• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Eurogamer videos

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
good guy ian puts on another

ian how/where do we sign up for said live stream???

Paexie

I gottah say, I really like the booming sound the aquila makes while he's in DT.
Also, Bob Barbas looks easy, but it looks like his attacks could kill you in one or two hits, especially since this is Devil Hunter mode.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
He tells you to shut up and just talks over you when you prove him wrong on his own show :p

And calls you a pinhead.

EllDawn

Unfortunately I don't have anything to ask. I will keep watching this thread for more videos, though. Thank you for the ones you've posted.

ChaserTech

I personally didn't understand how random Aquila was achieved.

Obtaining Arbiter made sense a bit because Sparda apparently left it for him. I thought that was cool.
Same thing goes for Osiris. Eva left it to him (....I think.)

But he just randomly gets it after beating Bob Barbas? That's a little weird for me.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, and killing Poison gets you Eryx. It's rather odd, not sure what the theme is. Granted, these aren't technically Devil Arms, so they aren't the enemy's soul or anything, but it still seems to be some sort of power you get from them.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
i really dont see the link, i mean in the other games there was some correlation. even the more jokey ones like the guitar (blank on the name) had all the abilities of the lust demon in DMC3. where as here, i dont see a link between weapon and origin :p

EllDawn

i really dont see the link, i mean in the other games there was some correlation. even the more jokey ones like the guitar (blank on the name) had all the abilities of the lust demon in DMC3. where as here, i dont see a link between weapon and origin :p
From what I remember, there wasn't in 4. That's pretty much where they dropped the idea of the weapons having something to do with the boss you acquire it from.

ChaserTech

From what I remember, there wasn't in 4. That's pretty much where they dropped the idea of the weapons having something to do with the boss you acquire it from.

If I recall correctly, Devil Arms were used to power the Hell Gates. Which is why Dante acquired them at every boss fight that had a Hell Gate. (I think)

EllDawn

If I recall correctly, Devil Arms were used to power the Hell Gates. Which is why Dante acquired them at every boss fight that had a Hell Gate. (I think)
Maybe. I never even read anything about it, just what was said and done in the game.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Correct. The Order of the Sword was collecting them to power their Hell Gates. Dante was taken them and then destroying the gates for good measure :p

But, as I say again, DmC's weapons aren't Devil Arms, which means they aren't necessarily the boss demon's soul. Knowing this, the fact that there's no link is easier to understand. Still rather odd though.

But...Poison used her fists and a lot of close-range abilities, while Bob used a lot of ranged ones. That's as close as I can get a link of :p

ChaserTech

Maybe. I never even read anything about it, just what was said and done in the game.

Angus said it himself in the game. He said that he made lesser Hell Gates as a substitution for the real Hell Gate, probably for acquiring demon souls.

Correct. The Order of the Sword was collecting them to power their Hell Gates. Dante was taken them and then destroying the gates for good measure :p

But, as I say again, DmC's weapons aren't Devil Arms, which means they aren't necessarily the boss demon's soul. Knowing this, the fact that there's no link is easier to understand. Still rather odd though.

But...Poison used her fists and a lot of close-range abilities, while Bob used a lot of ranged ones. That's as close as I can get a link of :p

Yeah even with those small similarities, I really don't see much of a link between the weapon and the boss. It just seems like it was randomly thrown into the plot, imo.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah even with those small similarities, I really don't see much of a link between the weapon and the boss. It just seems like it was randomly thrown into the plot, imo.

Yeah. It would have made more sense if Dante got claw weapons from Poison and a laser weapon from Bob :p

Top Bottom