• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Eurogamer videos

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
...~imagines Dante firing lasers from his eyes or his mouth~ "Stand back, Vergil...I'm A CHARGAN MAH LAZOR!!!"
Vergil face palms and asks god why his brother is such an idiotic jackass. XD

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
if he absorbs the bosses power after a fight, itd make sense. the weapon is a manifestation of the new gained power. reflective of dantes personality, thoughts and general feelings of the battle and boss. we saw the brutal and primative verbal confrontation between the two ( dante just reacting appropriately) hence the power is blunt and brutal ie eryx. perhaps same can be said for bob. he a round about guy (geddit :D ) and takes things from a distance.

but what i STILL dont get is why he gives dante an angel power. WE KNOW hes a demon, perhaps bob stole some power from a nephilim or an angel. wud explain why the main one is apparently trapped in his realm and unable to pass on.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
but what i STILL dont get is why he gives dante an angel power. WE KNOW hes a demon, perhaps bob stole some power from a nephilim or an angel. wud explain why the main one is apparently trapped in his realm and unable to pass on.
I like that idea, and it does make sense because of what Phineas says about that nephilim woman. Maybe Bob is also in the business of eating hearts because there is power from it, so could assume he ate the nephimim's and got her power.

788Masri

I like that idea, and it does make sense because of what Phineas says about that nephilim woman. Maybe Bob is also in the business of eating hearts because there is power from it, so could assume he ate the nephimim's and got her power.

its what im thinking, but if so they seem to be underplaying it quite a bit. imagine how kickass itd be if one of the bosses goe around weilding a set of angel wings as a frikin weapon.that they tore off an angel during the war??? or perhaps to mimick nephilim powers?

scionicspectre

It actually makes a lot of sense to me from the themes and colors in those battles. Mix Rebellion's styling with that of the boss & arena and you get these weapons. Aquila honestly reminds me of TRON discs (and hey, Bob's kinda' like the giant head in that film). Someone already mentioned Poison's punching and swiping. It's about as straightforward as when you get Cerberus in DMC 3.

788Masri

It actually makes a lot of sense to me from the themes and colors in those battles. Mix Rebellion's styling with that of the boss & arena and you get these weapons. Aquila honestly reminds me of TRON discs (and hey, Bob's kinda' like the giant head in that film). Someone already mentioned Poison's punching and swiping. It's about as straightforward as when you get Cerberus in DMC 3.

TRON discs. clever :D yh that explains that. but not why its an angel weapon :p

EllDawn

Angus said it himself in the game. He said that he made lesser Hell Gates as a substitution for the real Hell Gate, probably for acquiring demon souls.
lol. I apparently didn't pay much attention, because I don't remember that at all.

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
Spoiler Alert!!! The following Vid shows how Dante aquires the Aquila:

What's confusing to me is, how comes he got an Angel Weapon from a Demon? :blink:

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
I figured, but my issue is, how comes he gets the aquila from a Demon if its suppose to be an angelic weapon? Is it possible that Boss is actually a fallen angel?

Devil Player

I figured, but my issue is, how comes he gets the aquila from a Demon if its suppose to be an angelic weapon? Is it possible that that Boss is actually a fallen angel?

He was probably a fallen angel. Talk about being corrupt, lol.

It would be the only logical explanation.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
He was probably a fallen angel.
That would make sense, like Mundus talked Bob over to the dark side....we have cookies :p
But, I just can't imagine Bob as an angel. He's such an ass. :lol:

EvilX-81

Could be they attained the weapons from angels and are just using them as power sources or somesuch, ala Demons Arms powering the Hell Gates in DMC4.

Depending on your theology, all demons were fallen angels :p

There's a weird sort of irony in that the old Dante was more along the definition of Nephilim than DmC Dante, who's specifically labeled as such. Come to think of it, I wonder if angels exist in the DMC universe...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Depending on your theology, all demons were fallen angels :p
Chucked out of heaven for questioning God.
Which makes me wonder if there is a God-like creature bigger than the angels and demons.
Mundus says he is a God, but he's just self proclaimed God status. So there's got to be a bigger power than Mundus.
And just where are the angels in Limbo city? Is it an angel no-go zone because Mundus eats their hearts. :p If angels are supposed to be compassionate creatures, surely they'd want to help humans.

EvilX-81

If angels are supposed to be compassionate creatures, surely they'd want to help humans.

If Osiris and Acquila are any evidence, maybe the angels should work on stronger weapony. Then again, if the stuff we see Bob doing in his boss battle is any indication of what Acquila's power should be....

m100t8s

That would make sense, like Mundus talked Bob over to the dark side....we have cookies :p
But, I just can't imagine Bob as an angel. He's such an ass. :lol:

Honestly Bob is as bad as 'some' DmC haters.
If you think about it, 'some' DmC haters make stuff up about DmC and lie about it so it get hated.
While Bob is doing the same. He is lying to the public that Dante killed innocent people and that he is a terrorist, just so Dante get hated by everyone in the human world.

And also, Some haters wish that DmC Dante never existed.
.. Isn't that what Mundus wish's too?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
If Osiris and Acquila are any evidence, maybe the angels should work on stronger weapony
Angel and demon weapons kind of balance out in terms of power. Demon weapons are slow, so the hits are powerful, but can't get as many hits in. Whereas an angel weapon could get more hits in, at a weaker power, but because of the speed of the hits, it would equal a slow powerful demon attack.

Honestly Bob is as bad as 'some' DmC haters.
Bob is apparently supposed to be like a Fox news guy called Bill. Yep he's a hater, but he's also there to show the ignorance of certain news groups.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
There's a weird sort of irony in that the old Dante was more along the definition of Nephilim than DmC Dante, who's specifically labeled as such. Come to think of it, I wonder if angels exist in the DMC universe...

How is classic Dante more like a Nephilim...? By definition, classic Dante is a Cambion (offspring of a demon and human).

Angels seem to exist in the DMC universe, as they're mentioned quite a bit, but they're never seen.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Angel and demon weapons kind of balance out in terms of power. Demon weapons are slow, so the hits are powerful, but can't get as many hits in. Whereas an angel weapon could get more hits in, at a weaker power, but because of the speed of the hits, it would equal a slow powerful demon attack.

Ah~ good ol' DPS :p

Top Bottom