankly sick of it, especially here of all places, I never expected the fanboy warfare to strike somewhere like here where the members actually have an ounce of self respect, it saddens me really.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Different forums have different opinions on the characters; IGN and PB are not DMC forums to go if you want respect. DMC.org is a heck of alot friendlier to what i've encountered. Nero isn't as extreme on the scale as Raiden,I remember back a while ago joining a MGS forum, and no one liked Raiden. Nero from polls is actually 'liked' by a fair few. Not to mention how only a small majority of DMC fans now scale the net being 50 maximum adding the entire net of English users; and adding 2.3 million who bought the game.
I'm not overly keen on Vergil; but I don't make threads and polls about it.
DMC4 has more or less made members fight and divide onto sides now of fanboy v.s fanboy.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
If the kiddies could play nicely it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want anymore reported posts just because someone disagrees with someone else - it's a futile use of the function and a waste of my time - 5 reports for no reason? Give it a rest, you guys.

If this thread does your head in for whatever reason, here's a little-used tip - don't post in it. It's not worth the aggro, trust me.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Indeed, DMC.Org is certainly much friendlier in terms of members, but I just didn't expect these forums to be hit by the fanboy war, I've always used the Raiden/Nero case as an example, never as a definite, the characters have differences yes, but the point still remains the same, most reasoning behind the hate is because the much loved main character is subplanted by someone else.

Vergil was one of my favourite characters, but like you, I don't rant on about it, I've seen some people call others idiots for liking Nero in this very thread (You know who you are) and those people should be ashamed, I respect your opinion on Vergil, I respect everyone's opinion on Nero, I just wish things weren't so difficult that everyone has to make a scene when someone's opinion is different to theirs.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Angelo Credo;114102 said:
Indeed, DMC.Org is certainly much friendlier in terms of members, but I just didn't expect these forums to be hit by the fanboy war, I've always used the Raiden/Nero case as an example, never as a definite, the characters have differences yes, but the point still remains the same, most reasoning behind the hate is because the much loved main character is subplanted by someone else.

Vergil was one of my favourite characters, but like you, I don't rant on about it, I've seen some people call others idiots for liking Nero in this very thread (You know who you are) and those people should be ashamed, I respect your opinion on Vergil, I respect everyone's opinion on Nero, I just wish things weren't so difficult that everyone has to make a scene when someone's opinion is different to theirs.

It's going on everywhere, all forums no matter how friendly are having flamewars from:
"Nero should die"
"Vergil is better than Nero"
"Nero, Nero, Nero etc"
It's a clash between the people who like Nero and those who don't and neither want to back down, putting Capcom in a tight spot. MGS certainly never done this before. Polls seem to favour him, if you don't like him fair enough, but I don't see the point in flamming, trolling and biting other peoples preferences. It's beyond annoying.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Almost seems as if Capcom made Nero specifically to rip DMC communities apart, I dispise the arguements Nero has generated, I never understood the fanboy warfare really, it seems to me that if people have time to sit and argue about a pixelated character, then they should really think about organising their lives into better priority.

I'm aware that arguements have been going on everywhere, but it still continues to confuse me as to why it even happens, Nero is little more than PIXELS for goodness sake, arguements, hatred, all of that, none of it is worth it, Nero may not have been an ideal character, but the ignorance of people and the lengths they'll go to try and prove thier flamebait excuses for points never ceases to amaze me.

As a final closing statement...Nero is here to stay, I wish people would get over it and accept the fact.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Well said. Alot of games are fanboys; I'm probably on the Nero/Dante side, but I won't flame what anyone likes unless its continuous and out of hand. Rep + :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom